Hey Hey Here I Am Ready To Flower!

Van summoned and I appear! Sorry, been out of town. I'm a Fox Farms guy so when I flip (or see pistils for an auto) I start with a blend of Grow Big (my veg nutes) and Tiger Bloom (flower nutes), but I go full strength with Open Sesame supplement because it's supposed to help with early bud development. None of this is organic and it's one of many ways to nute your plants as mentioned by the great growers you've already heard from!

I've contemplated organic vs mineral nutes and decided to be organic for the most part but there are things I've came across that apparently produce fatter colas like for instance adding molasses

Its not as simple as adding a few certain things if you are growing organically. To get good at it, you really have to learn and understand what's taking place below the soil. I don't feed the plants. I feed the soil. All my work and feeding happens when I mix my soil up. When you are growing organically, there is a relationship between the micro-organisms and the roots of your plants. They roots actually communicate what it needs and assuming you put the stuff into your soil, and assuming your micro herd is ramped up, they will give the plant exactly what it needs and in the amount it can deal with (much harder to 'overfeed' a plant with organic soil.....but it possible but thats a whole different conversation).

What you are doing with the molasses is feeding the herd. The plant doesn't do anything with molasses, its all the micro organisms. You are giving them minerals and sugars and kind of super charging them which in turn helps the plants because of the symbiotic relationship.

Add in some Earth Worm castings into the top of your soil, will help your microbes as well. Also adding Kelp meal will help you as well. You can find stuff to feed to the herd that is organic and will do everything the stuff in bottles can......but it can be a lot slower to fix issues.

I won't go too deep into here cause its a really deep rabbit hole with lots of side tunnels and I don't have a clue how organic you want to be.

You might want to consider checking out one of our sponsors here Doc Bud and his "Kit" which is virtually organic and very easy to use and grows some of the best tasting and smoothest weed you find. I don't use it, I make my own soil, but if I didn't make my own I would certainly consider using it. Its a little pricey upfront and you have to source some of the base items for the soil (Earth Worm Castings, Pro-Mix, and something else...I forget).

There are a few other options if you are at all interested in pursuing the organic route. You can hit me up, or check in with @bobrown14, he is a top notch organic grower that does his soil as well (think its an offshoot of Coot's mix if I remember correctly) and we can provide you with any input we can.

I don't ever put down any version of growing....I love watching them all, and all have their pluses and minuses, but I can tell you this.......once you have had some really good weed grown in some top notch organic soil, you will be hooked. My brother grows hydro with bottle nutes and I don't like smoking his stuff. He has some pretty potent stuff and some amazing yields, but I can tell the difference.

I've experienced similar tastes especially when smoking a Jay. This outdoor super skunk had an awesome smell and was sticky to the touch but once rolled into Jay and I lit it tasted harsh and nowhere near the fruity smell it had originally still got high but rather unpleasant taste like you had to take a sip,of coffee after every puff

Uh oh, did someone say flush? :)
A critical look at preharvest flushing

Some of the best growers here do not flush, including Penny. The flowers don't take up the nutrients from the soil. The flowers use the sugars produced by the rest of the plant, and the rest of the plant is where the nutrients go. Curing is what creates the taste you're looking for, not flushing.
Well why stop the nutes 2 weeks before harvesting? That's what I'm referring to as flush the 2 weeks of giving the plant plain water. I wasn't aware of the flavour coming from the curing process I've always thought it was associated with the plants genetic make up.

Well why stop the nutes 2 weeks before harvesting? That's what I'm referring to as flush the 2 weeks of giving the plant plain water. I wasn't aware of the flavour coming from the during process I've always thought it was associated with the plants genetic make up.
That is what I was referring to with flushing as well. No reason to starve a plant at the exact same time you are asking it to ripen and bulk up for harvest. Those two things are completely contradictory.

The drying and curing process is the key to maximizing the genetics of the plant in terms of flavor, as well as mellowing out any harshness in the smoke. It's an art form and is as important to the finished product as the rest of the grow. It's a major part of the process to learn as well.

That is what I was referring to with flushing as well. No reason to starve a plant at the exact same time you are asking it to ripen and bulk up for harvest. Those two things are completely contradictory.

The drying and curing process is the key to maximizing the genetics of the plant in terms of flavor, as well as mellowing out any harshness in the smoke. It's an art form and is as important to the finished product as the rest of the grow. It's a major part of the process to learn as well.
Yeah thanks I will,be looking into the curing stage as well. Let's say I was to feed my flowering nutes right up until a few days before harvest wouldn't the nutes still be in the plants foliage/flower system and not down in the plants root system?

Yeah thanks I will,be looking into the curing stage as well. Let's say I was to feed my flowering nutes right up until a few days before harvest wouldn't the nutes still be in the plants foliage/flower system and not down in the plants root system?
0805182043.jpg

Me and @MrSauga were just talking about flushing as well. Let me call him over here to read this thread. Also, he was mentioning an organic product he was interested in. Maybe he can chime in here as well.

........oh yeah! Welcome to 420mag!:passitleft:

Hey first. If you can’t lower the net some more could you raise the plants some. If you want the full benefits from the scrog you need those branches folded over and spreading out towards empty spots. If you just let it grow as is and just guide each branch into an empty hole then it is just a support at that point. Which is fine and may be what you were trying to do. But it won’t be a true scrog if that’s what you are wanting.

Let me call him over here to read this thread. Also, he was mentioning an organic product he was interested in. Maybe he can chime in here as well.
So what @Mr. Magoo was referring to was a post I picked up on one of @SweetSue threads. Sue was only able to try the product during the flowering stage but had nothing bad to say about it. I went and checked it out, mainly because it was organic, and they had a free sample, win win, but what I understood was this product provided the same nutrients in different forms and uses this thing they call L-Amino Acid chelate technology. Covers the macro nutes at 10-16-14 and lots of secondary nutes; Ca 6.5%, Mg 2%, S(Sulfur) 1.1%. It covers a huge list of micronutrients as well but maybe all non organic nutes do, I dunno. So, apparently this chelation in soil increases nutrient availability to plants. Now I don't understand a lot of the technology, but when I read the thread by @InTheShed A Critical Look at Preharvest Flushing the product seem to be agreeing with what he said and I figured why not, it's cheaper and can eliminate 5-6 different nutes you already have on the shelf. Oh the product is called Mega Crop.

Back
Top Bottom