How I perform low stress training on my plants: Lots of pics!

Auto. This one here is a 60 day lemon. Ive got 2 more a sweet tooth and a Royal Cheese. That i just popped in put in soil all autos

Attachments

• 20190228_180925.jpg
    20190228_180925.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 286
Great info.
Just a quick clarification please. So once you do your first tie down do you wait for a few days then add the new growth to the original tie down or do you add another tie down just for the new growth. In a different direction then tie down #1?
Anything that is tall enough to lay down I will tie whenever it's ready. That can be at the same time as the top or a few days later when they start their growth spurt.

As the lower growth starts getting the hormones, I tie them down in a direction away from the main and away from the other branches. I like to leave room to tie additional growth into the empty spaces.

These little ones are photos so I don't have the time constraints. But I noticed that as soon as I bent them over the main stalk got thick. Which is good.
Great thread @InTheShed
Hope there is room for some photoperiod LST here.

30days old. 1.5gl hempy bucket. 100% perlite. The res on the hempy bucket is almost a third of the total volume.
First bend after some recovery.
King Tut, And Jack Herer

My opinion: wait until they get a bit taller next time and don't flatten them so flat. Read from the beginning and you'll see what I mean. Taking them down to 90º at that age is more high stress, something that not all autos have time for.
yes definitely gonna wait until bigger
. it seemed high syress cuz it was laying flat. I was scared lol. I read your post a few times and I'm gonna do exactly as it says . after its bent over i want it even with top of pot!!!!!! Thanks man

yes definitely gonna wait until bigger
. it seemed high syress cuz it was laying flat. I was scared lol. I read your post a few times and I'm gonna do exactly as it says . after its bent over i want it even with top of pot!!!!!! Thanks man
I was just looking at another grower who bent the plant early, and you can see that if you start below the rim of the pot the stem will always be going up, rather than flat or below level as it could be if you start the bend above the rim.

I was just looking at another grower who bent the plant early, and you can see that if you start below the rim of the pot the stem will always be going up, rather than flat or below level as it could be if you start the bend above the rim.
Thanks a ton. When is a good time to start training it? I have 2 others that just came up March 1st. And when i start bending it to train it is it for a few minutes at first? Or do i just wait until its tall enough and tie it to the rim of my pot?

Thanks a ton. When is a good time to start training it? I have 2 others that just came up March 1st. And when i start bending it to train it is it for a few minutes at first? Or do i just wait until its tall enough and tie it to the rim of my pot?
I let it go up so that the bend will eventually be at least at the height of the rim of the pot, but I don't expect the plant to take a 90º bend in a day, so I do about 30º a day. Always making sure the opposite side is supported just below the bend (I use a rock to hold the level of the opposite tie to the right height).

I let it go up so that the bend will eventually be at least at the height of the rim of the pot, but I don't expect the plant to take a 90º bend in a day, so I do about 30º a day. Always making sure the opposite side is supported just below the bend (I use a rock to hold the level of the opposite tie to the right height).
Cool. So basicall a little at a time. Awesome thanks

My two cents: where the main is going up, bend that around the edge of the pot and keep it level. As long as it's higher than the lower growth the plant knows it has an apical stem.

I would have started the bend two inches higher to make it easier to flatten, but as long as you keep it flush with the pot edge, the lowers will grow.
I have been moving the tie down. As the top grows I've been moving it. I'll try and train it as the other nodes grow out some.

Back
Top Bottom