How many more days would you guess?

4me2kn0

Just took some close up pics, how much longer do you think until it's ready?

VideoCapture_20230221-201624.jpg

VideoCapture_20230221-201905.jpg

VideoCapture_20230221-202306.jpg

VideoCapture_20230221-202245.jpg

VideoCapture_20230221-201952.jpg

VideoCapture_20230221-202309.jpg

Weeks, not days. You need the hairs red/brown and crinkled. The upside of waiting is the buds will swell and you’ll get much better yield/quality. Also when looking at the trichomes, look on the calyxes, not the leaf tips, it’s a more accurate indicator of ripeness. From what I see they look real nice!

Really? Wow, I wasn't thinking it would be that long.
It is approx 4 to 6 weeks. When did the plant start to show its first signs of flowering?

In theory you could harvest tomorrow if you wanted since it looks like a lot of cloudy trichomes and a few amber. Or, wait 4 more weeks and harvest with more amber.

It would not hurt at all to see a photo showing more of the plant so we can get an idea of its overall health and condition. Especially a photo showing the canopy or flowering area.

I'd have to see a picture of the full bud to give a more accurate recommendation, but being that there are still white pistils and the orange ones are still pretty vibrant, I would guesstimate that you have 4 weeks approx left. I don't go by trichomes though, I go by what the buds look like.

I take down earlier than most growers, amber trichomes are past their best in my opinion
I'd be thinking a week or so - time to pop some fresh beans
I am starting to feel that the idea of waiting longer for amber trichomes has gone a bit overboard.

It is highly unlikely that most of us started smoking weed that had been left in a field for an extra 4 weeks while a farmer waited. Everyday he waits he is faced with one more day of risk that the law will show up and rip the plants out of the ground.

Nor do I feel that the commercial indoor growers of the past 20 to 30 years have said that it is good business sense to pay for another 3 or 4 weeks of electricity while waiting for couch-lock amber. Unlikely they will be able to increase the price enough to make up for that loss.

Plus a lot fewer growers having to toss part of a harvest because of bud-rot or out-of-control mildew that shows up at the week 10 or 11.

Growers can do what they want---it is their crop they will be harvesting but waiting too long does not always make sense.

It is approx 4 to 6 weeks. When did the plant start to show its first signs of flowering?

In theory you could harvest tomorrow if you wanted since it looks like a lot of cloudy trichomes and a few amber. Or, wait 4 more weeks and harvest with more amber.

It would not hurt at all to see a photo showing more of the plant so we can get an idea of its overall health and condition. Especially a photo showing the canopy or flowering area.
More pics

20230224_224547.jpg

20230224_224538.jpg

20230224_224515.jpg

I would harvest in a week. Dial your temps down and humidity if you can. I also dial back the light intensity and go to 10 hours on. I prefer a more energetic high myself so that’s why I harvest early. Hope this helps.
I've heard turning lights off for 48 hours helps develop more trichomes or something?.. do you cut the lights out the last 2 days?

I've heard turning lights off for 48 hours helps develop more trichomes or something?.. do you cut the lights out the last 2 days?
My “bro science” opinion is no. Consider the lifecycle of this wonderful plant, what will two days actually do?? In my opinion 2 days is not enough for any type of reaction from the plant. That’s why I dial it all back(temp,rh,light intensity, light duration) and absolute zero nutrients Period the last 2 weeks. I try my best to assimilate seasonal change the best I can which, depending on grow conditions and environment, vary. Hope this helps, good luck.

V CT
About the only things the 48 hours of dark before harvest will do is increase terpenes, which have their highest concentration after a dark period, but 48 hours isn’t necessary. There is actual science on that, but it has no effect on THC content. It is also said to start the process of using up/breaking down sugars/chlorophyll, there is not a lot of science on that topic.

I usually leave my plants without light and on pretty low temps for 24-48 hours.
I do it because I've noticed that the buds get a bit harder and more purple.
But that mostly happens because of the lower temps not because the darkness.
But you have some more time on that plant.
I would wait at least a week or 2 before I start thinking about harvest.
But everyone harvests at a different stage, depending on what effect you are looking for.

All milky it's time to harvest, amber is trichomes starting to degrade. Can't believe I'm reading times of 4 to 6 weeks. Forums aren't the best place for info I've always heard, now i believe it.
I personally have never seen buds ready to harvest when the stigmas are mostly still white.

Forums in general may not be the best place for info, but this forum is!

Back
Top Bottom