Rebirth: Revenge of the Bag Seed (4th Grow)

grandsam

Hey whats up everyone Sam here this is my first thread with 420 so I hope everyone is up for it. Before I get into my current grow here is the info and pics from my last one:

second try after failed 250hps/1t5/1t8 bagseed grow
09-17-2009 06:54 AM
How's everyone this is my second time on here had to switch names cuz I was getting paranoid lol,but yes I'm back and this is my second 250hps/1t5/1t8 bagseed grow. My fist one was full of mistakes from thinking that disturbing my sleep time whether 18/6 or 12/12, I used crushed centrum tablets and foxfarm beastie bloom, I pushed it to 12 weeks flowering, The end result was something I thought was bud but was harsh to smoke and didn't feel like the product anybody could buy. it was wierd but I had 3oz off one mother the only one I had by the way and it just wasn't right. I pollinated it but still it just wasn't bud so seed production wasn't the reason. I then read in CC that when you disturb the light period it the bud becomes deformed or just not what it's suppoed to be. I've refocused and started up this past summer after at least 20 bagseeds lasting a week then dying I've gotten 5 new ones going somewhat well. Before I jump into them let me hit wyou guys with some specifics

I'm growing in a 2and 1/2 foot wide and 5 ft tall closet a vornado fan that blows at a postion to breeze the plants and the light so my temp and air circulations is good, a 250mh right now( I have the hps too but going with the mh) a t8 fixture that is on the 6500 kelvin and up range for side lighting (I also have a t5 for side lighting at the mh range but thats off for now) I keep my closet door open for more air, and the plants are 12-15 inches away from the 250 mh.mylar is my reflective material

I'm a soil grower I've created a mix based on subcools super mix featured in high times

ABOUT a cup and a 1/2 of azomite
2 cups of epsom salt
5 pounds of blood meal
2 pounds of worm poop
20 pounds of soil from a special grower that has 1/3 portion of worm poop already

it is a looser version of his but I'm proud of it I will have pics up within the next week or two

I have a problem that I think cleaning my closet with bleach will help but input is thankfull as well about a week or two into my grow some of the plants start to get creamtips then it spreads.

I have also forgone veg and do only 12/12 please all comments are welcome I would like tons of them just so I can harvest something that feels and smokes like at least regular bud thanks everyone in advance

09-23-2009 06:33 AM

Hey whats up guys back in biz. Couple of updates argentina now decriminalizes personal use, plasma lights are the next thing, and I have 9 pushing now. Sticking with this 12/12 is wierd the plants being so short and all but its only been about a good month. I just had to kill a male and identified 1 female. no nutrients I'm trying subcools supersoil water only method. If anybody has used this method how were your results compared to nutrient used grows? my containers are small cups, no need for pots yet this method makes watering easier for me and elimantes overwatering. Pics will be up soon within a week or two need to buy a camera don't want to take the pics with my phone. This is all bagseed for now thinking about some c13 haze whenever i jump into the seedbank realm. Thanks for all the views a couple of replies would be nice too especially about my soil mix I'd apprecaite an experienced grower letting me know any pitfalls my mix could create. see you guys later

10-01-2009 05:44 AM
Hey sup guys how it hanging. Back had to pay some bills so i couldn't buy my cam to take the pics yet but soon. since the last time i've been on there's been activity on the wierd level well lets start with the a wrap up.I had 9 plants pushing out of that number 3 were 1month old and the other 6 were seedlings going on a two weeks. I have 7 left now I had to part with a male that had me optimistic that a female was brewing, the other loss came after coming home and realizing my girl hadn't checked on them while I was away at school. Imagine these 6 were strong, I mean some of the best results i've seen from seedlings all year (in part because I got back in touch with a grower with amazing base soil). Not a single disease, strecthing, or pale green leaves that would indicate weak plants or potential upcoming problems in my garden. Open my closet door which I keep open except for times I'm not home for a long period of time (6 hours or more) and to see one of my shining stars laying flat no stem strength anything. All it needed was someone(my better half)to check on them being that I do every morning and this morning unfortunately I wasn't and obvious signs of dry air and dry soil due to the closed door would warrant a light wartering. Nothing I can do now so I'm soaking 6-12 new seeds hoping to get a new batch sthat can rival the early success of my last one. For those that are new I only do 12/12 but this short plant height isn't impressing me on my more mature 1month olds. Out of the two remaining 1 is a female and the other is still not showing sex (hopefully its my bagseed haze). Here comes the wierd the female started flowering last thursday and now it seems that it has male pollen sacs as well. I've never dealt with a hermaphrodite if any one has how is the bud and is it true that the seeds made will all be female if so its a girt from god lol, but if not I don't want to take a chance and pollenate all my other plants and get non-sinsemilla bud and bullshit seeds. If anyone has any insight I'd appreciate it. Till next time keep trying to get by and get high its ruff out there.

10-08-2009 05:03 AM
hey was up guys back and better than ever !! 4 girls officially 2 unknown 1 male was destroyed. I've done something that might turn some people off even anit-sam me but I had to ...........I've gone back to 18/6. I had to the prospects were a little frightning of putting all this effort into 12/12 and having a smaller bud output than if I vegged for a while. For newbies to my thread let me hit you with some info.

Had nine now six plants
two were male 1 died of non watering
4 of them are officially female two of them are 2 weeks older than the other of the two older one is a hermaphrodite
The other two didn't sex before I made the decision to go 18/6
Of my 6 seeds I soaked in the previous post 4 have germinated and are about a week old

My reasoning was that 4 females were great and if the other two are male at least i've got 4 girls. My plants have been on 18/6 since last sunday. To be honest 12/12 from seed is good if you have alot of bud allready and are interested in certain outcomes, breeding, things like that . But for me it works as a great way to find females. I've eliminated about a month of unnecesary growing and determinded already my females if I hadn't who knows if I would have vegged for a month and flowered to find 4 males.

Basically I think good steps for a new grower with no reserve stash to
a. grow from 12/12 at least 12 plants( best to germinate 16 or so seeds then) for a month
b. Starting at the middle of the third week and no later than the end of the fifth week( about a month) they will show sex
c. Discard males (only keep them if your breeding and in that case disgard this and the next step)
d. reveg for another month to apply fim or topping techniques,
e. Take clones to prepare for next harvest
f. Flower till harvest revert to 12/12

I am currently at the begining of step d I have a couple of variables though
a. I have two out of my six that havn't shown sex and 4 seedlings so I won't be able to take clones from possibly 6 females but 4 females will satisfy my clones step but not bad situation to be in. If my calculations are right I will enter the new year on a high note or drying lol.
b. by november I want to install a led ufo light which is rated at 400 hps to combine with my 250hps/mh system
I would like to do this to remove my side lights. Long way to go you guys enjoy my journey peace till next time keep getting bye and get high its ruff out there

10-15-2009 05:09 AM
Sup guys long time no chitchat. Still doing my thang quick lil updates

out of the six 1 turned out to be male and the other are definitely female well 4 female one herm
4 seedlings doing well about their second week
great growth really pleased still on 18/6 about two more weeks before 12/12 again
still organic thinking about ordering some seeds not yet though but if anyone has from the east coast which seedbank would you recomend? I have a payment method I investigated to be sound the visa g2g card. Still hoping for feedback from some growers using subcool's water only method.Till next time keep gettin bye and getting high its ruff out there.

10-22-2009 06:09 AM
sup guy's just tokin and typin lol and it just hit me that I havn't hit you guys with an update in a while. I see more people are reading the thread and I'm sorry for any response time delay induced anger I've caused to anyone lol. Let me quit it, I've been doing my rounds in life and got a lil backed up so when I sign in I usually pay attention to other threads truthfully. I find myself more often reading the problems journal not commenting but reading... trying to learn what I can from people's missteps. Something I've come across is that people seem to missfire on nutrients alot. Everything is there from the purple stems to twisting leaves, deformed this that...the list was endless and sad. I guess it hit me because I just had a dissapointing grow(more on that in the earlier posts in this thread) and I remeber smoking my stuff at times a bit forcefully because it wasn't the quality I had envisioned when I first watched Jorge Cervantes grow dvd 1. It was a downer almost just said screw this man...you know I'll just be my connects slave till I quit I guess but it went from that to emotions of pushing me in a sense to become the best grower I could be and to do that I had to eliminate some things and that was what lead me to becoming 100% organic. Best 1st half of a grow I've had now I'm not some whack job I know their are master growers who will die by their nutes but I'm not one of them I'm just me and the nutes didn't work out for me and it seems alot of other people too.

I swear I type too much lol here is the update

I've been very obsessive in my growing behavior truthfully latley. I find myself jotting down info on my calendar, examining my girls more and I've come across the best news in the world (well for me only a matter of time got too many seeds to grow lol) a sativa has appeared in my garden. Now I know people are like how didn't you know well I've only been exposed to indicas so I thought that the blades were just skinny because it needed more time to grow but after doing research its a sativa.

TO recap thats 4 definite girls(3 indica 1 sativa),1 hermaphrodite I'm too attached to to kill and 4 seedlings. since I plan to go back to 12/12 in about a week now and a 1/2 this past sunday what began as an experiment on my herm became a bonsai tree like pruning session in "garden de Sam". I fimmed all of my herm and from that two of my indica's are fimmed on the higher part of the plants and my other indica grew strangely you'll understand when I finally post pics fimmed from the begining NATURALLY. With that one it began with two shoots of new growth so out of those two plants which emegred I fimmed one top out of them. With the sativa I fimmed the top and the shoots nearest to the top. About 4 days since then and all are doing relatively well though on one indica one shoot has reshooted only one shoot not the 2-4 new growths envisioned. So now its just a waiting game till next saturday when the lights goto 12/12 and if they aren't developed to the point post fimm that date will be pusehd back (I really want a good harvest). and yeah i probably won't have room for all those girls so with the seedlings I just fimmed the tops on those for the hell of it lol.
Well I think thats it for me blowing my high a lil, till next time keep getting high and getting bye its ruff out there.

10-28-2009 05:06 AM
Who wants girls? OH I DO I DO!!!!!LOL

I'm loving this........like its crazy I have so many shoots for new growth its ridiculous. Let me not blow my horn too loudly but I feel good. Hope everyone's been doin well here's the skinny on my shorties

My herm has finished its fim process while the other 4 should be finished developing theirs by friday(fingers crossed) I fimmed the tops of two of them this weekend just because of the good reaction I've gotten from other fimms'. The plan is for everything to be on schedule for friday so that my goal of weed by newyear's is attainable. The major issue is whether I should go with the shoots/new growth I have by friday or just wait it out till I'm 100% satisfied with the fim outcome and if that were my decision I wouldn't have anything to ring in the new year with. Now all of this is determined by my viewing one week for drying and another for curing being sufficient time for good smoke(we'll see about those curcial two weeks). The problem i'm about to encounter is space I have too many girls. My dilema is yes I have a herm but say when I goto 12/12 and I have about two more the most I would just go for a seeded harvest but If I goto 12/12 and its just that one then I'm ok with the big ones my two week old plants still will take up too much space so killing at most 5-3 plants maybe in my future. Stress is a bitch that a blunt sometimes can't push away. I've put a deadline on the pics so the post that introduces flowering will introduce my girls as well. Till that day peace

11-09-2009 06:25 AM
How's everyone been doing. Its been a trying past two weeks. I wasted finances on two cameras that didn't work with my computer(thankfully thwey were cheap)and put to rest Herm this morning. The balls came back and I want to know what its like to harvest a sinsemilla crop. I had hoped to keep herm for my girl to cook with but this morning all those balls had to go for the sake of my shorties. Last week I had written a far more detailed and emotional post because of the stress I was under due to a host of other things. But finally here is what I've aimed to do for a while now.POST THE PICS!!!!!!!RIU THANKS FOR WAITING

11-11-2009 06:05 AM
Hope everyone's doing good just dropping a line my herm has been laid to rest but I kept a clone of it to pollenate my next harvest which I plan on being a seeded crop of all my shorties. The genetics I would like to keep are the ones of my Main girl hybrid. Excellent veg results but I will pollenate all because I have yet to see how the smoke will be for each individual plant. The best smoke I grow will be the leading candidate for strain to breed. By this time next year I should have my own strain developed. Just a side venture for my growing interest in genetics. Hopefully no pollen sacs opened prior to me killing herm and its sinsemilla. My Hybrid seems like it will flower for a longer period of time than my others which seem short enough to be one of the ruderallis strains. Either way things are looking good.

11-19-2009 06:53 AM
Hey sup guys hows it been, love the responses and views seems all this hard worked isn't going unnoticed after all. Truthfully its about the community and advancement of our culture, but honestly I got into this to get out of a path headed nowhere. Possible jailtime for buying something I was too old to feel hoodlum like about. You guys know what I mean, the point in your life where weed becomes marijuana(see where I'm going with it)and being arrested for buying it was too childish and immature yet a possiblity we have faced before. So for me this is just another step in my ever changing humantiy where I know have found peace, understanding, and a connection to the element I have been inhaling since I can remember. This is my update on week 2-3 flowering of that journey.

I have transplanted my girls that are flowering to 3 gallon containers since my last pic's post. I have my YFACTOR still veggin with my clones. MY clones and YFACTOR remain in the growbox for the duration of the 12/12 period then when the lights are off I move them to a seperate vegging area for sometimes 24/0 OR 18/6 dependant if I'm up or not to cut them off for the 18/6. YFACTOR has not been transplanted and remains in a 1 gallon container. My clones aren't doing good and I fear I'm at risk of losing the genetics of my prized Hybrid which I have begun to refer as LAMBORGINI GREEN(L.G. for short) green because it grows at such a fast pace and the genetics are sativa dominant so I assume it will not have a heavy body drag inducing effect unless I harvest it while my resin heads are 30% amber. The clones truly worry me because I flowered the L.G. in anticipation of having her clones to begin a breeding program with, well hopefully all works out. The clones are in a cut out 9 seedling holder( cut from the tan seed tray with the clear lid setup), when they whre cloned I used a powder based cloning agent. L.G. seems to be an issue with her height and size she is massive and my Fimming has made space an issue because I have so many colas fighting for space. This has led to 2 raising of my lamps heights to accomodate her gerth and height this week alone. I have also tied 4 of her branches in an attempt to avoid the tops from becoming burnt and to allow more space under her canopy. L.G. 's flowering period seems it will also be longer than the others which are definite indica dominant plants. They are visibly much more ahead of her as far has flowering rate/progress. If I don't stop I'll be typing for days here are the pics of week 2-3. Enjoy

12-14-2009 09:16 AM
How's everyone been doin. Long time no chit chat guy, hope everyone is high and growing the good stuff to keep you there.
Since my last real post was about 3 weeks ago figure I hit you guys with a complete update.

I no longer use my box(hardwork pic) to house the shorties because the height of my Lamborgini Green(L.G., sativa/hybrid) was becoming a problem. I had to make a change because one my main cola tops got burned by my 250hps while I was gone. Came back to slighlty orange top and said that was enough. The area that I indicated to for my vegging clones(a closet) got emptied and has been my new flowering room for the past 3-4 weeks. I moved my clones(which are doing well) to my previous box and flipped it sideways to get the most out of my flouros(all pics of my box are in the thread) since I removed my 250hps to place it in the closet.I also started flowering my Yfactor when I switched locals of grow stages so I now have 4 shorties pushin. Today makes 6 weeks complete.Here are some pics from weeks 3-5 and some 5-6 can't tell definitely. Till next time keep getting high and getting bye its ruff out there

12-16-2009 09:17 AM
Sup people I've got 4 girls pushin one def sativa and 3 indicas if anyone could figure out the strains from the pics. I'd appreciate it, I've just created a few based on growth and characteristics, but if these are buds from an established strain and I'm just not in the loop help me lol. Keep getting high and getting bye its ruff out there.
Here's the one I really would love to be identified

01-05-2010 07:16 AM
All gone Harvested early for security reasons L.g. all Fluff Indicas some bud. Real let down. I had written a long detailed explanation but this computer bullshited on loading the page so it was all lost. Got three clones that I'm flowering on Fri.

01-05-2010 07:19 AM
Thanks everyone who threads I interuppted to gain knowledge and thanks subcool for making this online experince even cooler by replying to me. If these responses are lacking the usual sam its because I feel defeated even my comp at home is fucked up. Peace guys keep getting high and getting bye its ruff out there.

Re: Rebirth: Revenge of the bagseed(4th grow)

Pics of flowering weeks 2-6 will be up shortly of previous grow

week1-2_myshorties3.jpg

week1-2_myshorties.jpg

my girls week 1-2

hey guys hows it been sorry for the hiatus had to take care of biz, here are the rest of my previous grow pics week 1-2
week1-2_main_girl_hybrid_1.jpg

week1-2_main_girl_hybrid_.jpg

pics from week3-5(indicas)
indicas12.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/Indica_upclose.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/Indicas.jpg
Indicas11.jpg

After those though if you read my grow journal text you know that those are the last of my pics and I had to harvest early because of security so I didn't take any pics of the harvest. It was a very sad end to a potential awesome harvest. I have a current grow running and will have the detail specs soon but here is the overall view

germed 7
5 sprouted
vegged for 3 weeks
3fems 2 male
culled both males
soil mix is 1 scoop miracle grow organic soil, 1 scoop sphangum peat moss, 1 scoop soil mix made by guru, perlite, azomite, epson salt, worm castings
fertiler during veg miracle grow 30-10-10- npk
fertilezer during flower foxfarm Tiger bloom/big bloom, beastie bloomz,
lights leading to week 6:250 watt hps, t5;6500k,t8;3100k
lights after:650 watt hps
currently going into week 6
Harvest estimation:week 11
should have picks up by next week

Just want to say thanks to all that have viewed look forward to your feedback

was up everybody, here's an update on the grow In week 7 actually (I said week six last time) not optomistic about the upcoming harvest. I added a 400 watt hps last friday so now I have 650 watts going on in the setup. Two of the three females are looking like low yielders, they're bagseed so I don't know the genetics but they look to be hybrids.My third girl is def indica but the worst thing happened to me; I transplanted it on tuesday to a three gallon container(don't ever transplant this late in flowering) I went by the hydro store yesterday to get some stuff and told the guy there about it and he told me to leave the other two because transplanting that late is going to add two weeks to my flowering time so this morning I go to put it back in the old container being that its only been two days and I flip the new pot its in upside down to remove it and the soil breaks apart on me. I was devestated all that hard work and it was looking to be my best yielder too. So I salvaged what I could and replanted it in the old container and watered it hoping that my final 4 weeks of flower will save what it can of it. looking forward to my next grow already. This one is turning out to be a let down.

any suggestions on what to do and how much of a diff will the new lights make this late in flowering? appreciate the feedback.

Sir Kush, Greenthum thanks for the love my girls are in week 8 now and the disaster plant seems to still be growing. Even so I expect a low yield just because of what happened to her but I still expect some smoke. My other two girls are doing alright seems like a definite 11-12 week flowering cycle just because I want t least 4 weeks under the 650 watts hps setup I have going. The beastie blooms/ big bloom combo is working pretty nicely too. I think things might be starting to look up I'll have pics up in a week have to find a computer I trust to process the pics since mine can't, but rest assured progress from week 8-12 will be coming. And oh yeah Sir Kush my grow is in a closet so
Oper Door-70-77max temp
closed door 93maxtemp
What about yours?

Hey whats up guys this grow is officially over I harvested and discarded two plants during the process. The addition of the 400w hps for the last 4 weeks made a difference but two of the girls looked like they would need at least 3 more weeks and I couldn't afford that for certain reasons. Starting a new journal soon waiting on seeds to come in. Thanks kush and greenthumb see you in my next journey

Back
Top Bottom