HID Grow - Revenge of the Kittens

yeah I'm a bit worried about loosing it, but since both beans had great phenos, I'm not too worried, plus the other strains on hand make it not that big of a deal. It's not the most potent, it's just a really decent hybrid, when I say not the most potent I don't know what I mean because last night a single bong cone had me zombied lol. Let me just say you can't ever smoke too much of it, it levels off at a certain point. Other strains, like SLH, if you smoke too much shapes start to twist together and if you're laying down, you feel like your body is doing backflips through space lol.

Great news, my new germ method is AMAZING! I've done 4 seeds this way and all 4 sprouted, so we now have a master kush and aurora indica seeing the light for the first time. My germ method is very simple, fill a small container with soil, water the soil so it's soaked, make a little hole 1/4" deep, take the seed out of the package, drop the seed pointy side down and cover. In 2-3 days they always come right up. I would have horrible luck moving them from the paper towel to the dirt, they just wouldn't come up half the time.

I'm also giving blue planets complete organic line a try, looking over everything they have a great all round line and I've been dying to try out organics for a while. Should get them next week, and I'll be starting a new journal to showcase what their organic line does. It says there is no need for ph adjusting, but I'll be monitoring it, along with ppm to give everyone a good example of how they perform. Haven't decided on the strain I'm using yet if I'll go with the seedlings or the new SLH clones. Either way it will be a lot of fun, and the tds meter is on it's way, so I can get things really dialed in now.

Haha, SLH can prepare one for apollo mission to mars. Awesome you found a new germ method with higher successs rate! I've tried the paper towel and it either dried out or had mold on it. So I skipped it and just plant into the medium I'm growing in. If it's hydro, starting it with the rapid rooter plugs works great. Now got the DIY cloner will see how they work. No roots yet...keeping my fingers and toes cross. Going to try BPN too, getting the 2-part for the coco coir grow. You will love organic, it's from mother nature and she does not failed in giving & taking care of life.

yeah just have some patience with the cloner, as long as the cut was made cleanly and it has water being sprayed/misted on it, you will have roots. I even got lazy to where I didn't change the water in the bucket for 2-3 weeks and it would still root the cuttings. I still haven't lost one in that system.

I even cloned my revegging plants that accidently started flowering before they were planted and the haze rooted in 4 days.

planting directly into the medium only makes sense, and so far I'm 4/4 with 4 more on the way.

I forgot to mention, the plants are loving this MH, and I really love the dimmable feature. I'm running it primarily on 50%, but for the last 6hrs each day i kick it up to 75% and my seedlings so far are getting tight nodes. The vertical drip setup is on hold until I can spend $100 on PVC lol. I have everything needed for the drip system minus the pump, so by the end of this year it will be setup, but the upcoming journal with the organic nutrients will be a normal grow.

Hi crimson hope you dont mind me pulling up a seat sorry im late :D

Grow is looking fantastic girls are super healthy!

Do you have any idea what the strain might be yet as you r first page said they was bag seed or are there diffrent strains?
looking at your pics there are def some sativa dominant almost hazey..

So what made you choose the airoponic rooting tank over the sh mister ?

its never too late to join the fun bro! As far as strains go, when the thread initially was created, I was using bagseed, but that was just for the first harvest. After that I grew blueberry kush and wonder woman primarily. I weaned the BBK out of the mix and started some super lemon haze, so my main strains are wonder woman and super lemon haze. I grew a white widow in there somewhere too, but I don't think there are any pics of it.

I'm weaning the wonder woman out for a while and moving some new strains in so you just came in upon the transition! The upcoming grow will be SLH, white widow, master kush, aurora indica, og kush #18, afghan kush, and cheese. I also dropped the roadrunner auto, but thats just gonna chill in my veg room and see what happens.

as far as the cloner goes, I thought about mister vs aero, and didn't really see much of a benefit on either side, they both did the same thing in around the same time. It worked out to be cheaper to build the aero unit as the pump is smaller, and i think the heads are cheaper also.

excellent oh how i love cheese :D

Just noticed you sig picked some nice strains there i havnt had a grow for a whil but i have some seeds one being blue cheese i cant wait onlt a few weeks.

Oh i just got a cheep £15 in uk .. pond mister that i can plonk in a small res at the bottom of my rubbermaid and its works a charm. i havent used a aero so i cant compare the 2 but that cost me £30 ish including the inserts.

So with all them girls growing you must have some serious foliage left over have you concidered making some bubble hash for maximum satisfaction ? lol

Looks like i came in at perfect time as ill be keeping a close eye on them 8 week indica's (CHEESE) :D

Ha

yeah man, I haven't had a good indica in the garden for a while, so I'm excited about these. Having 3 different types of kush will be wonderful!

my pump is only 160gph its really small but it does a great job. Its a submersible pump so it sits in the bottom of the bucket. I built a 1/2" pvc head for it that the sprayers just screw into, all together everything cost me less than $30

I haven't done much with my leftovers lately. I typically defoliate in flower and get rid of all the big fans, and then the trim just gets tossed out of laziness. I used to keep it around for edibles but I have been thinking especially with the indicas I'll make some hash from it, indicas get much suggary leaves so it will be harder to waste them.

I figure since I'm starting fresh beans now, I should be able to harvest each of them by the end of the year, giving me some great holiday smoke. Indicas are best for the wintertime anyway :bong:

The spray I got from homedepot worked the first day, then next day it seemed clogged so I took off the cap and let the jets spray up towards the tote cap and splash out water from under to the stems. Wonder if this will work. That's my only concern. Going to let it do its thing for 2 weeks and see how it turns out. What was your fastest rooting time and the slowest?

MH really does speed up veg time, I remember using it on SLH and it grew very nicely. Right now the Summer is still hot so just using x6 of T12 bulbs. Drip system sounds like a fun project!

yeah hindu was always a personal favourite of mine! :D
Have you got some girls at the moment would love to see some new pics!

Yeah you should defently make some hash if you can afford some bubble bags then its worth getting them to save on time they are pritty effective once your master the technique i did some on my last harvest and i was blown so was my pals but then guess they cant complain about free pot part haha

Heres what i got out of one of the bags think next time im going to let my leaves dry a bit more as there was still a hint of green.

IMG_00729.JPG

Thats not bad if it does the job thats all that matters! I got the link for the sh off this forum :

Making The SH Mistic Cloner

Take a look.

12, it shouyld be fine bro, just lift the lid every once in a while and if the stems are getting wet, they generally have a little water drop on the part where you cut. As long as its wet, you'll have roots. My fastest rooting time was this recent time and it was 4 days, my longest has been about 10 days. I saw bumps on the stems around day 7, it just took a few more days for roots to come out.

I run my pump 24/7 and I believe the finer the mist, the faster they root. I also believe in setting a timer to run the pump intermittently as a couple minutes of dry period goes a long way in speeding up times. I personally think a week is fine, so if it's not broken, I'm not gonna fix it. It was definitely a budget cloner, but it works as well, if not better than the ez clone system.

here is a pic of the head I built for my pump. The hardest part was attaching it to the pump since the pump had a 3/8" output rather than a 1/2", but super glue works wonders lol.
IMG_22262.JPG

and a shot of the lid.
IMG_22235.JPG

Godspeed, that hash looks delicious man, I've never been much of a hash smoker, but I do collect the crystals in the bottom of my grinder every couple of weeks and use it to dust a bowl, it's crazy how much of a difference it makes, so I'll definitely look into the bubble bags, your finished product looks great, I'd be very happy with that. That cloner looks more efficient than what I made just in how many roots there are. I think it's because of the finer water particles. Definitely makes me think about getting a mister for my setup.

