How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

Welcome mate.

Pleased you have gained something from my many failures, as ultimatelt i learned more from my fuck ups than i ever did when things went right.

So the feed schedule is a guide, no different from any guide that comes with any nute company. The only difference is that i mix different brabds and no company will ever do that, with the exception of Buddhas Tree as they recommend base nutes from diff companies but thats only because they dont produce one. Now as a guide it will need tweaked to your grow and i truly cant comment on you gsc without having way more info and pics. However if its picking up and is looking healthy dont worry. The schedule is a guide as i say and may not be perfectly suited for every strain. I am constantly tweaking and evolving what i do and nothing is set in stone. Remember your grow environment is way more important than this feed schedule, this schedule is for optimal conditions.

I start my bloom feed on day 1 of 12/12. I consider that the start of flower period. Ive tried different ways of introducing bloom nutes and the way i list on page 1 is what gives the best results for me.

I havent used bud blood so i cant comment, you will have to try for yourself and find out.

You can swap any supplement for any like for like but whether it has the same overall result you will have to see. I swear by Buddhas Tree products. Im not affiliated to any company, i wish i was because my nutes bills are mental on a yearly basis. I just share what ive found and Buddhas Tree are the only complete products id use andcwhen you look at what they sell it makes sense and is no where near as confusing as AN products.

I do a heavy prune 2 or 3 days before flip. But this must be done on healthy plants. When you flip your plants go into a superdrive of growth and they will recover and grow quickly if your plants are healthy and environment is optimal.

For harvest make sure you flush plain water at least 7 full daya, it will not only clean shit out of plants but will boost yield and quality guaranteed. I wet trim and hang branches in a dark room between 16-19c with lots air flow and humidity set at 50-55rh. A proper cure takes months and environmental control is crucial just like a fine cognac to a regular brandy, it can come down to the tiniest detail. But we will go into it when you are at that stage of work.

One day i might write a book, i may even include some stories in it on living the life as a cultivator but for now 420 will do....

Peace.

Well thanks for all those fuck ups then cult!! Saves folks like me the hassle .

Why is it you switch from AN ph perfect to Ionic Bloom in flower if u already have a good base to hand?

There seems to b a lot of debate around the actual flower starting time with people saying that timing it wrong can result in early finishing plants forced by giving all nutes too soon.. (one of those guys being yourself but from a post dated back to 2013) so I guess views can change with experience and I certainly won't argue it!

Cheers for the speedy reply bro and get used to me as I'm sure il be hearing off me a lot lol will get u some pics up soon too .

I change to ionic bloom in flower as its a complete nute thats mega simple to use and the ph perfect just gives the plants a great start but not a great finish. Not a bad finish either but ionic bloom just gives better result.

Yes times change and opinions do too. Im conpletely dialled in with my grows these days and ive grown so many plants now that im fairly set in my way now. With the regime i follow it gives great results everytime and i stand by what i do now not then. I think as long as your plants are healthy in veg then as soon as you flip you want to charge your coco with pk. There will be some n in there as its necessary but not so much it delays flower. Just make sure you time your flush as thatvwill make a huge diff to end product with weight and quality.

Its 2am or so here now and im about to go to bed so sorry if my answerv snt the clearest but im goosed. Just trust the regime i follow though, you can send me a cheque in the post later haha.

I change to ionic bloom in flower as its a complete nute thats mega simple to use and the ph perfect just gives the plants a great start but not a great finish. Not a bad finish either but ionic bloom just gives better result.

Yes times change and opinions do too. Im conpletely dialled in with my grows these days and ive grown so many plants now that im fairly set in my way now. With the regime i follow it gives great results everytime and i stand by what i do now not then. I think as long as your plants are healthy in veg then as soon as you flip you want to charge your coco with pk. There will be some n in there as its necessary but not so much it delays flower. Just make sure you time your flush as thatvwill make a huge diff to end product with weight and quality.

Its 2am or so here now and im about to go to bed so sorry if my answerv snt the clearest but im goosed. Just trust the regime i follow though, you can send me a cheque in the post later haha.

That makes sense.. I'm . too mate. Catch u soon ✌️

Hey cult

What r ur thoughts on bud candy? Iv seen u use it in past grows so wud u recommend using it with the list from page 1? If so at what stages would u add it mate?

Peace ✌️

Cheers for that mate.. what exactly does bud candy offer differently then if already using something like voodoo juice to feed those beneficials? I hear bud candy can b good for fruits too just before final flush? Any thoughts on that at all mate??

They are completely different things. In simple terms voodoo juice is a mix of beneficial microbes and fungi for root development. Bud candy and carboload are basically syrup, a blend of simple sugars that feed voodoo juice living microbes and other forms of fungis, mycorrhizaes and trichoderma. So the sugars feed the 'creatures' living in the grow media, a little like how certain foods feed beneficial bacterias in the human gut.

Bud candy claims to boost resin on buds but im not convinced. I did used to use it but i think its just expensive sugar feeding good stuff in the grow media that in turn helps uptake more nutes and therefore can increase flower size and bud quality. But if you use carboload it will have the same effect and its quater the price. Of course this only applies if you are using beneficials like great white mycorrhizae, voodoo juice and other products that contain beneficial bacterias, fungii and enzymes.

Seriously what a man!! Really appreciate you taking the time mate..

already done 2nd transplant on all girls after using cal mag upto 150ppm (my tap water is 7.6 ph dropping to 7.1 after 48hrs aired but doesn't even turn my blue lab ec reader on so I'm guessing less than 50ppm? Then using h&g a and b upto 700 (I felt slightly high for some girls so will reduce to 600ppm next round, root excellerator gold, superthrive (how does this differ from supervit?) Couldn't get hands on supervit! Then a tea spoon of great white and shit the bed... my roots were unreal!!! Only draw back was struggling to get the voodoo juice so after 1st applying great white I was unable to feed with voodoo for 2 weeks rather than the recommended 7 days buy hey I got it now so future grow can only get better hey!

Putting a few crack cheese into flower tomo so I'm excited to see the difference using ionic bloom, flower burst, buddahs pk, metaboost etc as apposed to the bud blood, big bud and overdrive! Since seeing ur list few weeks ago iv done nothin but research all the nutes and I'm confident it'll smash the AN "range" price is defo a bonus too as although iv spent pretty much the same as I would wen using AN nutes the nutes from ur list will last much longer as they use much less for the same job i.e. 100ml big bud mixes 50l water where as 100ml of flower burst mixes 400l and that's a HUGE difference!! From what iv read it's MUCH better too.

Anyway I'm just rambling now lol

Catch u soon cult

Stay safe ✌️

Hey cult can you help me identify this issue I have. I believe it's a potassium deficiency.
I am on week 5 of flower and following your schedule, EC 1.6 with the PK 9-18 and meta boost. Thanks in advance.
420-magazine-mobile1674166137.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1216718404.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1713943563.jpg

I'm no cult but I'd guess if ur following program correctly (as in using all nutes listed and especially cal mag) it a possible lock out by mayb ph being out of wack in the media? It's a fair list of nutes so without insulting are u 100% certain ur dosing all at correct volumes as it'd b quite easy to get one mixed up for other and feed opposite if u get what I mean?

Looks like a little flush cud b coming which would also give u opportunity to test that ph in the media!

Been getting replys from cult in well less than 24hrs so he'll b along soon unless he's getting on it for the weekend

Happy growing mate and stay safe

I'm no cult but I'd guess if ur following program correctly (as in using all nutes listed and especially cal mag) it a possible lock out by mayb ph being out of wack in the media? It's a fair list of nutes so without insulting are u 100% certain ur dosing all at correct volumes as it'd b quite easy to get one mixed up for other and feed opposite if u get what I mean?

Looks like a little flush cud b coming which would also give u opportunity to test that ph in the media!

Been getting replys from cult in well less than 24hrs so he'll b along soon unless he's getting on it for the weekend

Happy growing mate and stay safe
Hey Dan, thanks for your input.
This is my 3rd grow following cults feed schedule with the previous 2 going very well, this time though I'm growing a different strain.
Part of the reason I think it's a deficiency is I'm making the feed to a total of 1.6ec. I make a mix earlier with a base nute added to 1.6ec then i added PK 9-18 and meta boost as instructed which then came to 2.0ec. I'm not sure now how I should be making up my feed, hopefully cult can answer this.

Hi guys I'm looking for people's opinions my nutrient schedule on my schedule I am not that new to growing I have 5 grows under my belt but I've been getting into additives some more now and I see a difference, like should I give it different additives one week and different additives the next and if you are telling me this try to explain what to do for example if I should do one thing one week and one thing the next Now lets get into it

I Grow In coco I get 15-20% runoff each watering

For house and garden, I use the nutrient calculator so when I say full Strength Its according to the nutrient calculator and it gradually goes up each week, I veg for 4-6 week and flower for 8-9

I run r/0 water Ppm between I always keep ph. at 5.8-6.3 usually no higher than 6.1

For Veg my ppms are 600-800 at beginning and towards the end 900- 1000

For flower my ppms are 1000-1500 usually higher towards the end

During veg I feed

Cocos A&B- full strength

amino acid- amino treatment by house and garden at full strength

enzyme- multi zen by house and garden at full at full strength

beneficial bacteria - mammoth p at full strength

root enhancer- root accelerator by house and garden full strength

fish based- Bio marine by General Hydroponics at half strength

Humic acid- Soluble humic acid by RAW half strength

Bat guano- Budswell super bat by Guano company half strength

Kelp meal- velo kelp by remos nutrients half strength

Cal mag by botincare half strength

Silica- FaSilitor- by aptus full stregth

For Flower

Beginning of flower

Cocos A & B- at full strength

amino acid- amino treatment by house and garden full strength

enzyme- multi zen by house and garden at full strength

root enhancer- root accelerator by house and garden at full strength

fish based- Bio marine by General Hydroponics at ½ ¾ strength

Humic acid- Soluble humic acid by RAW at half strength

Bat guano- Budswell super bat by Guano company at ½ to ¾

Bloom booster/ Pk booster- M.O.A.B at ½ strength

Kelp meal- velo kelp by remos nutrients at ½ strength

Cal mag by botincare at ¾ to full strength

Silica- FaSilitor- by aptus at full strength

Mid Flower

Humic acid- Soluble humic acid by RAW at ½ to ¾

Bloom booster/ Pk booster- M.O.A.B at ½ ¾

End of flower

Bloom booster/ Pk booster- M.O.A.B at ¾ to full strength

Cal mag by botincare at 1/4 to ½ because I am using molasses

Terpinator- at ½ at beginning and ¾ to full stregth towards the end

Molasses — 1/2 — ¾ strength

Hey Dan, thanks for your input.
This is my 3rd grow following cults feed schedule with the previous 2 going very well, this time though I'm growing a different strain.
Part of the reason I think it's a deficiency is I'm making the feed to a total of 1.6ec. I make a mix earlier with a base nute added to 1.6ec then i added PK 9-18 and meta boost as instructed which then came to 2.0ec. I'm not sure now how I should be making up my feed, hopefully cult can answer this.

I'd defo say ur not giving enough then mate as I read page 1 nutes list for week 5 as calmag upto 150ppm then base upto 700ppm (1.6ec) once at this level you then add any other additives I.e pk etc

Also a chance of genetics as I'm running this program with 3 strains and although all are healthy 2 are defo thriving more than one of the strains so I'm defo putting mine down to strain genetics..

How many leaves are effected and is it mainly newer or older leaves effected? If only a few effected add more pk upto maybe 1.8 (so half of wit u mixed b4) and look for nute burn on non effected leaf tips. If nothing up the pk to correct amount and check for nute burn again.. if still nothin I'd say u were defo underfeeding pk so just stick to this full dose and problem should correct itself. if getting tips burning from the lower pk feed I'd say uv got plenty pk in coco already and the problem lies elsewhere. Frustrating I know but u gota learn ur girls so little tests here and there are sometimes the only way.

Good luck Astra ✌️

The leaves that are effected the most are on the upper third of the plant. I wouldn't say it was nute burn as I ran the same level of nutes the previous week and all was well.
As you suggest Im going to make a mix to a total of 1.8ec and monitor over the next few days.

Thanks Dan

Give it a shot buddy.. I'd say defo deficiency as it's newer growth effected! Hopefully they just wants a good boost of pk to help them on their way!! I think when using several quality nutes together you almost create a beast of plant with roots to match and if something goes missing I guess they really notice it as everything else has been perfect for them. bet they loved flower burst and now they bigger and stronger they need a feed to match..

Feed today at 1.8 and if good by Tuesday hit them with full dose pk.

All the best astra

I've done just that, going to monitor them over the next few days. They're on week 6 so not too long to go.
Hopefully cult can chime in and give us his opinion.
Thanks Dan, good wishes

Hey cult can you help me identify this issue I have. I believe it's a potassium deficiency.
I am on week 5 of flower and following your schedule, EC 1.6 with the PK 9-18 and meta boost. Thanks in advance.
420-magazine-mobile1674166137.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1216718404.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1713943563.jpg

It looks like potassium deficiency mate. Just up your p/k slightly. Ofcourse diff strains have different sensitivities to feed schedules. The feed schedule i list isnt particularly heavy, so theres room to bump it up. Just keep your base nute where it is and add an extra 15/20% of pk. Whats your flowers looking like? Are they swelliing up or airy? I get P deficiency sometimes but its nothing much to worry about really. It happens if bids are growing at an accelerated rate or if you havent given adequate pk.

Sorry i took a while to reply. Ive been home for the weekend to see my kids but back to business now.

Hi guys I'm looking for people's opinions my nutrient schedule on my schedule I am not that new to growing I have 5 grows under my belt but I've been getting into additives some more now and I see a difference, like should I give it different additives one week and different additives the next and if you are telling me this try to explain what to do for example if I should do one thing one week and one thing the next Now lets get into it

I Grow In coco I get 15-20% runoff each watering

For house and garden, I use the nutrient calculator so when I say full Strength Its according to the nutrient calculator and it gradually goes up each week, I veg for 4-6 week and flower for 8-9

I run r/0 water Ppm between I always keep ph. at 5.8-6.3 usually no higher than 6.1

For Veg my ppms are 600-800 at beginning and towards the end 900- 1000

For flower my ppms are 1000-1500 usually higher towards the end

During veg I feed

Cocos A&B- full strength

amino acid- amino treatment by house and garden at full strength

enzyme- multi zen by house and garden at full at full strength

root enhancer- root accelerator by house and garden full strength

fish based- Bio marine by General Hydroponics at half strength

Humic acid- Soluble humic acid by RAW half strength

Bat guano- Budswell super bat by Guano company half strength

Kelp meal- velo kelp by remos nutrients half strength

Cal mag by botincare half strength

Silica- FaSilitor- by aptus full stregth

For Flower

Beginning of flower

amino acid- amino treatment by house and garden full strength

enzyme- multi zen by house and garden at full strength

Humic acid- Soluble humic acid by RAW at half strength

Bloom booster/ Pk booster- M.O.A.B at ½ strength

Mid Flower

Bloom booster/ Pk booster- M.O.A.B at ½ ¾

End of flower

Bloom booster/ Pk booster- M.O.A.B at ¾ to full strength

Cal mag by botincare at 1/4 to ½ because I am using molasses

Terpinator- at ½ at beginning and ¾ to full stregth towards the end

Molasses — 1/2 — ¾ strength

Hey and welcome.

Ok firstly and please dont take offence to this as its not meant as a put down but you are still brand new at growing with 5 grows behind you, still a novice . So my advice is this i have a comprehensive schedule on page 1 and the thats just guide foe anyone who wants to copy roughly what i do. I say roughly because you have to adapt to every grow therefore no schedule is set in concrete. Now the problem when running several products is recognising which needs more or less by looking at the plants and that just comes with time and practice.

Im not familiar with most of what you are using im your feed. So first i ask are your plants healthy? If so then great stick with it. If not strip everything back to basics, base nute, root stim, pk supplement.

The way i do it is this:

Use a quality base nutrient that covers the NPK requirement for veg and flower.

Use a quality root stimulator. Root excellurator is one of the best so you cant go wrong there. And i also look to introduce beneficial bacterias, fungi and enzymes. Altbough not essential, a living medium in just about every set up you can think of has so many benefits.

Quality PK supplement

Then i look at silica, b vits, metabolic stimulators. These are optional but do make a differnece when used correctly.

As long as you knkw why you are adding sometbing then yoi should be fine because you can then recognise if its benefitting ghe plants or hurting them.

Watch for overloading on things. So maybe you use several supplemenys that are slighyky different but maybe they all contain 1 element that is the same so you unwittingly overdose your plants. Just make sure you always read the labels and check what you are putting in.

2 criticisms i have are 1. You never mention EC so that tells me you arent checking your nutrient solution for its strength. Going off tje bottle or a chart is never a good idea as you have no idea of the strength of nutrient. In most cases a full strength base nutrient will be too strong, ive never found one that is too weak. If you know your EC/ppm value its a powerful tool for figuring out problems.

2. You water to run off evrytime. This just isnt necessary. The only time my plants get run off is the first flush of plain water at the end of the grow. Watering to run off daily means the media will always be heavily wet and that is a massive invite for pests such as fungus gnats and its a waste of nutrients over grows. If hand feeding feed daily and enough sonthat the plant is well watered witjout run off and around 85% dry 24hours later. Plants should be light to liftbup but not so dry that plants are wilting. You never want coco to dry out completely, that is worse than over watering. Techmically waterong to 20% run off isnt wrong and you cant over water coco but its not the best way to go.

Good luck.

The issue I have is only on the cheese strain, the incredible bulk are looking good. The buds are tight and solid and filling out.

I've now made my mix of base nute 1.6ec and bumped up to 1.8ec with PK. I'll monitor them over the next few days and see how it goes.

Thanks cult, I understand your busy. Look forward to a update on your journal.

Back
Top Bottom