How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Hi 60cal. There is a video out from Magical Butter Machine. From what I understand there was some vague parts on the decarb method and what temperature to do it at. I hear the Magical Butter Machine 111 will be geared toward the concentrated side but I think it is coming out at Christmas. You can also visit their site and pop some questions also. Maybe someone has came up with some new info perhaps? If I did use the current model out #2 I would do a 'quick rinse' in our 'how to make concentrated oil' tutorial by my sig at the bottom. Then proceed to strain and then pour into the magical butter machine and go through their process. Hopes this helps.

420 Motoco:Namaste:

Thx to Moto and the crew at 420 Magazine we newbies can SAFELY make concentrate!
I'm just starting to use canna butter in my cooking.Wonderful/Effective pain relief is just
a small cookie away.Lasts way longer than my narcotic pain medicine and not nearly as
many ups and downs as anyone on narcotics knows.
Again,many thanks to all at 420 Magazine for providing SAFE and EFFECTIVE ways to get
pain relief.Chopper Ray

A lot of great info Motoco, can you use Magical Butter Machine for this process? Thank you.
Nice shares here peeps:thumb:

Mag Budr original & the new are not for smokables, just edibles, tincture is as close as you can get to an "oil".

This is just what I've read, I have not used it yet.

60, PM me for details if you want a good share on this. Oil/concentrates are a touchy subject out here.

Hi trichomes,

All in wonder not so wonderful? LOL Something that does everything is always a mixed bag and the concentrated version is the part of the bag with some holes in it to be sure. It can be used to make a excellent concentrate. Just have to do a quick rinse on your fav buds prior to the start of the Magical Butter Machine procedure. Pour in your filtered carrier, hit the 190 temp, hit the oil button, let it finish through the cycles to the end. It was already filtered through the quick rinse so just pour into a ss measuring cup and finish with a proper decarb.

I never used one yet, but I did take it out of the box and look at it :). Got it for my bud with Parkinson's so if I'm not available he could make his own. Great for edibles/tinctures as you mentioned out of the box. While I like to go through the process's of making the concentrate's 'hands on' and leave nothing to 'auto' the Magical Butter Machine is great for those who want a simple method 'all in wonder'. Magical Butter Machine 111 supposedly will be geared more towards the concentrate (to my understanding).

Its not really a touchy subject. While we recommend 'safe carriers' & methods' keep in mind it was designed for people who have been sent home because the medical system could not do anything more for them. People do not think very clearly and are in a panic mode and this is a dangerous mix when making their 1st batch of concentrate. Our mission was to make it as safe as possible for these people who have no option but to heal themselves. If you are referring to BHO/Shattered glass/Wax, CO2, etc, the decision was made rather easily for safety purposes for our Members and readers. There are many methods on the net to seek what one is looking for. The methods used that are in the news daily often referred to as 'BHOtards' blowing up their house/garage is something 420 Magazine simply cannot/will not condone for peoples safety not to mention the 'liability' issues and the same applies for 'solvents/carriers.

Hope the explanation explains why these policy's are in place if that was your thought process. If not, it needed some explanation for other viewers as well.

Nice shares here peeps:thumb:

Mag Budr original & the new are not for smokables, just edibles, tincture is as close as you can get to an "oil".

This is just what I've read, I have not used it yet.

60, PM me for details if you want a good share on this. Oil/concentrates are a touchy subject out here.

Question Motoco, will the concentrates work on Diabetes, COPD & painful joints. Is there anybody that you have helped with these problems? If yes, please give some details if you would. Thank you for sharing all of your knowledge in this regard.

