Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2

Re: Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2 - Blue Planet Nutri

What IS dry ice? Sorry for stupid Q :) Its something I hear a lot but dont actually know what it is:laughtwo:

Super-cooled Carbon Dioxide (CO2). Deposition, where CO2 changes from the gas to solid phase (dry ice), at atmospheric pressure, occurs at -78.5 °C (-109.3 °F). That's right -78.5 °C (-109.3 °F) BELOW ZERO!

The reason it is called "Dry ice" is because instead of melting to a liquid, it sublimates. Meaning? As it warms above -78.5 °C (-109.3 °F) it goes directly from a solid to a gas with no liquid phase.

Re: Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2 - Blue Planet Nutri

Super-cooled Carbon Dioxide (CO2). Deposition, where CO2 changes from the gas to solid phase (dry ice), at atmospheric pressure, occurs at -78.5 °C (-109.3 °F). That's right -78.5 °C (-109.3 °F) BELOW ZERO!

The reason it is called "Dry ice" is because instead of melting to a liquid, it sublimates. Meaning? As it warms above -78.5 °C (-109.3 °F) it goes directly from a solid to a gas with no liquid phase.

Great explanation Professor Jandre! :geek:

Great explanation Professor Jandre!
21.gif

Hehe, Thank you!

I've also heard it called "hot ice" because of the severe burns(frost bite) it causes to the skin.

To put this into perspective, ice we use in our drinks freezes/melts at 0 °C (32 °F). Imagine soething that is 79 °C (142 °F) colder than that.

Great explanation,
How do you handle and store this? Dont Her**in heads chew on the stuff as well?

I Will research this as I can see many questions coming from me here , :hmmmm:

Great explanation,
How do you handle and store this? Dont Her**in heads chew on the stuff as well?

I Will research this as I can see many questions coming from me here , :hmmmm:

Here in California, I can get it a several grocery store supermarkets. It's handled with tongs or gloves, and you jsut buy enough for what you need that day. Store it in the freezer, wrapped in plastic, then a paper bag.

DO NOT PUT IN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER!! It will explode.

If people chew on it they have no mouth left. This stuff does severe damage to anything fleshy it touches. Hell, my tongs squeal as they cool just from lifting it out of the bag, and into my work bucket.

If you're in the UK, here's a list of retailers.Dry ice in the United Kingdom

Wow thanks Jandre, very informative! Do you still put it into water with the clipping ? + reps mate!

Hey old buddy. I was just thinking what a big influence you have been since joining 420. I've enjoyed every minute of your time here!:cheer::thumb::bravo:

Wow thanks Jandre, very informative! Do you still put it into water with the clipping ? + reps mate!

I use both 73 & 160 micron bags. Then I finish with a 220 just to have some kief to sprinkle on things. It's not very strong at that point, but it's enough to augment anything you're smokin'.

Just drop your trim, and other material in the bucket, add dry ice, and let it sit for a minute. Then pour the whole thing into the 73 micron bubble bag. SHAKE THE SHIT OUT OF IT and work slowly across your drop surface. You'll see the color start to change from a light yellow, and start to take on a greener hue. Dump your bag into the bucket and scrape up all your Grade "A" bubble hash.

Now pour your bucket into the 160 next. This will be your Grade "B" hash and will be greener than the earlier stuff.

The 220 is FAST, but is the lowest quality you'll ever find. Full of green matter, and not very good for hash at all. We call this kief. Sprinkle on top of a bowl, it burns up like the rest of your bud.

Hey old buddy. I was just thinking what a big influence you have been since joining 420. I've enjoyed every minute of your time here!:cheer::thumb::bravo:

Influence? Like, "Typing Under the Influence"? :rofl:

Well, I'm glad someone has. I tend to piss people off pretty regularly, and right now, there is a high danger of doing that.

Guess what...

I just learned that my cousin died as well. God damn... who is next, huh? I tend to lose people in threes, so who the fuck else in my family is gonna feed the trees?

Influence? Like, "Typing Under the Influence"? :rofl:

Well, I'm glad someone has. I tend to piss people off pretty regularly, and right now, there is a high danger of doing that.

Guess what...

I just learned that my cousin died as well. God damn... who is next, huh? I tend to lose people in threes, so who the fuck else in my family is gonna feed the trees?

Sure glad we are NOT related.

agreed with OMM!:thumb:
and dam man so sorry about another loss in your click. sure hope the trend isnt constant

totals from first staggered harvest of jandre Kush:

2.25oz smoke

3.5oz Hash material (trim and sub-par buds) yielded
5g Grade "A" hash (73 micron bag) dark yellow in color
9g Grade "B" hash (160 micron bag) yellowish-green color

Test smoke of Grade "A" revealed a bubbly burn then white ash, and VERY POTENT! Still has the strong diesel smell, but tastes of pine when smoked. Hits like a freight train, being pushed by jet engines. Full effect in under a minute and lasts for over two hours, almost three. I forgot to keep an eye on the clock, but realized as it was wearing off that it had been about three-ish hours since I'd moved at all. Not a very creative smoke, but intensely euphoric and relaxing at the same time. I was one with the upholstery. If I had been trying to sleep, I definitely would have been gone.

I may change my mind on stabilizing this cross after all. With the uplifting, yet completely sedative effects, it warrants a second look past the hermie problem. Maybe... just maybe I can breed that down a bit?

Hell, if anything, it would make a perfect hash crop.

Forgot to add pics. so..... yeah..... sue me.

The smoke... I love that big canister jar. I had to replace the seal, but it serves me well.

And now the more airy stuff made into hash

wheres the hash pic?:thumb:

Okay, the actual hash... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sorry.

Have too many things fluttering around the rock I call a brain right now.

73 Micron

Guess I smoked a little bit, because there's only 3g left

160 Micron

For all you out there that say to use the 220 micron bag.....

Please note in the 2 "puck" pictures above. See how the 73 micron is a nice even yellow and the 160 micron hash has green flecks in it? Click each one. This is why I always tell people DO NOT USE 220 MICRON BAG for your hash. You're not making hash that way. If it could be considered hash, it would be the lowest grade hash in the world.

Hash is supposed to be PURE GRANULAR TRICHOMES.

If the 160 micron has that much plant matter in it, just think of how much is in the stuff made with the 220!!

A head of a trichome measures between 15 and 50 microns. The stalk itself can reach 150-500 microns. Now here's the thing. The stalks BREAK OFF when they are shaken with dry ice, and nearly completely crush almost instantly. These stalks break up into several pieces, each one smaller than the trichome head. 73 microns is still too big for all this, but allows for faster sifting of pulverized plant matter, and lets a little faster flow of trichomes to leave the bag, while retaining most (99.8%) of the green in the bag.
This results in 99.92% Pure Granular Trichomes and is called "A" Grade hash...

At 160, we start to see that pulverized plant matter (leaves and calyx) contaminate the granular trichomes, and get a mottled yellow and green, or "B" Grade hash. This is because the size of the holes in the mesh is even larger than the trichomes we really want, and is so big that plant matter that we really don't want starts to fall though. This nears a 50% ratio of trichomes to plant matter.

At 220 Microns we start to see pulverized STEM MATTER in the so-called hash. When looked at closely, it seems fibrous, and has tiny flakes of BROWN in it. If your has has fibers in it, it is not hash at all, and is considered kief. I would not ever try to pass off something so low grade as kief to someone as hash. Don't get me wrong, kief makes a good bowl topper and will augment any effect needed for treatment. But, when talking about concentrates, hash ranks near the top for purity and unaltered potency. When something strong and fast acting is needed, many patients reach for a concentrate. Hash is my concentrate of choice. If I ever went to a collective and they showed me that green puck from above and tried to charge me $25/g, I'd speak to the proprietor about that bud tender. The yellow one from above is much better, and well worth the $20-$25 per gram.

Now, think about this when deciding which micron bag to use in your hash making. I would suggest getting an assortment of bags from 35microns to 160microns, and NEVER-NEVER-EVER use the 220 bag for anything but paint straining. Unless you're wanting a bowl duster... Then, by all means do so. It makes a really handy way to beef up a bowl in a pinch.

sweet love them hash picks
i do mine the old fashioned way
132 or was it 137 mesh not microns bought a silk screen which isnt even silk anymore but they dont measure by microns they measure by mesh thread count so the higher the number the smaller the mesh, still some green coming through but not as green as that second run your showing lol.
looks mostly golden until you press it together then the green shows a bit more
dont have any pics atm maybe the next time i screen some
had to be low cost about it so
used my trim
bought a cooking strainer thing the screen one for like under 3 bucks
bought a silk screen with frame mesh size as mentioned above for 22 dollars
all bought locally
followed one of those youtube vids with the old guy lol
pressed it in a plastic film canister with a flashlight for the pressing part, the flashlight fit near perfect little snug but it works
used glad wrap so it wasnt stuck in the container, press it once pull it out take a look stick it back in press it a bit harder use a blowdryer heat the thing up a bit, let it cool a bit pull it out let it set for a bit and its all ready to smoke. and it keeps it looks it doesnt look like some of those they press and really heat up to a point where it browns and whats the word i know you guys know what i mean
it should come out looking more like jandres stuff, which is what to me should look like
maybe one day ill do some pics and stuff it in someone journal lol
basically i was looking for low cost and not having to wait for shipping etc...
no ice needed just some dry trim a strainer and a silk screen:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom