How I perform low stress training on my plants: Lots of pics!

Ok Shed, that’s an awesome write up with pics to
Go Along, I’m almost 40 and still
Read picture books so I understood 100%. Can’t wait till my next round of autos. This truly is the BEST community in the world! Happy Growing my friend, :D:thanks::slide: Thanks

Ok Shed, that’s an awesome write up with pics to
Go Along, I’m almost 40 and still
Read picture books so I understood 100%. Can’t wait till my next round of autos. This truly is the BEST community in the world! Happy Growing my friend, :D:thanks::slide: Thanks
I hope it's helpful for you SG! This is a great place to share and learn and vent and laugh :). I'll be here to answer any questions for you when you get the next seeds sowed.

Since I just took down the Blue Treacle Auto I used for most of this thread (100 days), I thought I would show you how it turned out.

Here is what it looked like in the earliest stages of flowering:
full

In order to show the structure, I trimmed off all the fans just before I chopped it. (NOTE: I did not let it grow like this...this was 30 seconds before the whole thing came down.)

Here it is rotated into the same position (it was raining when I took these):

And a few other angles. The brown on the cola middle right is where I lost some to bud-rot...the perils of growing fat colas in an uncontrolled environment:

You can see that branches that would be more likely to produce larf instead produced thick and long colas.

And the branches that normally would have been thinned away produced nice thick buds:

Look at the size of the buds on the lower branches on the first and second nodes. Those buds would normally be completely buried by the rest of the plant:

The skeleton:

Nutrient highway:

The harvest post wash:

And in case you're still doubting the value of LST over topping, this cola was the second node, and the longest of the bunch:

Not every auto will look like this after LST as this was a perfect specimen to work with – with a nice long veg. Still, it was the perfect plant to show how LST is done. Some with a shorter veg don't give you the same amount of time to train, but still, low stress training will produce great results without ever making the plant pause to recover.

I didn't get a post-harvest/pre-wash weight because it was raining and I haven't got a waterproof scale! I'll be back to post a final weight and pics of the buds before they go into jars.

:peace:

:oops:Wow. That’s awesome, beauty plant. :D Huge Colas!!!! I can smell and taste it hear! :p

Ha ha ha. No kidding. Beauty grow. :D

The ties can only come off when you know the plant won't move when they're removed. I usually leave them all on until I need to get under the canopy to clean out the undergrowth as seen here. I have a long neck watering can which makes it easy to get in between all the ties so there's no reason to remove them until they're really in the way.

And when I did take them off, the plant didn't budge. It had become the new shape as you can see in the pic of the skeleton.

Just wanted to report back on the final weight for my Low Stress Trained Blue Treacle Auto #2, harvested at 100 days from sprout:

Smokeable bud: 152 grams or 5.4 ounces
Botrytis bud dried: 19 grams or .7 ounces
Total of 6.1 ounces dried. Not bad from an auto grown in the winter sun and under the Samsung strips at night!

[For the record, I include the weight of the botrytis bud in my total weight because it will go into topical oil, and if I didn't use it I would have to use that much more of my smokeable bud. Also, I never weigh my trim as it immediately goes into the trim-bag in the freezer.]

Feel free to ask questions as they come up!

Just wanted to report back on the final weight for my Low Stress Trained Blue Treacle Auto #2, harvested at 100 days from sprout:

Smokeable bud: 152 grams or 5.4 ounces
Botrytis bud dried: 19 grams or .7 ounces
Total of 6.1 ounces dried. Not bad from an auto grown in the winter sun and under the Samsung strips at night!

[For the record, I include the weight of the botrytis bud in my total weight because it will go into topical oil, and if I didn't use it I would have to use that much more of my smokeable bud. Also, I never weigh my trim as it immediately goes into the trim-bag in the freezer.]

Feel free to ask questions as they come up!
Holly crap! That’s amazing I’d say from
An auto!!! I would sure be impressed. Hoping these babies of mine impress me!!!!! Happy growing my friend!! :D
45530849-9E30-4B97-BA0B-BEE56F439936.jpeg
3C4153CC-F8FF-4351-B168-5EEEF3E1CA20.jpeg

Ok great, Thx for the help. I really appreciate it.

Not old at all! If you have a narrow pot then training around the outside will give you more places to anchor. But if you have room beyond the edge, you can also go straight out and continue to tie the branches down to anchors on the floor.
This is pnly my second grow n my seedling is 9 days old wanted to srmtart in a few weeks but never tried. Well once n i snapped it long story. Im on my second grow 60 day lemon n white widow one each. 5 gallon fabric pot.

Back
Top Bottom