Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

Congrats on the new test grid Homer!
Thanks, Shed. Those are amazing little cameras for the price but hard to see what I have with that little screen and my old eyes.

Tada!!! My Gorilla Glue has broken ground. :party: But of course, my Bubba Kush is late. :rofl:

GG4 (2)1.jpg

These pics I took with my iPhone so the color balance is off under the blurples but I am starting a new timelapse with my new Budda Kush with my camcorder. The first attempt at timelapse has taught me focus and exposure is hard to get exactly right with the little LED screens on my camcorders so I downloaded a test grid and test exposure chart and hooked my camcorder up to a big tv to check it.

[-p[p'=-.jpg

iop;;o.jpg
:happy-birthday:

It seems that Amazon orders are being delayed in Canada. Most of what I ordered today won't arrive until the middle of May.
Hmmmm... I ordered two things from Amazon Thurs. and they arrived Friday. I assume my orders were filled in Canada and didn't require a border crossing and I didn't order toilet paper. :p

The stuff I ordered is in Canada too. Amazon is backed up, and it's getting worse not better. They are running with reduced staff, as the employees are now allowed to stay at home if they wish.

The stuff I ordered is in Canada too. Amazon is backed up, and it's getting worse not better. They are running with reduced staff, as the employees are now allowed to stay at home if they wish.

That is bad news. I guess I got lucky before the rush. Thanks for the update Old Salt. :thumb:

Sorry but it is again rant time. Anyone following my journal at all knows I have been struggling to germinate my Pre-98 seeds without success getting one sickly plant from 7 seeds 6 of which didn't germinate.

So giving up on Pre-98's I got some Bubba Kush from Dr. Seeds because apparently they are related to Pre-98's and that god damn #$%^&* seed didn't break ground either. The consensus seems to be that this strain has a narcotic sedating effect like no other strain and it is the only one I can't grow which is very frustrating.

And the 3 cuttings I took from the sickly only Pre-98 plant I have managed to grow look like all are not going to survive and will be my first cuttings to die. This strain truly is my nemesis. My GG4 I planted with the Bubba Kush came up 2 days ago. The great promise of this connoisseur strain is only equaled by the frustration it has caused me.

And to add to the frustration I have had my camcorder pointed at my failed Bubba pot hoping it would be my next time-lapse vid but it never came up but the GG4 that I didn't record did come up so now I can't even make a time-lapse of this crop. What irks me is why am I the only person in the world who can't grow this strain when I can grow anything else. That was a rhetorical question; please feel free to ignore this because I know my whining about it must be getting pretty tiresome.

V.C.D.C. and Nightingale were the same for me. I don't know if they were from a bad batch of seed, or if it was something I did.
I don't get it either. I seem to know what I am doing besides this strain but no one else is complaining.

Recovered from my recent devastating seed loss I see a lot of good things in the garden. And it wasn't the seed that died that was so crippling instead it was that I had my camcorder pointed at the one that didn't survive so I can't make a vid for this generation and being in lockdown I was really counting on the distraction. Oh well.

As some may know I was planning on growing for the first time two plants in two 10 gallon containers instead of two plants in two 5 gallon containers but now that the one has died it struck me that it may make more sense just to grow one big plant in one 10 gallon container. My best plant flowered mostly alone because its companion died midway through flower but that was only in a 5 gallon pot and it produced 10 ounces so I think I may see what I can get with just one planted in a 10 gallon. My one big plant that flowered alone pretty much took up the whole 3’ x 3’ area under the light so if I veg this one a little longer it should be a monster!

Here are the ladies about a month into flower looking generally pretty healthy for this stage but showing a few cracks in the armor leaf wise but still my healthiest crop to date by pretty much adhering to the Greenleaf recommendations.

IMG_00481.JPG

In about a week I have only had a few bad leaves which is really good for this phase.

IMG_0037.JPG

But a lot of my top leaves are developing some pinhead-sized light spots? I am currently at 6g/gal MC so I doubt it is lockout so it is most likely a deficiency. I honestly have no idea how people are determining what is lacking by looking at their leaves because I have looked at a few guides and they seem to have conflicting photos and my leaves never seem to match any of the pics?

At this point, I am thinking of increasing my MC to 6.25g/gal and giving it .25g/gal BE? Not knowing what my leaves are telling me other than they are not happy I am not sure what they need so opinions are welcome.

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

Overall though my lower leaves are looking pretty good.

IMG_004812.JPG

Despite all my crying about my P 98’s there is actually a little good news on that front. Despite being a sickly plant my only P 98 that survived is actually budding up well enough so I should hopefully get a few ounces so I will be able to test out to see if it’s worth trying to grow more of this god forsaken variety.

IMG_004812211w.JPG

IMG_004812211w1.JPG

But it is one strange plant. It was a runt in veg but stretched more than any other plant in flower giving internodal distances of about 6 inches. Also about a week into flower it just started falling over so I had to actually stake it upright. And the main trunk is one rough looking thing to behold but it's still alive and I'm praying it gets to the end.

IMG_004812211w11.JPG

IMG_004812211w121.JPG

Can't put any more pic on this post so more to come soon.

My Dr. Seeds 1:20 is flowering up nicely and overall I am very happy with this plant. It is a healthy big nicely flowering plant so far which is encouraging for my less than week-old Dr. Seeds Gorilla Glue.

IMG_004812211.JPG

IMG_00481221.JPG

Along for the ride, just put in a Dr. Seed order for GG4# & White Tahoe Cookies:thumb:

Just the two? They have several promo codes. I used '3 FOR 2' and got a third strain 'free.'
GG#4, 1:20, and Auto Bubba Kush

Along for the ride, just put in a Dr. Seed order for GG4# & White Tahoe Cookies:thumb:

Cool, welcome aboard.

Just the two? They have several promo codes. I used '3 FOR 2' and got a third strain 'free.'
GG#4, 1:20, and Auto Bubba Kush

Cool, I have the 1:20 about a month into flower and my GG#4 broke ground about a week ago. Not going to talk about my Bubba Kush. :( You certainly are full of good info there Old Salt; if my current Dr. Seeds work out I will use a code, would like to try their Bruce Banner. Thanks.

On closer examination, my upper leaves that are getting pinhead-sized light spots are worse the closer they are to the LEDs so I think it may be an early form of light burn and not necessarily a nutritional deficiency. Anyways, now I am at 6 g per gallon MC and .25 g per gallon of BE and so far this definitely seems to be my healthiest plant being conservative with the nutes.

On closer examination, my upper leaves that are getting pinhead-sized light spots are worse the closer they are to the LEDs so I think it may be an early form of light burn and not necessarily a nutritional deficiency. Anyways, now I am at 6 g per gallon MC and .25 g per gallon of BE and so far this definitely seems to be my healthiest plant being conservative with the nutes.
I am of the opinion that light burn has a more feathered look to it that manifests on the top of the ripple on leaves. This doesnt look like light burn to me. At least, all the burns I have made with my particular LED light looked feathered.

I am of the opinion that light burn has a more feathered look to it that manifests on the top of the ripple on leaves. This doesnt look like light burn to me. At least, all the burns I have made with my particular LED light looked feathered.
Since posting I have changed my mind and I think you are right Baron. It is worse closer to the lights but I checked my light intensity at 24" where I keep my plants compared to outside on a sunny day with my old light meter and it is 3 stops or 1/8 the intensity under my light compared to an actual sunny day. So I can't see it being light burn. I think I have a deficiency or lockout that is making my leaves ultra-sensitive to light. Thanks for the input mate.

Back
Top Bottom