Yeah I have some ladies going right now, I have the rest of my 2L super lemon haze's that are about ready in a week. They were somewhat neglected at times though so they're not as nice as they should be, the smoke will still be good though, my yield just isn't going to be that good. I'm not really worried about the flowering plants right now, I'm focusing more on the ladies I have in veg- My last 2 wonder woman, 2 SLH clones, 2 widow seedlings (2 weeks old), 1 master kush seedling(2 days old), 1 aurora indica seedling (2 days old). My camera needs batteries right now, I'll work on getting them and throwing some pics up. I have just repotted the SLH i took clones from and shes exploding with new growth. I'm contemplating keeping her for a mom, she was topped 3-4 times already and is growing pretty bushy.

I'm gonna go snap a few pics with my phone so at least you guys have something to look at. The lights just went out in the flower room.

eh I can't get any good pics with how bright the MH is, they're all washed out. I'll get some batteries for my cam and update with some pics.

was just looking through my old pics. I found this of my first wonder woman grow. This was the lady who gifted my all the sativa pheno clones. I kept the strain around for almost a year too lol

02-18-11_001.jpg

and I can't believe that this was just bagseed on my 2nd grow
09-13-10_001.jpg

Those plants looks great. That Wonder Woman is a wonder woman. If I have a female like that, I'll breed her and see what we'll get. Just recently stepped into the breeding arena. Thanks for the positive vib on the cloner. I've checked them today and they got small bumps. I get a bit worried at times trying something new. Also found another grower who has a DIY cloner that does not uses the spray heads and he gets roots. Like your bucket cloner, you're right if it's not broken don't fix it.

That is one monster cola you had there very impressed 2nd grow bag seed thats alot better then my second attempt lol

Wonderwomen looks tight :D Node distances are short is that one of here traits?
What watt bulb was you running? I my eyes tighter the better! haha

Loving the clourfull inserts on your cloner bucket i can only get boring grey ones!
Yeah its its worth getting a mister for 10 buks and seeing if the results are better usaly i get bumps in 1 -2 days and 7 inch of root in 7 - 10 days excellent if you like DWC soil growers can find that much root a bit of a pain to pot..

So do you do any cross breading with males ? Been reading a bit about it and relay wana make my own killer strain but from what iv read this is not easy and can take many years!

Glad you like the hash im a green smoker to but this is on another level bag 75 what they call full melt (green crack) :D puts u on your arse never any complaints! only from my miss's haha

she is a wonder that wonder woman, great strain for sure. Has really tight nodes, doesn't stretch too much, and really packs on the weight, it's a nice heavy yielder.

I'm only running a 600w HPS for flower. Those colored neoprene discs were at the local hydro store, they had a variety of colors all for the same price, makes it nice when cloning different strains, you can categorize them all.

I've never bred before, I only grow female seeds inside, but breeding is definitely something I want to do in the future. For now I'll just get my growing better so when I do create some strains, they will be extremely good.

All the new beans have popped. I'm only waiting on the cheese to pop its head, but it's about to come through the soil now, should be opened up by the time I get home.

fed the widows for the first time, they're about 2.5 weeks old and just starting to show hints of yellow so I brightened them back up with some food, The SLH in flower are also getting a little light on top as they're starting to stretch, they got the same feed.

350ppm, ph 6.8, 1tsp bloom, 1tsp micro.

I mixed it a little bit lighter just because it was the first feed for the widows. I'm going to feed every other water, and up it by 50ppm until they're maxed out, should really get them taking off and ready to give clones in a couple weeks.

Waiting on the BPN package to arrive and I will be starting a new journal, I have fresh batteries for my camera so the pics will be coming there. I'll post up a link when it's open.

woo! my BPN organic line is here! Just in time for their feeding tonight. I was hoping I wouldn't have to mix up any GH. Stay tuned for a new journal tonight.

as you guys know, I switched to the blue planet nutrients line of organic nutrients. check out the link below for my new journal with them and my new strains

Organic Grow

mods feel free to move this to completed journals

Back
Top Bottom