Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

ACE definitely deserves a shout-out :)

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I haven't been able to do this in 3 years of HB produce. I've tried but I pass out after about 8 hits. It gets to the point it feels like I'm trying to fight going under for surgery. If I don't pass out I get too light headed to continue and walking becomes too much of a chore to try. I'll keep practicing though!

That sounds like me, pretty much. Thanks for making me laugh--loudly!

:roorrip:

Hi Doc and High Brix gang!

I'm in the middle of some side by side testing, and preparing to feed three plants in 15 gallon pots that suffered root issues a few weeks back. They are slowly getting back on track, but not stellar at all. Environment is right on.

I want to hit them with a rescue drench to have a comparison to those that I do not hit with the rescue drench, to better my understanding of the kit.

Need a little help with the mix. Here's the instructions:

"1 oz. Transplant per gallon of water with 6 mils of Tea. Feed a solution with this composition to all the plants. It will re-colonize the roots and get things back on track. Do not do this if you aren't having any problems"

I have 4 gallons of drench to mix to feed three 15 gallon pots. Do I do:

4oz of TP and 6mils of tea...or

4oz of TP and 24 mils of tea?

Not sure if I should include the tea in the "per gallon" equation.

Much appreciated!

For the rescue drench you're using 1 oz Transplant and 6mils Tea PER GALLON of water. So, if you're using 5 gallons, that's 5 oz. Transplant and 30mils Tea.

As for watering, if you're top watering, slowly moisten the soil until you get liberal runoff. Saturate the medium.

However, for a while now I've been using large saucers and I now put 1/3 to 1/2 gallon of water slowly down the top and the rest in the saucer so it can wick upwards. Using this technique, I use 1 to 1.5 gallons of drench per plant. Seven gallon containers.

I hope that answers you questions.

I'm in the middle of some side by side testing, and preparing to feed three plants in 15 gallon pots that suffered root issues a few weeks back. They are slowly getting back on track, but not stellar at all. Environment is right on.

I want to hit them with a rescue drench to have a comparison to those that I do not hit with the rescue drench, to better my understanding of the kit.

"1 oz. Transplant per gallon of water with 6 mils of Tea. Feed a solution with this composition to all the plants. It will re-colonize the roots and get things back on track. Do not do this if you aren't having any problems"

Much appreciated!
4 oz. Trans and 24 mils of tea.

:thumb:

Much appreciated!
The latter. 6 mile per gallon.

So here are the roots on one of my ladies. They look about the same... whatcha think guys... can I bloom soon?
420-magazine-mobile483464713.jpg

So here are the roots on one of my ladies. They look about the same... whatcha think guys... can I bloom soon?
420-magazine-mobile483464713.jpg

Oh and they are around 73 days old... I stalled the soil a couple of times by, I think, letting them get to dry...?? The second time I did a rescue drench and didn't use the correct amount of water... so stalled them further... that's the fuzz at the bottom of the ball there. Sorry guys, I'll get this down. Just a newb here with the DBHBB.

Oh and they are around 73 days old... I stalled the soil a couple of times by, I think, letting them get to dry...?? The second time I did a rescue drench and didn’t use the correct amount of water... so stalled them further... that’s the fuzz at the bottom of the ball there. Sorry guys, I’ll get this down. Just a newb here with the DBHBB.

I think a few more wet/dry cycles is in order. I'd like to see more fine root hairs on that, and a bit more root bound.

So since I only mix a couple ml foliars with a couple of oz of water at a time (only two small plants so far) I've been frustrated with these bottles that don't spray all of the product in the bottle... not even close really. So I rigged this old Clorox spray bottle (cleaned thoroughly of course) with one of those "360" nozzles. I'll let you guys know how it works!
420-magazine-mobile428764252.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1499849917.jpg

So since I only mix a couple ml foliars with a couple of oz of water at a time (only two small plants so far) I’ve been frustrated with these bottles that don’t spray all of the product in the bottle... not even close really. So I rigged this old Clorox spray bottle (cleaned thoroughly of course) with one of those “360” nozzles. I’ll let you guys know how it works!
420-magazine-mobile428764252.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1499849917.jpg

My personnel experience is, they do work but NOT a long enough nozzle extension to get were you want it.
I have still not found one better than my home made model, have used 3 different production
models NON have a long enough extension.

My personnel experience is, they do work but NOT a long enough nozzle extension to get were you want it.
I have still not found one better than my home made model, have used 3 different production
models NON have a long enough extension.

Thanks for the input! I do remember your design, and I actually am waiting for my glue to set (48 hrs). I went ahead and cut the threads off another spray head and glued them to the end of this clorox spray head. Once the glue is set, I should be able to just screw the 360 nozzle on there. I will probably make an extension as you suggest, I just really wanna use this bottle man. Pretty much anyone could make a killing if they made a bottle like the clorox but with a spray head like a regular spray bottle. It really is a great idea, and just by changing the head, you should be able to file a totally separate patent, for in the patent world it really only takes a small modification to have your own. I read that its actually easier to get a patent if you just modify something that already has a patent and also easier if the product has a misspelled name. Incase you ever wonder why they spell things wrong for seemingly no reason. Sorry... rambling again.

Thanks for the input! I do remember your design, and I actually am waiting for my glue to set (48 hrs). I went ahead and cut the threads off another spray head and glued them to the end of this clorox spray head. Once the glue is set, I should be able to just screw the 360 nozzle on there. I will probably make an extension as you suggest, I just really wanna use this bottle man. Pretty much anyone could make a killing if they made a bottle like the clorox but with a spray head like a regular spray bottle. It really is a great idea, and just by changing the head, you should be able to file a totally separate patent, for in the patent world it really only takes a small modification to have your own. I read that its actually easier to get a patent if you just modify something that already has a patent and also easier if the product has a misspelled name. Incase you ever wonder why they spell things wrong for seemingly no reason. Sorry... rambling again.

Very True, When I worked in Manufacturing We built Large Vats the 2 owners split ways
and the other just needed to change something like a 5% to 10% change in the design
and it was a new patent / Copyright or whatever they called it

BTW Just about all the Nozzle sprayers I have looked at will accept my extension,
seems most have the same size Nozzle press fit so once you put one together
it is a simple swap with most spray heads

Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Greetings admirable brixers! I'm following here all the time with not much to contribute as I don't have a DBHBB grow. (I have what I'm calling a DBlite&lazy grow using DB's recommendation of osmo+, it's going ok so far, first indoor DIY growbox, so just experimenting and learning). Anyhoo, I'll have some questions going forward as I assess the viability of using the kit here.

My first question is: Are there any on 420 here using the kit in Australia (I know there are folks in Australia using the kit, looking for forum users)? If so, can anyone point me to a base soil to start with. I have DB's instructions regarding what to look for - but searching and researching is challenging for me so if someone already knows of a good base soil here, then so much the better.

Happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom