How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

Seriously tho dude I'm sure I seen a smoke bomb!!! That should do the trick!!!! Heat and co2. Nuke the f!!kers turn off extraction for a few hours. That shit will get sucked out as soon as you put the extraction back on. I'll have a read up on it tonight for you. I'm working at 6pm Russian ballet in town. But I will be home by 1am and I will get stuck into it for you

Cult.. got my hands on bottle of Dr Shimmels Thrip Terminator so just b4 lights go out tonite those sluts are getting wet!! Gona completely saturate them and hopefully the thrips have had it! Looks like good stuff tbf as it destroys eggs as well as larvae so no second treatment days later U ever heard of lining the tops of your pots with 1" sharp sand? I can see the theory but surely that shits gona mess with the readings in the coco over time?

Will let u know how I get on with the Dr Shimmels over the next 2 days ✌️

Cult.. got my hands on bottle of Dr Shimmels Thrip Terminator so just b4 lights go out tonite those sluts are getting wet!! Gona completely saturate them and hopefully the thrips have had it! Looks like good stuff tbf as it destroys eggs as well as larvae so no second treatment days later U ever heard of lining the tops of your pots with 1" sharp sand? I can see the theory but surely that shits gona mess with the readings in the coco over time?

I battled thrips with Diatomacious Earth and neem oil, it worked well (controlled their population down to almost nothing until the grow was done and I could clean it out properly). I'd recommend using a couple different products that work in different ways at the same time to really get rid of them. Diatomacious Earth is great, cheap and safe to use, but makes a hell of a mess. Neem oil also works well, but stinks and you don't really want to use it on budding plants...

Good luck getting rid of the little bastards ✌

Yo eastcoastghost.. can't offer anything on your coco but u will find a great feed list on page 1 of this thread. It covers all stages of the grow from seed thru to harvest and also includes recommended ppm/ec for each stage. All products and recommended dosages are guidelines so there is some movement depending on strain and preference and all products are just a guide.. u don't have to necessarily use the same brands but if swapping for other brands ensure the ingredients and strengths are similar! That being said, it's a list been made from a very experienced grower and I'd imagine he's used most products on the market so if he uses those particular brands I'm more inclined to do so myself

Happy growing buddy and all the best with it
Thanks man, I am going to go back and read this whole thread, they are so much good info. I think I'll be alright, I kinda got a idea on the ppms I should start with. Since this is my first run with coco I'm not gonna go to high on the ppms, I will play it safe unless the plant is telling me it wants more. Hopefully I'll get dialed in after i do a grow or two lol. I'm pretty excited and I'm hoping for faster veg period and bigger yield lol. Thanks for your help.✌️

I battled thrips with Diatomacious Earth and neem oil, it worked well (controlled their population down to almost nothing until the grow was done and I could clean it out properly). I'd recommend using a couple different products that work in different ways at the same time to really get rid of them. Diatomacious Earth is great, cheap and safe to use, but makes a hell of a mess. Neem oil also works well, but stinks and you don't really want to use it on budding plants...

Good luck getting rid of the little bastards ✌

Cheers for that mate.. Dr Shimmels is great as it contains 3 ingredients for like you said 3 different purposes... no need to re apply days later for the hatchlings that were missed as it takes out EVERYTHING!! Iv not read a story yet of any repeat infestations using this where as other brands sometimes only keep them at bay for weeks or months and they return.. can also use in flower but I wouldn't recommend it unless u got 45days minimum remaining as that's how long it stays active within the plant. Also recommended to use in low light or darkness and with the aid of gloves, clothes protection and even mask

Will let u know how i get on over next day or 2

Thanks man, I am going to go back and read this whole thread, they are so much good info. I think I'll be alright, I kinda got a idea on the ppms I should start with. Since this is my first run with coco I'm not gonna go to high on the ppms, I will play it safe unless the plant is telling me it wants more. Hopefully I'll get dialed in after i do a grow or two lol. I'm pretty excited and I'm hoping for faster veg period and bigger yield lol. Thanks for your help.✌️

No problem buddy! That's a pretty low feeding list as we all know that more isn't necessarily best so just be careful you don't fall too far below his recommended ppm/ec as ul get deficiencies from not using enough. Reading this thread took me a while (stoned) but trust me it was the best thing iv done as its full of excellent info and tips..

Biggest thing iv learnt is the importance of early veg and more so the early stages of root production and health!! Apart from lst I'd do fuck al in veg just awaiting flower really but wow how wrong was I!!! From getting them feeding low from day 1 and using things like great white, voodoo juice, h@g root excelerator and supervit the results were unreal when it came to transplanting and seeing such masses of healthy roots in such short time! This obviously has huge effect on what happens above soil too as growth speed and quality is great here too!!

Iv also taken my lst down a good few levels too and I'm much less brutal now!! Much better results tying branches down to pot rim than lightly damaging the insides of the stems and bending over imo and theres no real recovery time lost as u have caused no damage to begin with

Trial and error....

I'm going to be starting my first grow in CoCo in a few days and I've been reading up on everything but I have a couple questions and I was hoping someone could help me? The CoCo I ordered is in brick form, after I add water and get it all broke up and in 3-gallon pots do I need to flush the CoCo to be on the safe side. I was thinking I could check the CoCo with my ppm pen and if it's high I could flush to get the ppm down, is that method fine. Sorry for all the questions, im on my second soil grow now so I have a little bit of experience but I'm still a rookie and I don't want to mess up my CoCo grow lol. I was also wondering if someone could give me a few pointers on feeding early on, how many ppm should I start seedlings at. I will be using advance nutes pH perfect and calimagic with rain water. I may also get some pk boosters for flower. Thanks in advance for taking your time to help a rookie CoCo grower.✌️

Hydrate the bricks with a nutrient mix of 0.7ec/350ppm to 1.0ec/500ppm and ph of 5.5-5.8. Once its hydrated sufficiently mix in some great white mycorrhizae. When you transplant seedlings or clones feed with the same mix and allow some run off to be sure the coco is charged correctly and no salts left in it. Aftet that feed nutrient daily until its time to flush for harvest, then just switch to plain water.

Do not let the coco dry out completely. Remember this is now a hydroponic grow and nothing at all like soil. Have a eeliable ec/ppm meter and ph meter. These are important tools that no hydroponic grower should be without.

The whole idea if growing in coco as oppossed to soil is sonyou can push more feeds and have more o2 in the rootzone.

Starting with light feeds in general isnt a bad thing as its easy to add more but not soneasy to take away if too much is added. However you want to be pushing feeds. You must feed everyday at least once, more if possible for even better results but for sure once per day min. If you treat coco like soil you will have troubles from day 1. In coco you must be hands on daily unlike soil where you can just leave it for days.

Check out the schedule on page 1. It will give you an idea of what a professional mix looks like.

Cult.. got my hands on bottle of Dr Shimmels Thrip Terminator so just b4 lights go out tonite those sluts are getting wet!! Gona completely saturate them and hopefully the thrips have had it! Looks like good stuff tbf as it destroys eggs as well as larvae so no second treatment days later ���� U ever heard of lining the tops of your pots with 1" sharp sand? I can see the theory but surely that shits gona mess with the readings in the coco over time?

Yes you can line pots. Ive done it for fungus gnats and it works fine. I just dont do it any more because its just another cost that adds up when you are multiroom growing. But for sure when doing one space id add it.

Hopefully the stuff works. I really have no idea about thrips . Ive never even seen one before.

Nice one mate.. there honestly not that major at all but if I can rid em I will! They punch holes in mainly fan leaves and withdraw chlorophyll as their feed. This leaves tiny marks on the leaves which increase to little trails like tiny slugs trails with a silvery white mark that can't wipe away. This is the sign to having them and they are almost maggot coloured and shaped but obviously 1000x smaller. Leave tiny black excrement dots NOT to b confused with mites

Hydrate the bricks with a nutrient mix of 0.7ec/350ppm to 1.0ec/500ppm and ph of 5.5-5.8. Once its hydrated sufficiently mix in some great white mycorrhizae. When you transplant seedlings or clones feed with the same mix and allow some run off to be sure the coco is charged correctly and no salts left in it. Aftet that feed nutrient daily until its time to flush for harvest, then just switch to plain water.

Do not let the coco dry out completely. Remember this is now a hydroponic grow and nothing at all like soil. Have a eeliable ec/ppm meter and ph meter. These are important tools that no hydroponic grower should be without.

The whole idea if growing in coco as oppossed to soil is sonyou can push more feeds and have more o2 in the rootzone.

Starting with light feeds in general isnt a bad thing as its easy to add more but not soneasy to take away if too much is added. However you want to be pushing feeds. You must feed everyday at least once, more if possible for even better results but for sure once per day min. If you treat coco like soil you will have troubles from day 1. In coco you must be hands on daily unlike soil where you can just leave it for days.

Check out the schedule on page 1. It will give you an idea of what a professional mix looks like.
Thanks man, I really appreciate all the help. This is a great thread and I'm getting ready to read the whole thing lol. I don't have any great white but I'm gonna order some today, would it be alright if I plant the seedlings and add the great white when It arrives? This is going to be a learning process cause I've only growed in soil but I think I'm gonna love growing in coco once I get the hang of things lol.✌️

Well hopefully i wont find out haha. Spidermite has had my life on and off for years. I had mites on my clones on a grow i have now on my amnesia. Nightmare. Have it under control now. I was pissed off because the guy assured me there was no mites, i def didnt have them in my space. I think hes treated the clones knowing full well theu had mites bit he gave me good clones wiyh no obvious marks on. 10 days later and boom! I wont buy clones from anyone else any more thats for sure.

Well hopefully i wont find out haha. Spidermite has had my life on and off for years. I had mites on my clones on a grow i have now on my amnesia. Nightmare. Have it under control now. I was pissed off because the guy assured me there was no mites, i def didnt have them in my space. I think hes treated the clones knowing full well theu had mites bit he gave me good clones wiyh no obvious marks on. 10 days later and boom! I wont buy clones from anyone else any more thats for sure.
I would NEEM them before they go into my tent. Clones #1 reason of infestation
Thanks man, I really appreciate all the help. This is a great thread and I'm getting ready to read the whole thing lol. I don't have any great white but I'm gonna order some today, would it be alright if I plant the seedlings and add the great white when It arrives? This is going to be a learning process cause I've only growed in soil but I think I'm gonna love growing in coco once I get the hang of things lol.✌️
Glad you found this thread. Cult is a coco pro

I just ordered the 4oz can of Great White. It was $28 USD and it might be here by Christmas.✌️

Heres a few pics of some plabts i have growing in coco now. None in flower im afraid. For those of hou who dont follow my grow journals, i have several strains growing. I have BLZ Bud fem, Kings Banner regular in my hunt for new mother plants, Huckleberry regular, Liberty Haze fem, Incredible Bulk fem, Amnesia Haze hybrid fem.

IMG-20171217-WA0007.jpeg

20171217_202816.jpg

20171216_104251.jpg

20171215_223414.jpg

20171217_204001.jpg

20171214_220910.jpg

20171215_223414.jpg

20171207_184408.jpg

20171209_210505.jpg

20171209_183605.jpg

20171203_230727.jpg

IMG-20171203-WA0038.jpg

20171203_221439.jpg

20171202_220950.jpg

20171127_195139.jpg

20171127_210633.jpg

20171123_212916.jpg

20171122_115020.jpg

20171122_121258.jpg

20171121_140222.jpg

20171121_115938.jpg

20171121_134538.jpg

20171121_135914.jpg

COCO GROWN. The very best way to grow weed. Picture overload. All comments welcome.

Heres a few pics of some plabts i have growing in coco now. None in flower im afraid. For those of hou who dont follow my grow journals, i have several strains growing. I have BLZ Bud fem, Kings Banner regular in my hunt for new mother plants, Huckleberry regular, Liberty Haze fem, Incredible Bulk fem, Amnesia Haze hybrid fem.

IMG-20171217-WA0007.jpeg

20171217_202816.jpg

20171216_104251.jpg

20171215_223414.jpg

20171217_204001.jpg

20171214_220910.jpg

20171215_223414.jpg

20171207_184408.jpg

20171209_210505.jpg

20171209_183605.jpg

20171203_230727.jpg

IMG-20171203-WA0038.jpg

20171203_221439.jpg

20171202_220950.jpg

20171127_195139.jpg

20171127_210633.jpg

20171123_212916.jpg

20171122_115020.jpg

20171122_121258.jpg

20171121_140222.jpg

20171121_115938.jpg

20171121_134538.jpg

20171121_135914.jpg

COCO GROWN. The very best way to grow weed. Picture overload. All comments welcome.
Man alive that's what I'm talking about, spectacular plants.✌️

Great white results from a side by side done by another guy on another site...

1st pic shows just feeding Rhizotonic and 2nd pic also shows Rhizotonic but this plant was also treated with Great White.

I think it speaks for itself..
420-magazine-mobile1429910643.jpg

Shout out to Bud Lightyear and I hope you don't mind. Was a great test of a great product. ✌️

20151231_105221.jpg

DSC_018313.JPG

DSC_01499.JPG

These pics sum up my root mix really. Healthy, strong, and lots of them.

I actually was told by someone quite rudely a few weeks ago that i shouldnt tell people to change their ways and that their results couldnt be improved upon. Fine. But atleast share what gives better results than this.... at least i am prepared to back up what i talk about and i show success and failures, more in my journals than on here of course.

Ur just showing off now.. only joking bro if u got it flaunt it lol and u defo rite! Should never take advice from someone who can't back up there theories! Look how many people uv helped on here and il bet there's hundreds more who are non members and found ur threads thru google searches like I first did.. fuck the haters

Back
Top Bottom