Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2

Re: Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2 - Blue Planet Nutri

Looks great J, got my temps down to 60 but GDP and grape stomper have yet to show me any color.:peace:
Magic number you're looking for is 55... Almost there! :cheesygrinsmiley:

The last I could find here are Growstones......they are crap, broken and dirty. Yuck!
Yeah, growstones look to be basically just tightly compacted sand. Says it's recycled glass... I think they need to heat it a bit more to get it to stick together better. Better just go with the hydrocorn, or hydro pebbles... They look the closest to the actual Hydroton brand expanded clay.

Re: Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2 - Blue Planet Nutri

They look like some nice buds Jandre! Loads of resin, :bravo:

Beautiful Jandre!
globs for days!!
:thumb:

I started off by just scrolling through a few pages, but before I realized it, 39 pages had passed. Great grow, the purple mr nice looks extra-frosty!! I'm subbed :) :)

Beautiful Jandre!
globs for days!!
:thumb:
Thank ya!

I started off by just scrolling through a few pages, but before I realized it, 39 pages had passed. Great grow, the purple mr nice looks extra-frosty!! I'm subbed :) :)

YAY! Welcome to the thread! I have a lot going on outside of hte forum lately, so it's moving kinda slow lately.

Working on a fully planted vivarium for some dart frogs I'll be getting in a few months, so that's keeping me busy. And, yes, for you guys that are wondering, I'm DIY-ing it all. Got all the glass for the enclosure for 45 bucks. I'm sculpting the faux rock wall myself. I'm running the irrigation, and misting, and everything from the glass, up. The only thing I'm going to the actual stores for is the plant life, the pumps, and tubing, and the frogs. I'm even trying my hand at building my own LED Grow lights for it. These aren't going to be high output, and I don't expect them to perform to 420 standards, it's just more of a proof of concept for me, really. White during the day, and "Moon Blue" at night.

OH! I'm also going to be growing some bio-luminescent mushrooms just 'cause I think they'll look cool in there. I'll post pics of the major steps as we go.

As for the 420 related stuff. That last batch of P.Mr.N is REALLY nice. Did a test smoke of it, passed out, and woke up rested. It's a definite keeper strain. Shitz and Giguls are really starting to get a nice pine-lemon scent to them. Kinda strange, they smell nothing like their sister. I wonder how they're gonna kick!

P1 jandre Kush are almost done. I have one in there that went almost horizontal, then curved up. Held straight it is over 2 feet long, and is almost 6" across at its widest part. I actually thought it was part of the older plant in Side A, but I tracked it across to Side B... It was in the back and kinda hard to get to, and the mites really did a number on the lower part of it, but it's really the upper 18" that interests me... heavy as hell, I had to tie it up. And it stinks to high skies in there. We're gonna have some good hash in a few weeks, my friends... Good hash indeed.

gorgeous!!!

Shitz and Giguls have been harvested, hung for 3 days, and are now in the cure. 4.9g. These were the two very small Purple Mr. Nice. They flowered for 83 days and went a light haze of purple without cold treatment.

I will be flowering this one again and again... I will let further flowering go for about 90 days to try and see if they go even further purple.

Really beautiful nugs - very frosty! Great info on hydroton. I have to look more into that 80/20 media, that specifically mentions the Flo N Gro... :thumb:

Cool on the Vivarium project. Sounds like you're a busy dude! Hope you are well!

Very beautiful nugs you got there on page 39. Im now on the BPN train so hopefully im able to pull of the same results :)

As Corey has said before... Nutrients is only 33% of the equation. The other 66% is made up of environment, genetics, and skill. But, at least with BPN, you'll have 100% of that 33% covered. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm sure you have the skill, and the genetics, but how are we coming with the environmentals? :rofl: Naw... I'm kidding...

Plus if the nutes used incorrectly you aint even getting the 33%. Like you say jandre, everything comes into play, not just power of lights or a big nute bottle with a rasta saying "BIG BUD" on it. Pretty pictures sell better than animal poo :)

Staggered Harvest Part-1

103.9 days jandre Kush (P1)

Staggered harvest. Tops only. Mite damaged parts clipped away. I caught it early, but still they had spread inside the densest parts and it was hard to reach all of it so moderate damaged happened. I cleaned these up a little bit for hanging. Did not do close trim, as most of this will be for hash, and the choicest will be smoked. I did not weigh the mite loss, as that would send me even further down my spiral. I'll just say it was a lot. So, I will concentrate on what I have gained, instead of what I have lost to the mites.

Ended this session with 472g (16.6493oz or 1.04lb). I expect, since these did not get diminishing light routine that I will end with about 4.16oz when all is said and done.

Longest cola at first cut was 24.25 inches, and that left about 6 inches on the plant. Mite damage was pretty bad, so had to trim that out. That 1 cola ended with 17" long and 5.5" across at its widest point, weighing 119g after all was cleaned up.

I now know that the original P1 cross is of diesel descent. Tangy, almost to the point that you can feel it at the backs of your cheeks when you smell it. Scissor/finger hash smoked really smooth, with no fertilizer/chemical taste at all. It made me pucker, smoking the fresh resin, and my mind is racing a mile a minute. Heart rate is elevated, but not so much as to make me worry. Definitely had that musty kush taste, underneath the diesel, and it finished on the exhale with a very slight pine/citrus. I think the father may have been Sour Diesel. Actually I'm 95% sure.

Recap:
104 days
13/11 lights
BPN Monster bloom schedule
2 weeks water flush
4 plants harvested in staggered fashion
if 1oz = 28.3495, then
First of harvest part-1 yielded 472g or 1.04lb (wet)
Expected dry yield is 118g or 4.16oz (dry)

Pictures were shaky, because I got the hiccups, and camera, for some reason doesn't show triches until they're hanging. Let me assure you, these things are covered with triches, and sticky as hell. I had a hell of a time getting the layer off my fingers.

Pics:

Here's the one nug that really should be a lot bigger. 4 ounces in itself. Expecting about 1 ounce on a stick. HOW'S THAT FOR LOLLYPOT?!

\

\

What is left in the box, Side A

I did find some seeds, so this cross has a tendency to hermie. I am officially scrubbing the jandre Kush project. The hermie part of it is hard to trace, and even harder to breed out. Plants spending energy to make seeds do not have that energy to make buds/triches for smoking. I'm sorry to all those that have been following the project, but I cannot continue. The "male" flowers are too small for me to see, since I did not see them when they happened. And, believe me.... I was looking every day for them.

fin

Looks good Jandre. What do you do about the lost of smell while drying, I did a practice run & it started to lose its smell & there wasn't much left of it threw curing.

If you're losing smell through curing, I have noticed it is replaced by a "grass" smell, no? This is sometimes due to not flushing it properly for the two weeks prior to harvest. To keep my sticky icky, I give them a new fresh pH'd water res every day for the 14 days prior to harvest. then I hang them in a boudoir until the stems snap. This lets me know that they are dried sufficiently to take down, and nug up. then I take them down, cut the nugs off the main stems, and do a final trim. Then I jar them all up, only filling about 2/3 of the way to the top of the jars. This gives them some "head room" to leach out some more moisture, if needed. I put a hygrometer into each jar and watch the RH in each jar carefully. If at any time the RH goes above 68%RH, I open the jar until it drops to 55, then I close it up again. This is a fairly attention consuming process, and few will do it this way, opting for times, rather that RH levels, but being unemployed as I am right now, I have the time to do it this way. It ensures a more accurate cure, in my opinion. The closer to 62%RH the bud is kept when the cure is finished, the better the smell, look, and feel.

Back
Top Bottom