Hey There Everybody, Just Joined Today: Charlie Brown's Xmas Trees

My babies, today. So many buds forming it's incredible. One pic of each plant, one of both. Should be able to get 3-4 oz out of each plant. 4 more weeks of flowering time left(maybe 5). @PK @013 @Buds Buddy Not bad for 1 LED light, one bag of Froggy dirt, 1 fan and water every other day(and fertilizer (Bloom) every-other feeding. Still not a single yellow or brown leaf anywhere. 12x12 lighting schedule until harvest.

TopsToday11-7.jpg

TopsToday11-7a.jpg

TopsTodayBothPlants 11-7.jpg

All looks good. You should get close to the yield you said give or take a little. I would only make 1 suggestion for your next grow. Keep your light a little lower to keep the node spacing closer together for bigger buds.
But your plants look good & Healthy.

well done billfold. Finish line is not too far away

All looks good. You should get close to the yield you said give or take a little. I would only make 1 suggestion for your next grow. Keep your light a little lower to keep the node spacing closer together for bigger buds.
But your plants look good & Healthy.

Thanks Buds! The LED I have says to keep it between 18 and 24 inches above the tops. I have been keeping it at 20. But I have been thinking the same thing. Next time I'll start it out with the light at 16, see how that goes. There isn't really any heat to speak of, even when you put your hand in the light up above the plants. You have to get within a foot to actually feel it getting "warm" on your hand. But somewhere in these pages I also read that if you put your hand out flat just above the tops, and you can feel the heat from the light on your hand, you're too close? So anyway, I have time. I'm also going to clone, and train them next time around.

A couple of new pics of the plants as of an hour ago. These are the first pics in about 6 days but the plants
are spreading out and filling out so nicely I thought I'd update the Journal. Nothing new to report on the technical side. Watering each day now, 1 1/2 pints spring water per plant and then 2 days later 1 1/2 pints of water per plant with Bloom fertilizer(1 tbs per pot). They just keep filling out, no troubles of any kind. Early Girl-OG seeds, started them in dirt almost 9 weeks ago, now almost 3 weeks into Flowering stage (this Wednesday). The first 2 1/2 weeks I was using a totally inadequate T5 fluorescent light, then switched to my Commercial Grade full spectrum LED, and man O man, what a difference. They started jumping out and up! It has a variable output selector, which I have set to 50%. 2-3 more weeks. Yeah!

Tops12-14.jpg

Tops12-14a.jpg

OK, so a week ago I found some sort of powder on one small spot on one of my plants. It has the consistency of talc.
The slightest little touch and it just disappears. Late today I found another spot on the other plant. Same thing, just a few
little speckles of powder. Not sure what it could be. I have attached a picture. Thanks for any advice. (I do not use any sprays, no powders of any kind, I haven't even sprayed them with a water bottle. Nothing.)
@013

Powder.jpg

I think I found the answer, and it is bumming me out BIG time. "White Powdery Mold"? God damn. It's only on about 5-10 leaves and it isn't affecting the plants. I handled some last week and it simply dissappeared, like Talc. The leaves I wiped them off of have not gotten anymore and the leaves themselves are not damaged in any way. This goes against what I have read which is that once it attaches to the plant it starts to turn the underlying leaf brown, or pitted. Not the case here. And it isn't on the plant anywhere else but those two places. I don't know. A little HELP??? @Buds Buddy? Anybody?

Been reading up and it seems like either Potassium Bicarb or Sodium Bicarb(baking soda?) makes an effective spray to control this kind of mold so I am going to start spraying them every few days until harvest (in 2 weeks). That brass-ring is just ahead. I can't hop off this horse now, after all this time. I gotta try. Fortunately the infection is very localized so I can get rid of a couple small branches and then start spraying. Damn! :peace:

Been reading up and it seems like either Potassium Bicarb or Sodium Bicarb(baking soda?) makes an effective spray to control this kind of mold so I am going to start spraying them every few days until harvest (in 2 weeks). That brass-ring is just ahead. I can't hop off this horse now, after all this time. I gotta try. Fortunately the infection is very localized so I can get rid of a couple small branches and then start spraying. Damn! :peace:

Went to a friend who's been growing for saome time. He got me going with the Bicarb spray. I washed them down pretty good, going to follow up twice a day for a while and maybe get some Bacillus fungicide.

White powdery mildew... that suck but hey, you can rid of it.

Be carful it’s not thrips. It sort of looks similar to that. Look under side of leaves especially... if you don’t see any bug like thing under leaves it might just be powdery mildew.

No bugs but I'll check thoroughly again this afternoon. I am spraying and it helps but I may also get a bottle of that GrowSafe. Is it one of this sites sponsors? I don't want to get my ass in a jam for mentioning them. What I want to use is a Bacillus based treatment, and I need to get it fast. Bacillus like to eat the stuff.

@Backlipslide Checked, sprayed with baking soda, let dry and checked again 2 hours later.
No bugs. I checked closely too since they are so small, and especially under the leaves. I'll keep going
with the spray and hope for the best. Next grow I'll start out with a few new weapons under my belt.

@Backlipslide I went to a local grower supply and got a Bacillus Blend, sprayed it all over the plants from the bottom up and the top down, 1/4 teaspoon to 1 gallon of water. That was at 2 pm. I just checked the tent(7 pm). There is absolutely NO sign of it anywhere anymore. I mean like wow. When I was just spraying only with sodium-bicarbonate the white flecks of Powder Mold would disappear but only for a few hours, then they would start returning and there was always some on the leaves no matter how much I sprayed which showed up just as soon as the plants dried. With this stuff? It eliminated all traces of it. I will be keeping an eye on them very closely for the next few days. Only have about 10 days left until I can harvest a pretty nice crop. The best thing is I have found no traces of bugs or leaf damage anywhere. Hoping I got lucky this time. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom