Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2

Re: Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2 - Blue Planet Nutri

well just the other day i jinxed myself by saying my cheapo ph pen as been so good to me for 2 yrs, now its acting wack, i got some odd readings so i tested it with my calibration fluid and its reading the 7.01 fluid at 8.6 and the 4.03 at 6.5 seems it needs adjustment .but my cali fluid is not new i had it stored in vitamin bottles i cleaned real well, what im wondering is ,is there a universal liquid product,common household item that has a known consistent ph i can triple check with before i bust out the tiny screwdriver and adjust it, my one and only hydro plant HBD is showing signs of ph problems so i need to fix it asap,, im gonna post this in a couple of you hydro wizard guys journals as well as mine, why i didnt think to get strips as a backup i dont know lol thanks in advance J

Re: Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2 - Blue Planet Nutri

well just the other day i jinxed myself by saying my cheapo ph pen as been so good to me for 2 yrs, now its acting wack, i got some odd readings so i tested it with my calibration fluid and its reading the 7.01 fluid at 8.6 and the 4.03 at 6.5 seems it needs adjustment .but my cali fluid is not new i had it stored in vitamin bottles i cleaned real well, what im wondering is ,is there a universal liquid product,common household item that has a known consistent ph i can triple check with before i bust out the tiny screwdriver and adjust it, my one and only hydro plant HBD is showing signs of ph problems so i need to fix it asap,, im gonna post this in a couple of you hydro wizard guys journals as well as mine, why i didnt think to get strips as a backup i dont know lol thanks in advance J

White distilled vinegar is consistently the same pH about 5% to 8% acetic acid in water, with a pH of about 2.4

20 Mule Team Borax:

NIST standardized Calibration Fluids:
Why can borax be used to make a pH standard? All of the NIST pH calibration solutions (the pH 4.0, 7.0 and 10.0 calibration solutions that you might buy from a scientific supply house in North America) are made by mixing controlled quantities of an acid and conjugate base. So usually you would need to mix precise quantities of two different compounds to make a pH standard solution.

However, borax has a very special property. It can be regarded as an equimolar mixture of boric acid and borate ions (with the required counter-ions and water of hydration.) So, within its crystalline structure, it has both components required to make a pH standard solution. Better still, it carries both of them in precise quantities, because if it doesn’t, it really can’t be borax.

To make the textbook standard, you dissolve 3.8 grams of borax per liter of purified water. It turns out that 1/2 teaspoon of solid borax weighs just about two grams. It also turns out that the pH of borax solutions is only weakly dependent on the concentration of borax in the solution. So, we don’t need to be tremendously precise in our measurement of the borax to still produce a useful pH standard.

Because 1 quart = 946.4 milliliters (ml), if we use a pint of water and add a half teaspoon of borax to it, we should have a pH standard solution with 2 grams of borax per 473 ml or 4.3 grams of borax per liter. This is within about 10 percent of the standard borax pH calibration solution, and because of the weak dependence of pH on concentration, it is close enough for our purposes. So, you should be able to use everyday kitchen measuring equipment to make this solution.

Pure Borax in Distilled water pH is 9.18 at 25C or 77F

Now it does change a tiny bit as the temperature changes, so here's a table for that.

[SIZE=-1]Borax/Sodium Metaborate
3.80 grams Na2BO7 10H2O /liter)
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](Celsius)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](Fahrenheit)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]pH[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]0[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]32[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.464[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]5[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]41[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.395[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]10[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]50[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.332[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]15[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]59[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.276[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]16[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]60.8[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.266[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]17[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]62.6[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.256[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]18[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]64.4[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.245[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]19[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]66.2[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.235[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]20[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]68[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.225[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]21[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]69.8[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.216[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]22[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]71.6[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.207[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]23[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]73.4[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.198[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]24[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]75.2[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.192[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]25[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]77[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.180[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]26[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]78.8[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.172[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]27[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]80.6[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.167[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]28[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]82.4[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.155[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]29[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]84.2[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.147[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]30[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]86[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.139[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]35[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]95[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.081[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]40[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]104[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9.068[/SIZE]

As for the 7.0 point... ummm... human blood ranges from 7.1 to 7.3, usually. Distilled water or RO water is SUPPOSED TO BE 7.0, but I have yet to actually see that.

Thanks for the info Jandre. I have my hydro DWC up and running so hopefully I can run this smooth with the BPN. I made a few mistakes with the curing process. 1 starting with not flushing long enough. But I couldnt since only half of my plant was done and I had to harvest that half early. So I couldnt get the flush in. My timing was off.

sorry i havnt been around for a while my friend...been hectic!

devastated to hear the en of JD Kush =(...thems the breaks tho, you going to be trying again with 100% known parents this time?

love the info on hydroton replacements and ph buffers.

dont suppose you have any knowledge in that beautiful brain of yours regarding the stabilisation of PH in a pre res?

im swapping to a drip to waste system so in theory there is no reason for my ppm/ph to change much. the more i can stabilise it, the longer i can go between inspections and rez change =)

sorry i havnt been around for a while my friend...been hectic!

devastated to hear the en of JD Kush =(...thems the breaks tho, you going to be trying again with 100% known parents this time?

love the info on hydroton replacements and ph buffers.

dont suppose you have any knowledge in that beautiful brain of yours regarding the stabilisation of PH in a pre res?

im swapping to a drip to waste system so in theory there is no reason for my ppm/ph to change much. the more i can stabilise it, the longer i can go between inspections and rez change =)

To stabilize? I don't know if you're using BPN, but once you balance at 5.8 with that stuff it usually stays there. With a top drip and drain-to-waste, you won't have anything going back into the res to throw it off, so it should be very stable. I'd still check it at least once a day, but that's just me. Corey once told me though, that having a mix for over 14 days is pushing the envelope for nutrient vitality, though, so if I were you, I'd mix up enough for just that amount of time, and start a new one every 14 days.

Sorry you had to scrap your own strain man, bummer. I gotta say, props for having your own cross though, even if it had the tendency to hermie

Hush now don't you cry
Wipe away the teardrop from your eye

You're lying safe in bed
It was all a bad dream
Spinning in your head

Your mind tricked you to feel the pain
Of someone close to you leaving the game
(spoken/whispered)Of life

So here it is, another chance
Wide awake, you face the day
Your dream is over...

Or has it just begun?

There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night

Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize
And you were scared

It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind

Commanding in another world
Suddenly, you'll hear and see
This magic new dimension

I
Will be watching over you
I am gonna help you see it through
I
Will protect you in the night
I am smiling next to you

In silent lucidity...

(Solo)

Spoken(Warped down):
Visualize your dream (Yes)
Record it in the present tense (Don't be scared)
Put it into a permanent form
If you persist in your efforts
You can achieve a dream control
(Control)
(How're you doing today?) (Better?)

Dream control
Dream control
Dream control

(Help me...)

If you open your mind for me
You won't rely on open eyes to see

The walls you built within
Come tumbling down
And a new world will begin

Living twice at once you learn
You're safe from pain in the dream domain
A soul set free to fly

A round trip journey in your head
Master of illusion, can you realize?
Your dream's alive, you can be the guide but...

I
Will be watching over you
I am gonna help you see it through
I
Will protect you in the night
I am smiling next to you...

Okay, folks... It seems that things are smoothing out for a while.

I'll go ahead and tell you all what's been going on. Eight years ago, about a year after I came to California, I met a girl. That girl became the love of my life. She introduced me to the male figure that she was extremely close to. The patriarch of a very loving family, and father of four. He was very funny, and highly abrasive. You never doubted where you stood with this man, and I quickly grew close to him as well. He never tried to change the actions of others, but let you know in an instant if he disagreed with them, and then it was over, never to be heard about again. He loved his family more than I've ever seen, and they loved him back just as much. I guess you could say that about me and my beloved as well. For me, it was as much as a person can about a man that's not family, but was accepted into the family extension with open arms.

Well, my little extended family out here in California has suffered a great loss and life out here was rough for a while. I never knew how much a man's death could affect me until I was faced with his passing. I mean, yeah, we all knew it would happen eventually, hell even his doctor told him that he had no idea why he was still alive and kicking as hard as he did. He suffered a few heart attacks, had diabetes, and various other maladies. All while smoking cigarettes, drinking, and puffin the smoke- a LOT of smoke... That's what we think kept him so clear, and mobile for so long. He never... and I mean NEVER stopped moving unless he was asleep, which wasn't much.

All we know for sure is that he passed in the night, quietly, and they found him the next morning... with a fuckin' grin on his face. In a last bit of humor, his death certificate was filled out with is name misspelled: LOL! It figures, right? even in death he made us laugh one last time.

After the dust settled, it was decided that I should receive his seeds. *ME*?!? Seriously?!? Sheesh! So I accepted them along with some of his ashes to take home. I've been sitting on them for a couple of weeks, now, (the seeds, not the ashes) trying to get up the courage to do them justice.

Well, I finally went and did it. This morning ends the "wintering" and they are now sitting in a dome in a warm place on some wet paper towels. We shall see how well they do in the coming days, and I will record it all here.

I have taken up the task, at the urging of my beloved, and one of his daughters, of growing them. I have decided to also make a cross of these seeds, and stabilizing it. This summer, during the family camping get-together, I will unveil it to the rest of the family, and we will smoke to his life, his deeds, his memory, and his passing.

You are getting a sneak peek, here. What they don't know, is that I will name it after him as well, if it stabilizes well: "Darly". They'll get a kick out of the misspelling.

I will be giving out the seeds to everyone in the family, once it is finished in a few years, and I'm hoping we will plant them on the family property, to grow wild, and live free, just as he did. Of course, I will keep a good supply here to grow out for each get together, so he can always be with us while camping together each year.

It's the best way I know to keep his memory alive in myself, and continue to share his joy that he always spread around so freely to those he loved. The art from his hands, and turtles may have stopped appearing in random places- His whistling random tunes, and lilting humming, won't be heard anymore- We will never laugh with his insane jokes, or random observances about how "...the world is going to shit," but his soul healing legacy will live on through his seeds left behind. My greatest hope is that each year, he continues to touch each of us, if not physically, then spiritually, through those seeds left among is things.

Gawds, I hope I get this right.

Sorry to hear about your loss jandre, the guy sounds amazing. Its nice he went with a smile and you get to grow his seeds.

This may sound off but dont take it that way , no offense intended. But when you grow one of the mothers why not add just a little of the ash to the mix , its carbon after all. Then he can live not only in your memory but in his plants as well.

If his love was plants as well he would maybe want it. I would I've always said I want plants around my grave , me giving back to the world. If this offended you i'm really sorry!! Wasnt going to write it but thought it was a good idea. Or am I just stupid?

Will be great grow to watch, so much love behind it. :love::Namaste::peace:

Sorry to hear about your loss jandre, the guy sounds amazing. Its nice he went with a smile and you get to grow his seeds.

This may sound off but dont take it that way , no offense intended. But when you grow one of the mothers why not add just a little of the ash to the mix , its carbon after all. Then he can live not only in your memory but in his plants as well.

If his love was plants as well he would maybe want it. I would I've always said I want plants around my grave , me giving back to the world. If this offended you i'm really sorry!! Wasnt going to write it but thought it was a good idea. Or am I just stupid?

Will be great grow to watch, so much love behind it. :love::Namaste::peace:

I was actually thinking about that, but with the family planting on the family land once it's stabilized. Great Idea!

Here is the link: The Darly Project

Now, I'm still a bit out of sorts, so bear with me as I get my head straight, and I'll be back full-force as soon as I can. For now, I'll continue updating, here, and over there. I'm afraid, that if I visit other journals, I'll say something else, I regret. I've already almost started a feud in one journal, and to make it worse, he was a new member. Luckily, I wasn't too bad, and it was seen as having passion for growing, but, I dare not push my luck anymore.

Until then, enjoy the pictures, and the updates.

you will always have the good times to remember Jandre, so sorry about your families loss:(
wished I could link the great gig in the sky for you. he sounded like an amazing person and from what I know of you can only back that up 10 fold!
grow some and think This Buds For You:circle-of-love:

Here is the link: The Darly Project

Now, I'm still a bit out of sorts, so bear with me as I get my head straight, and I'll be back full-force as soon as I can. For now, I'll continue updating, here, and over there. I'm afraid, that if I visit other journals, I'll say something else, I regret. I've already almost started a feud in one journal, and to make it worse, he was a new member. Luckily, I wasn't too bad, and it was seen as having passion for growing, but, I dare not push my luck anymore.

Until then, enjoy the pictures, and the updates.

You can start a feud in my journal anytime! :cheesygrinsmiley: Good to see you are gaining... soon you will be ahead.

yeah what buck said:)

totals from first staggered harvest of jandre Kush:

2.25oz smoke

3.5oz Hash material (trim and sub-par buds) yielded
5g Grade "A" hash (73 micron bag) dark yellow in color
9g Grade "B" hash (160 micron bag) yellowish-green color

Test smoke of Grade "A" revealed a bubbly burn then white ash, and VERY POTENT! Still has the strong diesel smell, but tastes of pine when smoked. Hits like a freight train, being pushed by jet engines. Full effect in under a minute and lasts for over two hours, almost three. I forgot to keep an eye on the clock, but realized as it was wearing off that it had been about three-ish hours since I'd moved at all. Not a very creative smoke, but intensely euphoric and relaxing at the same time. I was one with the upholstery. If I had been trying to sleep, I definitely would have been gone.

I may change my mind on stabilizing this cross after all. With the uplifting, yet completely sedative effects, it warrants a second look past the hermie problem. Maybe... just maybe I can breed that down a bit?

Hell, if anything, it would make a perfect hash crop.

Yeah jandre thats cool,
Your kush, Sweet! Nice review, just had me pricing bubble bags , iso method is a bit wrong compared to ice. :bravo:

Yeah jandre thats cool,
Your kush, Sweet! Nice review, just had me pricing bubble bags , iso method is a bit wrong compared to ice. :bravo:

I use dry ice, so there's a lot less "Drying time" after gathering all the triches together.

These bags can also be used for the water/ice method, but that seems to be a lot more time from start, to pressing, than the dry-ice method.

What IS dry ice? Sorry for stupid Q :) Its something I hear a lot but dont actually know what it is:laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom