They were dissed, now they're pissed! Revenge of the Culls!

Re: they were dissed, now they're pissed!........ Revenge of the Culls!

Its nice to know your checking the true output of these lights. +rep

I'm going to be doing that for the upcoming 300w LED vs 400w HID grow and reporting the actual watts.

Actual watts for the HGL light was a few watts lower than 126, so I could be a whiny little beotch and insist that we adjust the g/w accordingly, lol.

but I won't be ;)

This is a chart that Propa Gator sent me a while back for vertical bare bulbs and distances. According to this chart, I need about 9-10" if I'm not running CO2 or A/C, and my cab is 25" wide. With the bulb hung in the center, that leaves maybe 3" of room on each side for the plants. Might work with vertical screens and lots of tying, but that's not much room.

www.VerticalHerbs.com, Tools and information you need for better growing.

Thanks MH ;)

Ye, I was really worried about bleaching and what not with my new set up in the spinner. I have a 600w hps in there are quite a few nodes that have shot out there and are no more than 5" away from it with zero sign of bleaching or stress at all. But I imagine the constant rotating of the plants is what saves them from experiencing this.

t
THANKS FOR DOING THE SIDE SHOW !! I'D HAVE BEEN WONDERING FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE, . HA !! GOOD SHOW BUDDY !!
:reading420magazine::bravo::bravo::bong:

thanks Slow!

Glad to do it ;)

As soon as culling two plants became one of the "rules", I started eyeballin' my cab, lol

This side-show, side-grow was a great shake-down cruise for my cab. I got to try several different lighting options and also got the ventilation issues sorted out.

I think I'll be using it a lot.

take care brother ;)

little late to the party.
nice recap. . . exactly what i was hoping to see.

wheelo!

glad too see you early, late, middle, whenever ;).

hmmm. . . 90 grams from 1/2 the plants. . . . seems like cfl is the better bang for the buck for sure.

i like the led side lighting. . . lol, want to say a joke about it being the right place to use it, but it probably wouldn't be funny anyway.

LED tech is evolving fast and costs should drop significantly, but I agree that currently CFL is the best bang for the buck.

I think some folks got the idea that because I tested LED's, I'm a proponent of LED's, which I'm not, because I have no loyalties or emotional attachments to any specific lights or technology.

The only thing I'm a proponent of are technologies or products that provide workable and cost-effective solutions.

and mega-burritos.

;)

Ye, I was really worried about bleaching and what not with my new set up in the spinner. I have a 600w hps in there are quite a few nodes that have shot out there and are no more than 5" away from it with zero sign of bleaching or stress at all. But I imagine the constant rotating of the plants is what saves them from experiencing this.

Is the bulb completely bare or in a glass cool-tube type arrangement?

Hey bro, I am bad at guessing distances...so I finally broke out a yard stick....my 150w is sitting 6 inches above my canopy, but I don't have all that reflection....wish my head could wrap around some way to calculate the effect of being surrounded by reflected light and how that would add up....

And wow, my chart is bad...and guess who got a new bookmark, thanks....:grinjoint:

Now I know why my setup works....I thought I was way low on the acceptable lumen scale...the canopy under that HPS is at near max foot-candles.....:cheer:

BTW thank you bro for keeping these pics patiently all this time.....:smokin:

thanks Slow!

Glad to do it ;)

As soon as culling two plants became one of the "rules", I started eyeballin' my cab, lol

This side-show, side-grow was a great shake-down cruise for my cab. I got to try several different lighting options and also got the ventilation issues sorted out.

I think I'll be using it a lot.

take care brother ;)
I ran a 400 watt hid in a cabinet 2.5 X 3 X 4.5 high. You just got to air cool the bulb. You can get a complete air cooled light, hood and ballast for a little over 200 bucks. And now i'm running a 400 hid in a tent 4X4X7, and it's a open reflector and i'm running about 85/ 75. I know the lights on temp is a little high, but i'm getting good results. But the temp in New England is a little cooler that Ca. !! Ha !! Do you leave windows open in your garage ?? Was 91 here yesterday and that's a new state record !! Woo Hoo !! Should be around 55 now, but weather pattern is like changing everywhere. SS, i'll be watching for your next grow !! And thanks for being who you are !!
:reading420magazine::smokin:

hmmmmmmmmmm, never thought about running an air-cooled hood in there because it's a small cab, 2.1 X 1.5 X 3.2 high, but a small cool-tube might fit OK. Thanks!

Weather is warming up and should be good for the next grow. I don't leave windows open, but in the warmer months, when I don't need to conserve heat in there, I open the main garage door every day to help exchange the stale air for fresh.

91 in New England! Yeah, the weather is getting weird all over it seems.

thanks slow, glad you'll be following the next grow!

The buds have cured nicely and smell/taste great!

They seem to have a stronger aroma and more character now that the excess chlorophyll has cured out. Still earthy and musky, but much more appealing now.

IMG_6157_Medium.JPG

hmmmmmmmmmm, never thought about running an air-cooled hood in there because it's a small cab, 2.1 X 1.5 X 3.2 high, but a small cool-tube might fit OK. Thanks!

Check out Sunlight Supply's 'SUPER SUN'. It should fit. They make a 4" flange kit that should adequately evacuate the heat from a 250 in that area, maybe even a 400 if you have enough air flow.:roorrip:

PS: Nice Bud!

Hey bro, I am bad at guessing distances...so I finally broke out a yard stick....my 150w is sitting 6 inches above my canopy, but I don't have all that reflection....wish my head could wrap around some way to calculate the effect of being surrounded by reflected light and how that would add up....

Reflected light is sort of a crap shoot, and can even nullify itself to zero energy if reflections are 180 degrees out of phase. All the bouncing around in our grow spaces could be confusing to plants that expect direct light.

Some reflections add up, some cancel out. I think if we could actually see the losses, more of us would be thinking about vertical growing with 360 degree direct light.

BTW thank you bro for keeping these pics patiently all this time.....:smokin:

thank you for appreciating how hard that was to do ;)

Back
Top Bottom