Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

So other than finding out I have prostate cancer on Friday
:thedoubletake: So sorry to hear that Homer. I hope you have a great medical team.
They do help and I am talking to SweetSue so I am in good hands. :meditate:
I was going to say that SweetSue is posting a lot of info on prostate cancer lately, but you've probably already seen it all. Only other thing I've found out is that having a lower PSA doesn't mean that the cancer is being destroyed. There are known "herbs" out there that will lower your PSA without having any effect on the cancer. Just wanted to pass that along in case it was missing from your research.

:goodluck:

I didn't know what to say the other day Homer and I still don't now.
Most of us don't know anybody on here except a member name, and we're no different. But being a part of a member's grow and feeling the love others have to give, it makes it feel like we are all one family in some shape or form. I wish there was more I could say or do but you're very independant from what I've learned. Having said that, if there is anything you need send me a PM. It's what we Canadians do eh.

:thedoubletake: So sorry to hear that Homer. I hope you have a great medical team.

I was going to say that SweetSue is posting a lot of info on prostate cancer lately, but you've probably already seen it all. Only other thing I've found out is that having a lower PSA doesn't mean that the cancer is being destroyed. There are known "herbs" out there that will lower your PSA without having any effect on the cancer. Just wanted to pass that along in case it was missing from your research.

:goodluck:

Thanks, Shed; that is very kind of you. We are pretty lucky up here with our medical system so I am researching to see who I want my team to be. Thanks for the info about herbs and PSA levels; you really do know everything, LOL.

I didn't know what to say the other day Homer and I still don't now.
Most of us don't know anybody on here except a member name, and we're no different. But being a part of a member's grow and feeling the love others have to give, it makes it feel like we are all one family in some shape or form. I wish there was more I could say or do but you're very independant from what I've learned. Having said that, if there is anything you need send me a PM. It's what we Canadians do eh.

For a man that doesn’t know what to say you said it pretty good Sauaga. I know exactly what you mean about this feeling like a family; I just wanted to know how to grow and didn’t expect to find so many great people. I don’t know if cannabis makes people nice or nice people use cannabis but I used to be on a distilling site and drinkers aren’t nearly as friendly. Seriously.

I appreciate your generous offer for any help but despite being single I am close with some family and some old friends so I’m lucky to have lots of support. Thanks again, buddy.

Back to growing. Here my next generation is on the 17th day looking pretty healthy and starting to really grow fast now. The leaves are looking not quite as green as I would like so I think the next watering I will bump up the nutes from 1.5 g/L up to 3 g/L. I have had the big plants on 7 g/L for about a week now and so far no tips turning brown so I think I will wait another week and then go to 7 1/2g/L. Pushing the limit just like you say Sauga!! :thumb: I also picked up some ProMix HP today for these little ladies.

!cid_ed85b5cb-d485-4b9d-afca-1fe9ad3d7cab@namprd19_prod_outlook.jpg

!cid_f5991ada-25e0-4698-91ce-24cf267384ab@namprd19_prod_outlook.jpg

Good looking youngins

Thanks, Penny. I forgot to mention in the post the bigger one is a Critical and the little lady is a Dinamed.

I'm watching your grams Homer! I stopped at 6.2 on the Candidas but I'll head higher if yours come through fine :).

That is where I stopped previously because that is the max they recommend but Sauga thinks it really is important to push them till the tips burn and then back off a bit so they are getting max they can handle and after his Pineapple Express extravaganza I am all ears. I just switched from MegaCrop 1.0 to 2.0 so that may be a hiccup.

The leaves are looking not quite as green as I would like so I think the next watering I will bump up the nutes from 1.5 g/L up to 3 g/L.
When they are young it doesn't take much to overfeed them. Three grams /L sounds awfully high. Are you sure about those numbers? Even at late flower the dose GN says is around 1.6g/L.
I have had the big plants on 7 g/L for about a week now and so far no tips turning brown so I think I will wait another week and then go to 7 1/2g/L.
Again, those numbers are odd. Do you mean per gallon?
I just switched from MegaCrop 1.0 to 2.0 so that may be a hiccup
Well you most likely will have to go by what you have learned since I have not tested the latest version out. I would think a slight reduction based on their new formula.

When they are young it doesn't take much to overfeed them. Three grams /L sounds awfully high. Are you sure about those numbers? Even at late flower the dose GN says is around 1.6g/L.

Again, those numbers are odd. Do you mean per gallon?

Well you most likely will have to go by what you have learned since I have not tested the latest version out. I would think a slight reduction based on their new formula.

Yes, Sauga; you are totally correct in that all those g/L should have been grams per Gallon!!! D'oh.. Thanks for the save. Hope nobody took those recommendations, lol.

Day 29 of Flower.

The girls are looking extremely healthy and happy. I have given them 7 g per gallon of MegaCrop for a few days and if I don’t notice any brown tips in a few more waterings I will be going to 7 ½ g per gallon.

My little minimalist experiment seems to be working out pretty well; by not adjusting the pH of my water and only using a single nute system now that I have everything set up it takes about 10 minutes a day to do my watering and inspect things. Every three months I have to repot two plants and take cuttings or drop a few seeds and that is the only extra work I have.

I don’t want to go overboard and sacrifice bud volume or quality by cutting back so I will let my next harvest dictate where I go but it looks like taking a minimalist approach is giving me maximum results but the true test of budding is just beginning.

Here are the girls today; White Widow on the left and Cannatonic on the right. I know it’s a crappy photo under the burple lights but the White Widow in the second photo is budding up nice for this stage.

!cid_a4ef84c0-49af-4a34-b1c4-15f82c43f83a@namprd19_prod_outlook.jpg

!cid_05fcb794-3f63-4efd-890c-d324879de4ea@namprd19_prod_outlook.jpg

Back
Top Bottom