Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

Hey Homer, wish I'd come across this sooner. First, Ph is a measure of alkalinity and acidity with alkaline materials at a Ph of 8 or higher, whereas acid is up to 5. Here's a chart

If you're not going to bother with Ph than you might want to have a look at the Ph Perfect line from Advanced Nutrients they claim that because their nutrients are specially chelated, Ph isn't an concern anymore as long as your water is in a neutal Ph range of 5 - 8. The comments I've been getting on site seem to bear that out.

Thanks for the info but my feeling is if it ain't broke don't fix it.

That is my problem; my number is limited to four. I was always doing something stupid and taking chances when I was younger but I just don't want any headaches these days so I am going to stay within the legal limit so the numbers do work against me but I am sure I can make it work.

When you say numbers game and run several do you mean lots of strains or zero in on a strain and run phenotypes and clone every plant you grow from a seed in case you want to make seeds from the clone if the mother is good?

With a four plant limit, I suggest self-pollinating every plant, then tossing the seed of the two worst. The good news about our Canadian legislation is that there is no limit on the number of recreational seeds or amount of flower we can have in our homes. This would be the only way to do multiple strains at once.

For a single strain, it takes several grows to get your own feminized F1 seed of your two best:
  • 2 plants grown from seed to maturity + two clones taken before the flip
  • 1 plant grown from seed to maturity, + two clones from grow #1 + one clone taken before the flip
  • 1 plant grown from seed to maturity, + three clones from previous grows + one clone taken before the flip, destroy one clone from previous grows when taking the clone from this grow
  • repeat last grow for remaining seeds that are part of the pheno hunt
  • cross your two best clones for F1 seed
The time for the new seed to get through to the flip, gives you time to cure and test the bud from previous grows. You are looking at tying up your grow limit for over a year with a one-strain, four seed pheno hunt. I'd be going the self-pollinated route instead, as it will allow more than one strain to be grown simultaneously. At a later date you'd be able to cross your best of the strain, if you wanted to. With the one clone per plant limit, you'll need to start them as soon as possible since you may lose some cuttings trying to root them.

Why not go for your medical card? I have a 2gm/day prescription, and applied for a grow license. It took almost six months to get my first one, but it adds 10 plants to my limit. (10 medical + 4 recreational) I can PM the contact info for the national medical group I used if you want it. This makes it much easier to pheno hunt if you want to go that route.

With a four plant limit, I suggest self-pollinating every plant, then tossing the seed of the two worst. The good news about our Canadian legislation is that there is no limit on the number of recreational seeds or amount of flower we can have in our homes. This would be the only way to do multiple strains at once.

For a single strain, it takes several grows to get your own feminized F1 seed of your two best:
  • 2 plants grown from seed to maturity + two clones taken before the flip
  • 1 plant grown from seed to maturity, + two clones from grow #1 + one clone taken before the flip
  • 1 plant grown from seed to maturity, + three clones from previous grows + one clone taken before the flip, destroy one clone from previous grows when taking the clone from this grow
  • repeat last grow for remaining seeds that are part of the pheno hunt
  • cross your two best clones for F1 seed
The time for the new seed to get through to the flip, gives you time to cure and test the bud from previous grows. You are looking at tying up your grow limit for over a year with a one-strain, four seed pheno hunt. I'd be going the self-pollinated route instead, as it will allow more than one strain to be grown simultaneously. At a later date you'd be able to cross your best of the strain, if you wanted to. With the one clone per plant limit, you'll need to start them as soon as possible since you may lose some cuttings trying to root them.

Why not go for your medical card? I have a 2gm/day prescription, and applied for a grow license. It took almost six months to get my first one, but it adds 10 plants to my limit. (10 medical + 4 recreational) I can PM the contact info for the national medical group I used if you want it. This makes it much easier to pheno hunt if you want to go that route.

Thank you for the post, Old Salt; that is some food for thought. I had never mentally gone through the whole process so it is sober to realize, "You are looking at tying up your grow limit for over a year with a one-strain, four seed pheno hunt."

I worked with a few fellas who had medical licenses before legalization and I remember one talking about how I think the police did a surprise inspection of his grow to make sure he was in compliance so my worry is that by getting a grow license you give up your right to privacy? That is what is stopping me. I am a law bidding citizen these days but the last thing I need is some hotshot cop in my place looking for infractions because I am pretty sure they would not confine themselves to the grow.

Inspections - What to Expect - Information Package - Canada.ca

1. Why are licensed producers being inspected?
As members of a regulated industry, all licensed producers are subject to inspections by Health Canada to verify compliance with the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) and its regulations, as well as the Food and Drugs Act (FDA) and its regulations. Health Canada can inspect the operations of a licensed producer at any reasonable time to confirm that the applicable legislative and regulatory requirements are being met.

4. What can be expected during inspections?
The following list provides examples of areas an inspector may focus on during an inspection. It should be noted that this list is not exhaustive, and is not presented in any order of priority. For further information, please visit the Compliance and Enforcement web page.

An inspection may include:

• verification of the physical security requirements for the site;
  • confirmation that the activities being conducted by the licensed producer correspond to those indicated on the licensed producer's licence;
  • verification of the site's coordinates, and identification of key personnel;
  • identification of the legal source from which the licensed producer obtains their starting materials;
  • demonstration of safekeeping of substances during transportation;
  • verification of compliance with the ACMPR in setting a maximum quantity of dried marijuana sold to registered clients;
  • confirmation that standard operating procedures (SOPs) as required by the ACMPR have been established;
  • verification that the licensed producer is meeting the requirements of Good Production Practices (GPP), including use of pest control products;
  • verification of destruction procedures (on-site, off-site);
  • verification of record keeping procedures; and
  • verification of reporting methods for loss or theft, adverse reactions, dried marijuana and cannabis oil recalls, and changes of key personnel.
8. What records may be reviewed during an inspection?
As per Division 5 of the ACMPR, sections 152-171, licensed producers are required to retain records, documents, and information in a manner that will enable an inspector to confirm and verify the information contained in the documents. The records must be available at the site prior to the completion of the inspection.

Examples of records that must be kept include:

• notices to Authorities and Health Canada (licence and security clearance);
  • security measures: visual recordings and other security-related records;
  • Good Production Practices records: production, packaging and labelling, sanitation program, Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs), list of all brands produced;
  • Quality Assurance (QA): qualifications of QA person, complaints and actions taken, testing results;
  • production records for each batch of marijuana propagated, sowed, harvested or dried, the date on which each activity took place, and the total net weight of the substance;
  • production records for each batch of cannabis oil produced, the date on which the activity took place, and the total net weight of the substance;
  • destruction records: date of destruction, name of the substance, net weight, location, destruction method, names and qualifications of the witnesses with signed statements and the name of the person who accompanied the cannabis;
  • quarterly inventory records of the net weight of: seeds, harvested marijuana for which the drying process has and has not been completed, marijuana that is destined for destruction, packaged marijuana, and cannabis other than marijuana (name and weight for each substance);
  • recall and adverse reactions: control system, case reports, information required to be submitted to Health Canada and annual reports;
  • registration: application, amendment refusal and cancellation (documents sent and received), healthcare practitioner verification, client's unique identifier (manner and date it was communicated, copies); and
  • processing records, verbal orders, transaction records (name, address, date, indication and brand name), and returns.
Most records required under the ACMPR must be kept for a period of two years after the date the record was created. Other records, such as serious adverse reaction case reports must be kept for a period of 25 years after the day the records were created. Licensed producers should refer to sections 78 and 169(3) of the ACMPR for information regarding adverse reaction reporting.

This is not my cup of tea... :confused:

Thank you for the post, Old Salt; that is some food for thought. I had never mentally gone through the whole process so it is sober to realize, "You are looking at tying up your grow limit for over a year with a one-strain, four seed pheno hunt."

I worked with a few fellas who had medical licenses before legalization and I remember one talking about how I think the police did a surprise inspection of his grow to make sure he was in compliance so my worry is that by getting a grow license you give up your right to privacy? That is what is stopping me. I am a law bidding citizen these days but the last thing I need is some hotshot cop in my place looking for infractions because I am pretty sure they would not confine themselves to the grow.

I've had a license for three years. The only time I had the police here is when I called them after a theft of plants. You are required to do this, and e-mail the Minister of Health if you have a theft. They did not come into the house as outdoor plants were stolen.

I've had a license for three years. The only time I had the police here is when I called them after a theft of plants. You are required to do this, and e-mail the Minister of Health if you have a theft. They did not come into the house as outdoor plants were stolen.

I appreciate the time you took to inform me about medical grows but everyone is different and I don't feel it is worth it if it means the gov't has a right to enter my home anytime even if they never do.

I appreciate the time you took to inform me about medical grows but everyone is different and I don't feel it is worth it if it means the gov't has a right to enter my home anytime even if they never do.

I respect that.

FYI, the ACMPR has been folded into the Cannabis Act - Enabling Regulations, starting here. The Cannabis act is here. I can't say with any certainty whether the items you quoted are in force under the new rules. The references in those items are broken at the very least.

Under the Cannabis Act...
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part 7
Inspections

Power to enter

Para 86
(1)
Subject to subsection (7), an inspector may, for a purpose related to verifying compliance or preventing non-compliance with the provisions of this Act or of the regulations, enter any place, including a conveyance, in which they believe on reasonable grounds
  • (a) an activity that may be regulated under this Act is being conducted;

Entering private property

(6)
The inspector and any individual accompanying them may enter and pass through private property, other than a dwelling-house on that property, in order to gain entry to a place referred to in subsection (1). For greater certainty, they are not liable for doing so.

Warrant required to enter dwelling-house

(7)
In the case of a dwelling-house, an inspector may enter it only with the consent of an occupant or under the authority of a warrant issued under subsection (8).

Authority to issue warrant

(8)
A justice may, on ex parte application, issue a warrant authorizing the inspector named in it to enter a place and exercise any of the powers mentioned in paragraphs (2)(a) to (n), subject to any conditions that are specified in the warrant, if the justice is satisfied by information on oath that

(a) the place is a dwelling-house but otherwise meets the conditions for entry described in subsection (1);

(b) entry to the dwelling-house is necessary for the purpose of verifying compliance or preventing non-compliance with the provisions of this Act or of the regulations; and

(c) entry to the dwelling-house has been refused or there are reasonable grounds to believe that entry will be refused.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This applies to both recreational and medical grows.

No Kidding. This cop in Revelstoke got a warrant because the plants were visible during a a charity garden tour of this couples own home! What an a..hat!

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappen...ts-spotted-on-a-charity-garden-tour-1.5237826

This applies to both recreational and medical grows.

But the gov't doesn't know if you have a recreational grow so there is no chance of inspection but as soon as you apply for a medical they are aware you are growing so inspections are possible.

A few years ago a girl about 20 comes to my house and is a subcontractor for the gas co. and says she needs to change my gas meter. So after she changes the meter she does a leak test and tells me I have a leak so she shuts off my gas and says I need to call a contractor to fix the leak and the pipe going into my house needs to be wrapped?

So I called a contractor which comes out the same day and they take out the pipe and wrap it with what looks like electrical tape and put it back and tested the system and said I had no leak. Being a millwright the idea of putting electrical tape on a heavy schedule pipe is pointless and they said when the girl tested my system she must have used too much pressure because gas comes to your house at about one quarter of a lb/square inch and if you test higher than that your stove will leak.

This is why I hate letting people into my house because these contractors are paid to find problems that don't exist. It cost me close to $200 to fix those problems that didn't exist.

Since my last post, the city just visited and want to book an appointment to change my water meter, IN MY HOUSE!!! Karma??? lol...
lol, I went through the same ordeal last summer before legalization. For 20 years the gas company never showed up. I get a plantation on my deck, the one and only time in 20 years, and now I have a gas leak where the plants are at. For two days I thought the cops were gonna show up as they did the work. Funny how life does that.

lol, I went through the same ordeal last summer before legalization. For 20 years the gas company never showed up. I get a plantation on my deck, the one and only time in 20 years, and now I have a gas leak where the plants are at. For two days I thought the cops were gonna show up as they did the work. Funny how life does that.

I had to talk to 3 different people but I got an extension because I have to go for surgery next week. A vivid reminder of how much I hate dealing with bureaucracies. I think I will be sticking to four plants, lol...

Rumor has it I am getting a delivery tomorrow before noon.... :party:

A few years ago a girl about 20 comes to my house and is a subcontractor for the gas co. and says she needs to change my gas meter. So after she changes the meter she does a leak test and tells me I have a leak so she shuts off my gas and says I need to call a contractor to fix the leak and the pipe going into my house needs to be wrapped?

So I called a contractor which comes out the same day and they take out the pipe and wrap it with what looks like electrical tape and put it back and tested the system and said I had no leak. Being a millwright the idea of putting electrical tape on a heavy schedule pipe is pointless and they said when the girl tested my system she must have used too much pressure because gas comes to your house at about one quarter of a lb/square inch and if you test higher than that your stove will leak.

This is why I hate letting people into my house because these contractors are paid to find problems that don't exist. It cost me close to $200 to fix those problems that didn't exist.
I can relate Homer, I once had an energy audit done on my house as part of a grant program that included an air infiltration test done with an exhaust fan in my front door. Once I had the work completed they came back and did the same test to check the difference. While the girl was setting the fan up I told her that there was a window on the second floor bathroom that was open, she said not to worry about it. Sure enough, her readings were actually worse and I got nothing but grief from the rebate program. Did I mention that I was a building inspector for 10 years? :eek:

I can relate Homer, I once had an energy audit done on my house as part of a grant program that included an air infiltration test done with an exhaust fan in my front door. Once I had the work completed they came back and did the same test to check the difference. While the girl was setting the fan up I told her that there was a window on the second floor bathroom that was open, she said not to worry about it. Sure enough, her readings were actually worse and I got nothing but grief from the rebate program. Did I mention that I was a building inspector for 10 years? :eek:

I know the test you are talking about because the folks I bought my house from enrolled in the grant program because they put in a high-efficiency furnace so I had the final test done. It is basically a test to measure how drafty your house is so I can see an open window might be an issue. :rolleyes: How could someone trained to do the test think leaving a window open is ok? Maybe she is besties with my gas lady, lol....

Tada!!!
1.jpg

3.jpg

Plugging this monster in I was quite impressed with the intensity of light it throws off!! My old light is a
VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 600W LED which draws 260W but this behemoth only draws 600W but seems to give off waaaaayyyyyy more than twice as much light. Very impressed so far.

Because it is so bright and I am only budding 2 plants at once I am thinking of hooking up a Pulse width modulation (PWM) controller as a dimmer because it is good for 5'x5' in flower but my area will only be about 3'x3', that way I should get a nice even light over my whole area. According to the company, who were efficient and helpful, they are dimmable LED's.

Sweet rig, that will give you both coverage and penetration.

Thanks, Penny, it is pretty sweet. I could not have asked for a better prize. I love the fact it will just about cover my whole growing area so the whole thing gets nice even light!!

Back
Top Bottom