HID Grow - Revenge of the Kittens

Re: Crimson's HID Grow- Revenge of the Kittens

The first picture was at 3 weeks into vegetation
007416.JPG

The second picture is 5 weeks into vegetation right before i switched over to flowering. The wonder womans are the row all the way to the right of the photo. You may be able to read the name on the bucket.
DAY_40_002.JPG

By the way i never used molasses before. Should i start and if so where is the best place to buy? Also how bad is the price?:thanks:

beautiful plants man, those things are so green! How was the smoke? I have about 3 weeks left on them, and yeah I know what you mean about the stretch. It wasn't too bad, but once they started blooming they have grown more than twice their size. I have 2 different phenos going though, the one is more tall and stacked, and the other isn't yielding as well. I think my ph issues got to her a little because it's clearing up now.

Molasses is great to use, I see an improvement in bud size every time. I don't start using it until week 4-5 but then I give it to them 1-2Tbsp/gal on plain waterings up until harvest. I got mine from the local grocery store for around $3 a jar, so it's fairly cheap. Look for unsulphored molasses. I use grandmas simply because it's the only option I had, but I see most people recommending that brand.

Is that week 4 or 5 into flowering or week 4 or 5 in general? And it sounds like a really cheap and effective way to increase my yield,Thanks for the info. I will start introducing it to the crop on this grow sir. As far as the wonder woman goes it was nice. I didnt get the pinkish color into the buds because of short flowering time. I think color generally starts to come into the buds and make them a bit more unique looking during weeks 9-11 on that strain is what i hear. The taste was nice and it layed quite a few brave people down that tried it in the 2 footer bong.:roorrip:

very nice, I'm looking for something stronger than what I've been growing. The trich production is insane on these things.

Week 4-5 into flowering. I've used it early on, in veg, but haven't seen any real benefit of using it then. Once the buds have done the majority of their growth and are just fattening up, it helps them swell more. It has a pretty rough smell, and can be difficult to work with just because its thick and sticky, but well worth it in the long run.

Haven't noticed any color change in the buds at all just yet. We're only in week 6 though. Haven't checked on the trichs, but some of the hairs are starting to turn brown, so I'll give it a week and check them out and see how its progressing.

Kinda pissed at the freezing temps lately though. My vegging clones seem a bit shocked as the temps get to around 60 and aren't growing as much. Need to figure out a solution for that, but hopefully it warms up and I get lucky. I have 7 clones of the wonder woman on their way, so next harvest will be delicious!

here are some more shots of the ladies..

Wonder Woman starting week 6 today. Looking really good, showing new vertical growth with new pistils forming. Ever since I fixed the PH, she has just exploded. Next round will be so much better as i have everything dialed in. I'm just hoping I don't lose any to the cold.

01-26-11_001.jpg

01-26-11_002.jpg

01-26-11_003.jpg

01-26-11_004.jpg

01-26-11_005.jpg

I really need to take some better quality pics. Just been so busy and haven't busted out the canon, but I'll get around to it. Have a couple weeks for them to get a bit fatter. The cola is just beautiful, I can't get enough of it. It's gonna be a shame to smoke her, but what can you do? haha.

The kushberries are getting purple now, which is usual for them around week 6. I want to let them go a bit longer and get really purple, but we'll see how long my current stash lasts haha. I don't want to cut the wonder woman early at all, so the KB is my go to for now.

Just beautiful looking bro. She is so fat too, are you sure that lady doesnt have twins or something?:) Always gets so tough when it gets closer to clip time. Try to convince yourself that the smaller "popcorn buds" should start getting plucked and smoked and then you spend weeks thinking that those popcorn buds coulda got so much bigger! lol. Tough decisions my friend. Be brave. And if all else fails...........Pass the doobie to the left hand side :passitleft:

yeah dude i know exactly what you're talking about haha. I topped my KB's and just chopped half of it down a couple days ago just for some get me by smoke, it's not the best, it definitely needs more time, and would get a lot fatter but sometimes you gotta make sacrifices if you wanna smoke so its all good. I'm just glad I'm tapping into the strain I've been smokin on for the past 6 months and not the new stuff.

