Hey There Everybody, Just Joined Today: Charlie Brown's Xmas Trees

Well, then I guess you have never seen any like this. Try Google. :yummy:

Like This.jpg
Those are nice, but, they still don't compare to my 14 ounce plant :thumb:

Those are nice, but, they still don't compare to my 14 ounce plant :thumb:

@MochaBud They are indeed very nice plants. This is my 2nd attempt, ever. The first one ended in disaster because of bad seeds, and inept 'gardener' problems. I do NOT have a green thumb. Lack of knowledge really. But, then I got some seeds on a trip out west from a reputable dispensary(Early Girl, feminized) and then I went to the best grower's supply house where I live and told him what I was trying to do. He set me up with everything I needed to get going. I made a bad choice of Flourescent lights for the first 2 1/2 weeks on these plants before I switched over to a commercial grade LED. So these 2 plants are my 2nd attempt, and still I admit I made mistakes along the way, but I DID join this group after checking out a few others and since then my plants are responding like crazy, and I should get a decent harvest once they are ready. However, next time? I will challenge you. I love it when I am challenged. Be cool brother. (We could call it "The Challenge Of The Lights") A new Journal for the future Fun growers of America. :peace:

My trip into the ins and outs of growing my own. Seems like a great page. Glad I found you folks.

I first started out with 5 seeds that I combed from a nice bag of Viper. I know, bad idea. In fact, the best seed of the bunch was in the bottom of my bowl and when I took it out of there it was all brown and I though burned too much. But I figured "hell, if there's one seed then....?" I wanted to learn how to do it myself, so even if they all died I will gain knowledge for the next time.
So I started by germinating them, and at first I didn't think any of them would come up. But sure enough after 5 days they were all a couple inches tall. I couldn't believe it! I used poor soil, no fertilizer, no bug control (until it was almost too late to matter), and so on and so forth. In the end, 2 plants had survived my clumsy fingers and I am serious... they looked like Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree. Pretty worthless, yet I learned SO much putting in the time that I am glad I did it that way. I am on my second time around now, with Early Girl OG seeds. These baby's are 4 1/2 weeks old. (See picture, taken today) below. I am topping her off tonight.

MyPlant.jpg
Welcome, read read read. There's a lot here to learn. You have found your tribe! Looks like you might be ready to top and clone this baby!

@MochaBud They are indeed very nice plants. This is my 2nd attempt, ever. The first one ended in disaster because of bad seeds, and inept 'gardener' problems. I do NOT have a green thumb. Lack of knowledge really. But, then I got some seeds on a trip out west from a reputable dispensary(Early Girl, feminized) and then I went to the best grower's supply house where I live and told him what I was trying to do. He set me up with everything I needed to get going. I made a bad choice of Flourescent lights for the first 2 1/2 weeks on these plants before I switched over to a commercial grade LED. So these 2 plants are my 2nd attempt, and still I admit I made mistakes along the way, but I DID join this group after checking out a few others and since then my plants are responding like crazy, and I should get a decent harvest once they are ready. However, next time? I will challenge you. I love it when I am challenged. Be cool brother. (We could call it "The Challenge Of The Lights") A new Journal for the future Fun growers of America. :peace:
Wow man, were those yours :thumb: I thought they were from Google :rofl: ...they do look nice :popcorn: ...

I wasn't saying you can't grow nice plants or buds with an LED, I was pointing out the literal size of the buds :thedoubletake: that 1 bud I had my hand on was almost as long as my forearm, and almost as fat as my wrist, and was about 3.5 ounces by itself :morenutes::morenutes:

I've only been growing since I retired from the Army, that was almost 15 years ago, and I've been at it for 14 of those, with the last 8 or 9 being really productive :popcorn: so if your up for "A Challenge of the Lights" I'm in :high-five:

Wow man, were those yours :thumb: I thought they were from Google :rofl: ...they do look nice :popcorn: ...

I wasn't saying you can't grow nice plants or buds with an LED, I was pointing out the literal size of the buds :thedoubletake: that 1 bud I had my hand on was almost as long as my forearm, and almost as fat as my wrist, and was about 3.5 ounces by itself :morenutes::morenutes:

I've only been growing since I retired from the Army, that was almost 15 years ago, and I've been at it for 14 of those, with the last 8 or 9 being really productive :popcorn: so if your up for "A Challenge of the Lights" I'm in :high-five:

@MochaBud Sure Bud. I'm In. BUT... we'd have to start out with the same strain, on the same day, yada yada yada, so everything is Even-Steven, if ya know what I mean? NO, those werent' mine under the purple/red/blue lights. I wish they were, I'd be a happy camper.

Anyway if I can get a hold of the same strain as you, to start out? I am going to run 3 of my Early Girl Seeds next time. But Early Girl(OG) are plants for beginners, like me. They rarely get bigger than 4ft. tall, mine are about 1 1/2 right now and I just turned them over to 12x12 yesterday. So in a few weeks, let's try to do it. By that time I should be able to PM you, if I understood the rules correctly? Will be fun.

Welcome, read read read. There's a lot here to learn. You have found your tribe! Looks like you might be ready to top and clone this baby!

@DRey I did Top both of the girls two weeks ago. But yeah, I have found my tribe. My next batch will be much, much bigger.

let the best man win! :cheer:

let the best man win! :cheer:

Frankly, he will likely kick my ASS, but then if I don't do it I'll never know. It's like when I joined the Navy. I thought it was the cool thing to do, and I'd escape the draft as well. 2 birds, ya know? Then in boot camp when I saw that first commercial airliner leaving San Diego right over my head while we were all out boiling in the heat and feeling like shit when I said to myself, "Self, what have you done to yourself this time", ya know? But for edumacation's sake, I'll go for it. All in. Kwazy. :theband:

Frankly, he will likely kick my ASS, but then if I don't do it I'll never know. It's like when I joined the Navy. I thought it was the cool thing to do, and I'd escape the draft as well. 2 birds, ya know? Then in boot camp when I saw that first commercial airliner leaving San Diego right over my head while we were all out boiling in the heat and feeling like shit when I said to myself, "Self, what have you done to yourself this time", ya know? But for edumacation's sake, I'll go for it. All in. Kwazy. :theband:
I hear ya brother :passitleft: 4th generation Ranger myself :ciao: ...and I still jump out of perfectly good aircraft from time to time :rofl: but Ima fucking nut also, like an Almond Joy...sometimes you feel like a nut :goof:

And who knows, you might kick 'my' ass :rofl: ... :hmmmm: I kinda hope you do :high-five: It would teach me to keep my mouth shut :rofl: and it would give you a nice harvest :thumb::popcorn:

None of the seeds really even matter, Needs to be clones from the same mother to be even Steven.

I tend to agree. But the logistics would be a bit challenging, especially now. Something to think about.
Also what soil...what amendments...what nutrients...and, what the hell :rofl:

...I thought this was about lights and bud size...

Since transplanting and switch to 12x12 3 days ago She's filling out with beauty's like this.
They really are a cool looking plant when you take the time to look at them. I can dig it. I still
haven't had even 1 leaf go brown or yellow on these plants. Not even 1. :cool: (1st pic today,
2nd pic 3 days ago.

Today 11-22.jpg

Plants 3 Days Ago.jpg

Ya I was thinking you had to have 50 points to reply to a PM...I guess go ahead and ask away :thumb: if I'm not comfortable answering, I'll say so :popcorn:

OK, but I am uncomfortable asking you... Did you show me that list(seeds) as perhaps an offer? If so I'd like to talk about it. If not then disregard this message. I don't want to break any rules, if ya know what I mean.

OK, but I am uncomfortable asking you... Did you show me that list(seeds) as perhaps an offer? If so I'd like to talk about it. If not then disregard this message. I don't want to break any rules, if ya know what I mean.
Nah, that's definitely against the rules :sorry: If it wasn't, I'd be happy to help a grower out :thumb:

Gotcha. I kinda figured but me old Pappy used to say "Junior, if you never ask you'll never know".
Thanks. I just wanted to make sure.
Sounds like may dad..."The answers always 'no' if you don't ask" ....to be continued :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom