Hey Hey Here I Am Ready To Flower!

Hey first. If you can’t lower the net some more could you raise the plants some. If you want the full benefits from the scrog you need those branches folded over and spreading out towards empty spots. If you just let it grow as is and just guide each branch into an empty hole then it is just a support at that point. Which is fine and may be what you were trying to do. But it won’t be a true scrog if that’s what you are wanting.
Yeah your right about the support point, that was partially why I've decided to go down this scrog path and scrog meaning screen of green the whole objective is to develops an even canopy so all colas are at the same distance from light. I've been thinking about removing the net altogether because one of my plants is smaller than the rest and not quite at the net. I will wait until 3rd week and then stretch should be over allowing me to make a final choice to keep the net or disregard it.

Even if the net stays for support that could be a good thing once those monstaaaa buds are rockin around up there!:passitleft:
And shorty can always be set up on something to bring cot up to the canopy. I know some people have used those little foam blocks you can get in the craft department. @Asesino85 has a great scrog going right now in his current journal.

Even if the net stays for support that could be a good thing once those monstaaaa buds are rockin around up there!:passitleft:
And shorty can always be set up on something to bring cot up to the canopy. I know some people have used those little foam blocks you can get in the craft department. @Asesino85 has a great scrog going right now in his current journal.
Possibly but it may get in the way a little down the track I don't think you understand fully because as it is my net is full and I have bud sites growing beyond the net so filli,g the net isn't the issue and the whole bending branches over at the top of net is only one method the a grower will choose to do if plant is leggy to create a canopy but the way I've topped these girls I've already developed the canopy without really having the need to bend the branches laterally much except if some were stretch higher than others that will be the case. Thanks for your input though magoo

Just wanted to clarify for the archives that the flushing post is not mine, just one I was directed to last year during my first grow.
Almost one week since flip...
0807182032.jpg
0807182032a.jpg

Just wanted to clarify for the archives that the flushing post is not mine, just one I was directed to last year during my first grow.
Thanks for the clarification. I must have got crossed up somewhere in the hundreds of threads I read, lol. I need an assistant.

Let the stretch begin!

Also, have fun defoliating under that net in a few weeks :).
Quite a lot of defol still to do I know I've already taken off quite a lot when I took some clones a couple weeks back! I think I'm going to thin out the canopy too after stretch.

Remember.....your grow space is not just flat. You have the vertical space to work with. I run a perpetual with all different strains at different heights and I prop up shorter plants on 5 gallon buckets, milk crates, empty pots, whatever that will put the canopy where I want it. Raising plants is a great tool in your tool box , so don't be afraid to use it!!

Quite a lot of defol still to do I know I've already taken off quite a lot when I took some clones a couple weeks back! I think I'm going to thin out the canopy too after stretch.
Also.....on defoliation....or pruning if u prefer. Generally it's wise to do a pretty thorough trim a day or two before u flip, and then start plucking more off around the 3 week mark of flower.

I go with it there and expect some comment from Duggan when I do it lol. Like they say....you can make some people happy all the time, or make all of the people happy some of the time, but you ain't ever gonna make all of em happy all the time. It's all good to me brother!

Remember.....your grow space is not just flat. You have the vertical space to work with. I run a perpetual with all different strains at different heights and I prop up shorter plants on 5 gallon buckets, milk crates, empty pots, whatever that will put the canopy where I want it. Raising plants is a great tool in your tool box , so don't be afraid to use it!!
I think my shorter girl will stretch up through the net in the next few days, canopy doesn't necessarily have to,be perfectly level? Or does it...

Back
Top Bottom