HID Grow - Revenge of the Kittens

Re: Crimson's HID Grow- Revenge of the Kittens

thanks weedy, I appreciate the kind words. I only have one 600w HPS in flower and right now there are 8 plants under it. 7 are in 3 gallon pots and one is in a 1 gallon pot. It's very crowded in there, I would do very well with another light, or maybe even a better reflector then I would be able to fit another 4 or more plants in there. The box has a footprint of 4'x3' so I can fit rows of 3 gallon pots snuggly. Wrapping the enclosure in white panda film helped very much in spreading the light to the outer plants. I usually rotate them around every couple of days so they all get their spot under the sun.

the available height is around 4', but I don't want them to get too tall. I'm topping the mom and keeping her under control for a while trying to make her a big bush. I just topped her for the 3rd time at 4 different sites, and already seeing results. I'm also impressed at how the clones rooted. My wonder woman strain roots 2-3 long roots then they start growing the hairs out the sides, but the SLH rooted with at least 10 sprouting at once the entire way up the stem. Good genetics for sure. I was going to flower the mom right away but now I'm definitely going to grow her out to be a decent clone giver. I only have one confirmed clone root out of 2, the mom was pretty small when i took them and I was testing the strains clonability. I'll probably take around 15 clones in about a week or 2 and fill up the cloner.

I have about 12 wonder woman clones that just rooted so I'll have a big wonder woman harvest. I'm hoping the next one will be a same size harvest but of SLH. I have one widow in flower right now, didn't clone it because i ran out of space in veg and it hadn't started forming branches yet, but I have 10 other seeds so it's not a problem to start another. After the big SLH harvest I'll try to get a big widow harvest then repeat the cycle. I'm thinking I need a good 100% indica strain to add to my garden, the sativa dom's aren't good for right before bed. I'll be more tired before I smoke. lol

Good luck dude, the sativas dont agree with me also.
I want to be more relaxed and they defeat my puposes.
All buzzed out lookig for something to do. lol

thanks man, I took a look at the SLH this morning and shes starting to put her stretch on hardcore. I'm thinking of switching to the MH bulb for a couple weeks to try and tame it. As it is, yesterday she put on 1.5" of growth just after transplant. I'm glad she's small right now because this thing should be a monster when shes done. I saw a little shoot coming from the very bottom about 3" long, I'm gonna clone that to add to the other 2 cuttings that are about to be put in soil.

chopped the one wonder woman last night, got a decent amount from it, this strain is totally ideal for SOG, it grows straight up and its branches are kept really close to the main cola, so you can really stack them together without sacrificing light penetration. I had heavily cloned these ones before flowering, so I probably got an ounce off it, the last one I have will be chopped this weekend, probably will get 2oz off her, also cloned it a decent bit so thats why the yield is a bit low. The next batch will yield much more as it wasn't cut as much. They have about 4 weeks left.

Gotta get these plants chopped down so I can start the SOG tray. the clones have all rooted nicely. I have 2 SLH clones in the cloner just waiting for some space under the veg light to open up, then they will be dropped in the dirt. Getting to have a lot going on, need to plan it a bit better I think lol.

chopped down the last wonder this weekend, probably got another 2oz off it. It was around 3' but mainly just 2 central colas. The side branches were all used for clones before bloom, so it didn't have many budsites. Put 4 new wonders in bloom, 3 are in 1 gal pots and the other is in a 2L. They were only vegged about a week after rooting, so this is going to be my SOG tester tray just to see what I can get. 410fied's SOG grow right now has me wanting to just run a SOG garden. It would make more sense considering my space and small veg light.

Took another 6 clones for the cloner. 3 came from SLH which is almost done stretching (i hope) and the other were from the wonder woman clones I just put in bloom.

the next round of 4 wonder woman are budding very nicely, Yield this time around is going to be much higher than last round. I corrected my zinc defs and have been feeding them every other watering with lower strength nutes instead of once a week with full strength. They seem happier with the smaller dosages. I also didn't top any of these ones. I see people stating the topped plants yield more, but it seems any time I top a plant, it grows nice top colas, but thats about it. I think I just prefer the natural lolipop style colas. Got another 4-5 weeks left till next chop. Sitting tight until then.

How's your SLH doing?
I hear you man. 410ied's SOG grow is amazing. Got me inspired too. I have the 2 litter trays from coca-cola (the new design tray) ready, each holds 8 of them 2L bottles. I just need to get the cloning perfected to fill the bottles up and have a nice perpetual grow going. I'll be using soil instead of perlite + vermiculite.

Nice pull on the 2oz of wonder women. I have yet to reach that amount per plant. Maybe I should veg a plant for 2 full months and see...

the SLH is insane man, she stretches SO much. I measured her at 8" when she went into flower, and she's already grown an extra 14" and turned from a small plant into a huge wide bush. I fimmed all of her tops 2 days before putting her in flower and it really pays off, the new growth stretches from the wound and forms 2 new strong budsites. It looks like she is preparing herself to hold a lot of weight. Bud's are just beginning to form, the whole time since she started blooming shes just been stretching lol. The wonder woman starts forming buds immediately when put in flower and only stretches like 8-10". I just love how the SLH is growing though, and it is so easy to clone, I took 3 cuttings about a week into bloom and 2 of them have already started showing roots, its only been about a week since I took them.

Nice grab on the coke trays, that would be perfect to hold the bottles in place, I need to get some of those for sure. I'm running my trial 2L in soil, so far its doing really well.

2oz is actually a bit low for the wonder woman, I cut the bottom 4 branches off to make clones and they were topped once and didn't really do much branching at all, it was just 2 main stalks about 16" tall. My first run with the original seed yielded about 4oz and it wasn't topped at all, only vegged for a month. The ones I've been cutting down recently only get about 2 weeks of veg then I flower them. I don't have enough room under the T5 to keep them there longer lol. As it is I'm running out of room under the HPS lol.

Best advice I can give anyone is build yourself a cheap aero cloner, it's literally cut and wait untill you can plant. I don't use anything but plain tap water which has a ph of 7.5

Oh yes, the SLH is a stretcher. I had issue with them falling over with thin stem holding the buds. That's with 1 month veg, with 2 months I didn't have this problem. Hope you don't run into this. But can always resolve it by adding support system for the buds so they don't kiss the ground.

How is WW smoke to you? I might get this strain for 6th grow not sure yet.

Do you have pics for the 2L trail run? Where are them pics, it's about time to post some eye candy. Are you looking to expand your grow space to accommodate more plants in the near future? I think mine is to the max unless my roommate decide to leave one day I can take over his room for the second grow room, until then I'm happy with my current room.

Right now I'm testing out the water fogger cloner. It's quite simple, hope it works.

I really hope she doesn't fall over, she really started bulking up the branches during stretch so I'll keep my fingers crossed, otherwise there is always string lol.

which WW are you referring to? I'm a few weeks away from harvesting the white widow, it's my first seed I've grown of this strain, so I've never tried it yet, I also didn't take clones but I have another 9 fems so I'm not worried. The wonder woman on the other hand I've had extensive experience with now as I'm on my 5th cycle with 2 phenos I got in a 5 pack. The grow is very painless, it's a moderate eater, great to grow, amazing smell, amazing bag appeal, buds are kind of sativa fluffy mixed with the hybrid sponge feel, but if you let her go 10 weeks the buds really harden up and it makes for a better bud breaking experience. The smoke is really good, if cured it turns into a really nice numbing mix that kind of starts out indica couch lock, but once you stand up or start moving, it turns into a sativa brain twist. If you sit down again it goes back to couch lock so it's a really great all round high. I can talk and function perfectly fine when I'm completely stoned on it, which isn't something I can do on some indicas haha. It has a great taste, and a citrusy skunk smell, smokes really smooth almost sweet. It makes your mouth water on the first rip. I often find myself drooling on the exhale.

The 2 phenos I got are very similar, they have the same high, one just smells a little stronger than the other, and it also grows a little more sativa looking, taller and thinner leaves. The indica pheno smokes exactly the same, just a bit shorter, fatter buds, and a more hashy smell and taste with the skunk/citrus undertones.

I would highly recommend it, it clones really well too, 7 days in my aero cloner and they're ready for pots.

No pics right now of the 2L plants, although I have a few in 1 gal pots next to the 2L just for comparison. I have 2 plants of each wonder woman pheno going. Both seem to be doing identical right now, but they're just done with the stretch and are starting to bud. I need to defoliate and get them closer to the light. Right now there are 4 wonder woman, 1 white widow, 1 monster bush SLH, and the 4 SOG testers under the 600w so there isn't much room. My box can handle twice as much, I would do really well with another 600w. Just don't want to pay for the power right now as I know I can improve my yield and efficiency with what I have, I just need to work harder on it. I really think SOG is the key and get a better schedule. Right now I just clone, veg for a week, then flower. I have many different plants of varying heights in bloom and they're all in 3 gal pots which takes up a lot of floor space. I also have to put little steps everywhere to make sure the canopy is even under the light,which is fairly impossible to get right.

I'm only pulling 1.5-2oz per plant, and I harvest 3-4 plants each month. That's only 8oz tops per month on a good run, usually its around 5-6oz due to not everything being totally dialed in. 420field mentioned in his journal you can fit around 30 2L under a 600w. Even if I aimed low and only got 10g per clone, I'd get 10oz per harvest, and use less soil than I do now. I'm sure I would get more since my one run with really small pots and no nutes yielded around 20g per plant on a 12/12 from seed grow.

One other thing I noticed about the method, is by increasing the yield per clone from 10g to 13g, which is only 3g more, actually adds an extra 3oz to the total harvest numbers. Sometimes an extra gram can be added to a plant by just going an extra week and giving them a decent amount of carbs lol. I'm sure if I were pulling those numbers each harvest, I wouldn't be going dry a few weeks before harvest and probably wouldn't even need another light.

Hi Crimson,

Was referring to Wonder Woman, but when you smoke the White Widow do tell! Your smoke experience wants me to try it myself. Will add it to my list for 6th grow. They only come in regular seed. Not that expensive either.

I just joined the 2L bottle movement. Hope they grow at least a foot. Right now they are about few inches tall from above soil. Soon will have a bunch to get the most of space under the LED. You are right, it does took up less soil. Do you know the clones in 2L grow straight up or do they branch off too? This my first time putting them straight to 12/12 after developing decent root mass.

10g average per clone is not bad at all! With 68 of them, 34 per tent, will most likely be a little over a pound. Have you harvested a pound yet? Right now I'm getting the perpetual up to speed to reach this goal.

Yeah I'd definitely add the wonder woman to your list, I got the fem seeds and only germed 2 but they both popped at the same time, even though the seeds looked a tad immature, I had no issues with them at all.

I'm sure your 2L will grow a foot. I have a clone I had vegging for a week in a 2L that I put in bloom like 2-3 weeks ago and it's already around 14". Mine usually branch a little bit, but the thing I like about the sativa variation of wonder woman is how tight it grows together, although it branches a bit, they branch up and really close to the main stem, so they still don't take up much room. Very ideal for SOG.

Last night I put 2 SLH clones in 2L along with 2 woman clones in 2L. They will veg until they're about 6" tall and then be flowered providing I can make room. Also cut down another wonder woman plant, probably only about 2oz there again, I didn't give them molasses this round, and I can see in the final size. The buds are insane sticky and smell so delicious so I'm happy with the turnout. It will smoke amazing I know it. I have another 2 wonder woman plants coming down, one indica and the other sativa, I think I might have weaned the indica pheno out of my clones, I have been favoring the sativa when i clone just because of the added smell and taste. It ends up weighing about the same too because it grows taller, but there is something about the indica stone from it that is really nice.

Never harvested a pound yet, my best harvest was with some bagseed indica and MG nutes, I yielded around 15oz when it was all dried, so I guess it's pretty close to a pound. I haven't pulled those numbers since I've been working with better strains. I'm thinking SOG is key because I have a hard time evening the canopy and keeping best use of the available light space due to the bigger footprint of 3g pots. I'd love to get to the pound per harvest goal. With a 600w light, that would be efficient enough for my needs. Perpetual is definitely the key, and with SOG you don't need a powerful veg light. Only makes sense. If I'm pulling 1 pound a month, I'll be up in the clouds haha

My veg area is getting really crowded so the other 2 wonders will probably come down this weekend. I can then get a nice amount of space for my 2 SOG trays that are going on.

Had a disaster the other night, I had my fan out of the room to draw some fresh air into the area from outside, and then I was out in the yard working on the house for a few hours. I didn't think to check the time and my light had come on for a good 30 mins without any fan, so I burned the one SLH top and another wonder top. It sucks, but at least the SLH is small so it should bounce back. Plus I topped it so many times it looks like a shrub and has at least 10 tops lol. Haven't burned a top in a long time, and on top of that, my veg clones grew up into the T5 and one burned its leaf tips.. Gotta pay more attention when I'm down there.

i havent burned a top since i used a cluster of cfls and kept them too close. now with T5s or HIDs theyre never close enough to burn a plant. go get a cheap 3-way meter ( ph/moisture/light intensify) a figure out that way how close you can keep the lights to your plants without worrying about burning them

yeah it's normally not a problem because the tops that are close to the light, within the 6" range are usually on the outside, the fan takes away all the heat and they love it there. I just didn't have anything taking the heat away for a half hour. My light's up as high as it can go, but my SLH was bushed out so it was on a riser. It's now on the ground, I just need to harvest the other tall plants so I can drop the light back down.

I would like a light meter just so I can measure when my bulbs need changed, and make better use of the available lumens. Definitely worth investing in.

had a disaster last night, my widow had fallen over and snapped at the base. It grew straight up like a pencil and was 2' tall when it broke. I trimmed her up and am very happy with the results, smells so strong, and the trichomes are everywhere. buds are huge and solid, I'm kicking myself for not starting another seed already, I have no widow clones as wonder woman and slh are taking up all my space. I'll get around to it eventually I guess.

One more plant to come down in the bloom room and then we're in line for the SLH harvest next. I'm happy the bloom cab is emptying because now I can get those vegging plants in flower. They're gonna be kind of tall, but they're growing so uniform I might just bloom them in the 1 gal pots and stack them all together.

Back
Top Bottom