Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

Yea majority of bulking happens those
Last few weeks but she is looking right on point! Big whispy hairs and frost!

I got almost a lemonade cleaner smell with my girl wondering if it’s similar to yours?

Excellent. Glad to hear she should bulk up because other than the buds seeming a little fluffy for this stage I am pretty happy with it; good big healthy plant (showing stress signs but I blame MC or my dosing). Thanks Dutch.

It has been a very strange plant because the first 2 to 3 weeks after flipping I had a mouldy smell like I had a leak in my basement causing wet carpets and I was actually fairly concerned about it for a few days till I realized it was my 1:20. But about the last three weeks yes, it has had a very nice pleasant fruity smell with very sticky buds.

Yep, raunchy can be very good with cannabis.
I suspected you were referring to a different type of ladies but all good to hear. lol.

It has been a very strange plant because the first 2 to 3 weeks after flipping I had a mouldy smell like I had a leak in my basement causing wet carpets and I was actually fairly concerned about it for a few days till I realized it was my 1:20. But about the last three weeks yes, it has had a very nice pleasant fruity smell with very sticky buds.
[/QUOTE]
Morning Homer, I to often get a moldy smell, always right at the end of veg. Almost like the plants are telling you they are ready and it is time to flip. Damn smell made me clean up the basement,,,,twice... :peace: :lot-o-toke:

Homer, glad i slipped and fell on your thread, I really like the 1:20, like the thought of having four of those in my 5 x 5 tent to try out a scrog net. I put it in my little black book, not the same one where I keep my raunchy girls numbers. Lol Looking good. Cheers

Morning Homer, I to often get a moldy smell, always right at the end of veg. Almost like the plants are telling you they are ready and it is time to flip. Damn smell made me clean up the basement,,,,twice... :peace: :lot-o-toke:
[/QUOTE]
I am not as proactive as you; I just lived with the smell, lol. Mine actually didn't stink until about the second week into veg. Strains act so differently.

Homer, glad i slipped and fell on your thread, I really like the 1:20, like the thought of having four of those in my 5 x 5 tent to try out a scrog net. I put it in my little black book, not the same one where I keep my raunchy girls numbers. Lol Looking good. Cheers
Thanks, BudShark. So far so good with the 1:20 but I am getting my usual leaf yellowing which has nothing to do with the strain instead probably MC or my application of it. I will be posting a report soon I assume no one really wants to read.:p

I think your in the know and many poeple are waiting to hear it. Cheers
Thank you, BudShark but I fear many people may be in for a disappointment. :oops: Hopefully, I will post my report later today.

My Dr. Seeds Gorilla Glue seems to be doing very well looking happy and healthy in her 10-gallon pot but at this stage, almost all of my plants are nice and healthy. It's a long road but it looks like an encouraging beginning.

IMG_00194.jpg

Trying to take the conservative route this grow when I started to have some leaf problems I cut back my MC from 6 g per gallon with .25 g per gallon of BE to just 5.5 g per gallon of MC and all hell broke loose. Apparently I wasn't having lockouts I was having deficiencies because now that I am back up to 6 g per gallon MC and .25 g per gallon BE they seem somewhat healthy again.

I believe the reason @Emilya, whose advice I took to lower my dosages, can succeed with so much less MC is because she adds Vulux as she stated which I don’t. I have spent the last several grows getting to the end with decent yields but all over the map with my MC dosages. I think the main thing I learned from Emilya as she stated in her journal, “Too much MC can present as magnesium, iron, and potassium deficiencies, and burned tips. Too little MC can present as magnesium, iron, calcium and potassium deficiencies.”.

This is the paradox that I think has been causing me to chase my tail with MC. Whether you use too little or too much your plant generally looks the same which has made dosage for me a real conundrum. To add to my confusion the MC website says that it takes 2 to 3 weeks for changes in dosage to become apparent in the plant which adds to the fact I don’t know whether I should be going up and down once I start adjusting.

Unfortunately, all of the P-98 (which I will refer to from now on as the Devil Seed) cuttings I took are either dead or dying so I won’t be able to experiment on them but once my Gorilla Glue goes into flower I am going to take four cuttings from it and give one cutting five the other six and the other 7 g of MC and the final one I will give the recommended 6 g with the recommended amount of BE. So instead of chasing my tail adjusting for what I think the plant wants I am going to give each plant a steady max dosage in flower. It really does amaze me what an extremely narrow band of MC the plants want. It makes me wonder if there really is even a sweet spot in flower which hopefully my pending experiment will determine.

IMG_0`078.jpg

I am very happy so far with my Dr. Seeds 1:20. It has been a big healthy vigorous growing plant throughout its entire life and one of the stickiest most resinous plants I have grown. The only criticism I have is the buds are a little on the small not very dense side but the amount of them should make up for that for a good yield. All in all a winner.

IMG_00080.jpg

I have some yellowing from when I reduced its dosages but it seems to have rebounded and seems pretty healthy both top and bottom.

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

Now for the Devil Seed. Despite being a so-called connoisseur strain this is by far the worst strain I have grown in every category. First I could only get one out of seven seeds to sprout then it develops some strange leaf curling hypersensitivity in veg that I think was due to low humidity but not sure because the Dr. Seeds plant in the same environment was perfectly happy. And then when I dropped it's dosage a bit it totally freaked out and I think there's a good chance it will die because it is hardly taking any water and its leaves are curled like claws now looking awfully yellow and sick. And the biggest most shocking discovery is that now six weeks and 3 days since flip it is not in the least bit sticky or stinky which was supposed to be the big selling point how dank it was. And remarkably all the cuttings I took from it died despite they actually had roots. On every level, this is the worst plant I have grown by leaps and bounds.

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_00098.jpg

I have been playing around with the biggest selling photo editing program and unfortunately the edition I have is the only one that isn’t sold by subscription so it isn’t supported anymore so it is almost impossible to load textures which is a major drawback for 3-D. Because of that, I am switching to an open-source program called Blender I just found. It may be a few weeks before I become proficient at it but oddly enough I have the time. :rolleyes: :meditate::party:

Pineapple Chunk was hypersensitive to any changes in environment until it was well into flower. Others claim to do well with it though.
I think that with my P-98 is a mystery for the ages. It is confounding others have no issues.

I think the best advice I got on MC was from MrS who said watch the lower leaves, and when they start to yellow slightly bump the MC. I've been doing that with my two in flower and I'm only at 5g/gallon about 7 weeks into flower. Unless I'm seeing another deficiency (like Ca), which that would be another reason to bump the dose.
I believe the reason Emilya, whose advice I took to lower my dosages, can succeed with so much less MC is because she adds Vulux as she stated which I don’t.
A good reason not to just take anyone's grow advice as your own unless you know their entire system. Emilya also is using re-used LOS. And Dutch changed his lights, added CO2, and also adding GLN supplements. No way to say that the supplements are really knocking that grow out of the park!

I think the best advice I got on MC was from MrS who said watch the lower leaves, and when they start to yellow slightly bump the MC. I've been doing that with my two in flower and I'm only at 5g/gallon about 7 weeks into flower. Unless I'm seeing another deficiency (like Ca), which that would be another reason to bump the dose.

A good reason not to just take anyone's grow advice as your own unless you know their entire system. Emilya also is using re-used LOS. And Dutch changed his lights, added CO2, and also adding GLN supplements. No way to say that the supplements are really knocking that grow out of the park!

That sounds like good advice from Mr.S as that is usually where my problems start. In her defense Emilya did detail her entire system in her journal and why she thought her dosage may be lower so I followed with my eyes open but I had tried everything else without great success so I figured what did I have to lose and I did solicit her advice. But I agree with her overall belief that often people are getting lockout with too much MC because when I was trying over 6.5 in previous grows I wasn't getting good results either.

I know I am knit-picking but being retired and on lockdown getting things really dialed in is an interesting experiment. I suspect about 6.5 would be good for this strain. I am every generation going to keep trying to dial it in.

Back
Top Bottom