They were dissed, now they're pissed! Revenge of the Culls!

Re: they were dissed, now they're pissed!........ Revenge of the Culls!

I use 70 watt hps for extra lighting but they doe have the glass on them. Maybe 2 70 watts woul dwork better. Dunno though, may never. At the least you save the day with the t5's. Still look'n good though.

Yeah, I should have figured it out sooner than I did, but I got them outa there before too much damage was done. A week later they were looking a lot better and starting to bud up nicely.

I want in on this ride SS....

-Go

Glad to have ya Go ;)

Heat wasn't the issue, but radiation was. Direct light from a bare bulb is way different than reflected off a hood.
And through the tempered glass cover on a horizontal hood.
Mine had direct light from the beginning. Maybe it was a shock. I'm sad.
But glad they're thriving under your T5 fixture. :popcorn:

PS: duh, retro journal. grow already done ;)

And through the tempered glass cover on a horizontal hood.
Mine had direct light from the beginning. Maybe it was a shock. I'm sad.
But glad they're thriving under your T5 fixture. :popcorn:

It probably was a shock going from the T-5 to the bare bulb, but I also don't think there's enough room in there for that setup.

Even if I had grown them skinny and used trellises to hold them back, I'm not sure it would work. I'll check it out though ;).

thanks Gator ;)

Next update:

IMG_4920.JPG

Another week or so later under the T-5. The buds are starting to swell, and I added a few more ties to keep them low and even.

IMG_49341.JPG

IMG_4936.JPG

IMG_4991.JPG

IMG_4997.JPG

IMG_5000.JPG

IMG_5013.JPG

IMG_5020.JPG

IMG_5124.JPG

Ok, so we're halfway through bloom and I want to add more lumens, but there's no room on the sides for spiral CFL's, and the T-5 takes up almost the entire area of the cab with only about a 2" gap for ventilation, so can't add anything up top either.

I'm looking in there and I remember that I have two 50w red/blue LED panels stashed away somewhere that might just fit. Plants can be right up against these panels with no problems, so it might just work.

IMG_5398.JPG

IMG_5413.JPG

They fit as if they had been designed to go in there!

I got the panels a while back, but never really used them much. They're not from the same mfg. The one on the right side has more blue LED's, and the one on the left more red, but they fit and fired right up. Temps didn't change at all, and I was very happy that I remembered about those panels.

IMG_5548.JPG

IMG_5544.JPG

IMG_5549.JPG

They seemed to like the combination.

Don't stop now....we want to see these two beat the four HSS you had. Nice old school panels!

Nice hybrid setup. I wonder how one of those boxes you used for the test would work with CFL or small HPS(175/250)on top and the two panels on the sides.:roorrip:

Man oh man! I always loved the look of L.E.D. light on the plants. It just seems to fit!

Don't stop now....we want to see these two beat the four HSS you had. Nice old school panels!

Wow! What a cool set up!

I can't wait for the rest of it....like did the culls get revenge?

Looking good....Bet they turned out Beautiful....:popcorn:...Well did they? :reading420magazine:

Man oh man! I always loved the look of L.E.D. light on the plants. It just seems to fit!

thanks bros!

next update comin' up ;)

Next update and last half of bloom:

IMG_5454.JPG

Here's a pic without the plants to show how neatly everything fits in there.

The blue/red panels need white, and the T-5 takes care of that. I've switched to two 3000k tubes now for the remainder of bloom.

IMG_5838.JPG

IMG_5122.JPG

IMG_5664.JPG

This is now after a couple of weeks with the T-5/LED. It's turning into a big sticky mess of fat buds in there and I'm one happy camper. I'm curious now as to how they would have done with just the T-5, but that's fodder for another grow.

I've also upgraded the ventilation by installing a 4" carbon filter inside the cab, with the exhaust fan mounted outside and pulling instead of pushing.

Temps drop by 5-6 degrees and air exchange is much improved. Total volume of air in the little cab is now being exchanged at least 3-4 times per minute.

Plants are very happy, but I think I'm hearing them whisper when my back is turned............

"purple words on a grey background,
to be a woman and to be turned down"

I stop turning my back on them.

Next update and last half of bloom:

IMG_5454.JPG

Here's a pic without the plants to show how neatly everything fits in there.

The blue/red panels need white, and the T-5 takes care of that. I've switched to two 3000k tubes now for the remainder of bloom.

IMG_5838.JPG

IMG_5122.JPG

IMG_5664.JPG

This is now after a couple of weeks with the T-5/LED. It's turning into a big sticky mess of fat buds in there and I'm one happy camper. I'm curious now as to how they would have done with just the T-5, but that's fodder for another grow.

I've also upgraded the ventilation by installing a 4" carbon filter inside the cab, with the exhaust fan mounted outside and pulling instead of pushing.

Temps drop by 5-6 degrees and air exchange is much improved. Total volume of air in the little cab is now being exchanged at least 3-4 times per minute.

Plants are very happy, but I think I'm hearing them whisper when my back is turned............

"purple words on a grey background,
to be a woman and to be turned down"

I stop turning my back on them.

Those are lookin' great! Fat, nice buds.

I reckon that plant alone outweighed a whole group from the test grow. They look awesome.

Slaughter!!!:bravo::bravo: Your leaving us hanging though...Im guessing 86grs brother

SS one thing you have to watch out for. The underside of the leaves are very susceptible to burning from certain light spectrum. Some HPS bulbs put out some light in the 350 to 380 range which is harmless and useless when coming from above but will burn if coming from below. I would guess that the light in the upper UV range coming from the side is what caused the problem for you. Plants can handle a bunch of UV when coming from up above, as in nature, but not from below, at least cannabis can't. That is why you should never put reflective material under the plants or even a light colored surface. I've seen some growers go as far as painting the floor flat black. You don't have to worry about it with LEDs (unless the manuf. has added some UV bulbs to the mix) or the t-5's and CFL's which are UV free.

btr

Back
Top Bottom