The hardest part will come when I harvest the wonder woman and waiting a week till shes properly dried.. I know I'll probably quick dry a bud or 2 so I gotta stay strong and resist the urge haha. At least I'll have KB to puff on while I trim her up.

got my SLH seeds in, so gonna plant one of them soon.

Also placed an order for a grinder finally.. Got a 2.5" magnetic aluminum 4 piece magnetic with pollen catcher. Excited about this.

Not too much to update about the plants. They're getting fat, still going strong. The KB is getting really purple, and I'm sure shes ready for chop soon. She looks a bit hungry but I'm trying to not feed her since shes so close to chop.

Gotta check the trichs on the wonder woman, they still have some time to fatten up. The bud size and structure is great, all buds are a few inches long, so they just need to get a bit fatter. The trichs are covering them like crazy and it has this very intense skunky citrus scent. I wish I could somehow upload a scratch and sniff pic so you guys could smell how sweet she is lol. It's really starting to stink, much more than any other strain I've grown. Never had an issue with smell until now, so I have to do something about it because it's just going to get sweeter in the coming weeks. She won't be ready in 8 weeks, I'm thinking more like 10 weeks, so I'll let her keep blooming until she says shes done.

Temps are warming up slightly, so the veg room is starting to take off. Very happy about that. Going to transplant the bigger ones into 1 gals pretty soon and get them ready to go in bloom. Might bloom these ones a bit smaller since I have so many. We'll see how the 1 gal pots do.

Too funny about the grinder bro. My friend was hitting the two footer with me yesterday and breakin my stones about not having a grinder. He says "How could you possibly have all the stuff in the grow room and be breakin up the bud with your hands. :) Startin to feel a bit "old school". Thinkin about getting a grinder soon and another bong or play toy before the crop arrives. Gotta stop neglecting that part of the process and improve my quality of life. :roorrip:

yeah man totally feel ya on that. My bong is out of commission right now, i broke the female piece of the slide, so I've been smoking more joints and bowls than ever, I miss the old bong. I need to get a new one, looking for a 2 footer with an ice catcher, but the cars also dying so it makes it hard to spend a few hundred on a bong when I should be saving it for the car lol

at least I don't have to buy weed :bong:

the K20 came in it, its a DC5, so it's got the K20z1, great motor and a great car. It's not the one thats dying though thankfully, I love that thing, but need to get a new daily.

yeah i always heard even though the b20's have lower compression the walls still don't like much boost. The most insane car I have ever been in was an eg hatch, completely stripped and slammed on coilovers with a freshly build b18b running 15psi on a garrett t3/t04e. It only made around 350 to the wheels, but in a little hatch, that was insane. I can't even describe it, it's like skydiving on the ground lol.

The rsx is pretty much stock other than just minor things, breaks and tires. The suspension is starting to wear a bit, so once winter breaks I'm going to be rebuilding the suspension and lowering it a few inches and just beefing it up, replacing all the bushings and stuff.

Better not be transforming this to a car journal fudgeker! You need to feed my brains need to see your weed. :)

haha yeah i know bro, I have to get some final pics up.. The KB is pretty much harvested, I have to chop down the 2 other colas. It didn't yield too much, which is a shame, but the wonder woman is getting really fat and is pretty much done.

I have 2 different phenos of the WW, the one grows really fat colas and the other has a weak cola, but the side branches have massive buds on them, each side branch is like its own 5-6" long cola on top, so I can't complain about that. They're getting really frosty and most of the hairs are brown. I'm gonna check the trichs again tonight as tomorrow will be 8 weeks in bloom. I noticed the fat WW really plumping up, but the weak cola seem to have gotten burned by the last feeding. Not too worried though as she is at her end and the leaves are all starting to yellow.

Can't wait to smoke it, it smells so good.

Glad to hear it sir, That wonder woman is known for producing large amounts. Gotta be patient though. happy your close to the end though. Are the cola's turning a nice pinkish color? Good luck with the spot check later! :yummy:

actually she hasn't started turning pink at all.. The pheno that isn't budding as aggressively is turning a purple color on the cola, but I think that's because of the colder temps.

Back
Top Bottom