60cal

Hi 60cal,

All those things and many more. The aliments you mentioned are actually most common, especially when we get older and the downhill sled has no brakes. A perfect blend would be a high CBD strain blended with a high THC strain (hybrid/OG). One oz of the THC strain and a 1/2 ounce of high CBD strain would be a excellent concentrate for your symptoms. No names of strains as this is something for the individual to decide. A great starting point is what you like if you smoke the herb. If you need to drop some weight in the process make sure its Sativa dominate, add weight make sure its slightly Indica dominate. Once those symptoms are under control you will have a wellness feeling second to none as it heals organs, glands, circulation. I make many mentions of everything the concentrate does and why. I always mention this in many post and why I am so down on the Pharmies/Gov for keeping it a class 1 drug. Simply put, people are dieing, especially when its a child because of greed. Yes, I'm huge into the MMJ side but I also would like to note I am for all phases to be legalized. I love my herb, my concentrate's and 'hemp' will strengthen our economy.

Final mention: The very 1st day I took the cannabis concentrated oil I felt it cleansing my lungs (probably the biggest notice because of smoking for so long). Coughing went away the 3rd day of use (except for getting the nasties out of the lungs...hawkers if you will). If taken properly. Hope this helps.

420 Motoco :Namaste:

Question Motoco, will the concentrates work on Diabetes, COPD & painful joints. Is there anybody that you have helped with these problems? If yes, please give some details if you would. Thank you for sharing all of your knowledge in this regard.

60cal

Thank you, I will check this out also.

Motoco, I'm hoping you will try and report on the new Magical Butter Machine #3.

I am looking forward to the Magical Butter Machine # 3. It would be a HUGE benefit to those wanting a more safe and easier method of making a concentrate. While edibles are very popular the buzz counteracts the healing process of the concentrate, especially during the day as I have to many things going on and need to be clear headed. Night time is a different story for those seeking a sleep aid. Issue I have is WHEN is it going to kick in, lol. Not for me as I use a night time Indica dosed the proper way and if I need a mood enhancer vaping the concentrate or a couple of tokes off an oiler does an excellent job. Everyone has their preferences, these are just ones I use.
Something is going right, lol. Best health in 25 yrs. speaks volumes to me.

Thanks Motoco, when I get my first grow/perpetual I will let you know how this is working for me. Again thank you.

Hi Motoco,

I have just been contacted by a friend of a friend that is in hospital with late stage cancer. They are not in a legal state, Pennsylvania. Do know anyone that can help? I'll start a new thread but wanted to ask you first.

Warmest
Whitebeach

Hey Motoco, I've checked out the Magic butter machine by xlr8, I believe this would be a great machine for cancer patients or very elderly. But for me I believe it leaves out some steps I saw you do that would make a better oil. I will use your way until I'm to old or unsure of my actions, at that point I would switch to the machine.

Best regards 60cal

Hi Whitebeach,

Nice to see you around. Sorry, I do not know anyone in Pennsylvania. Even if I did, I could not help without compromising my member status on 420magazine.com., and then I would lose my avenue creating awareness using cannabis concentrated oil to treat cancer, etc. They are going to have to break out their 'friend's' card comrade. All the info is here for what they need. The product is up to them. Its sucks it has to be this way. Everyone should have access to this medication for wellness/curing illness. I can only help the ones in my community that have known me a long time. It saddens me deeply the situation your friends are in. I would definitely take a vacation and get what I needed if it was me. That being said I would also be glad to know when I did find what I needed that I would know how to use it properly or even make the concentrate.

Did you ever master the 'tack'? Hope all is well with you.

Best regards Comrade
420 Motoco

Hi Motoco,

I have just been contacted by a friend of a friend that is in hospital with late stage cancer. They are not in a legal state, Pennsylvania. Do know anyone that can help? I'll start a new thread but wanted to ask you first.

Warmest
Whitebeach

Hi 60cal,

Got you. There were circumstances that Xlr8 had no control over. The instructions that was given was a mix up as opposed to the 1 hr. oil procedure (4 hr. is for tincture's, not concentrate) . The Magical Butter Machine 1 & 2 can still be very effective. Just a couple of added on techniques. A quick wash with frozen bud and 0 temp on the solvent/carrier, strained and then simply pour the carrier with the extracts into the MBM. Select 190 degrees temp., select the 'oil' button for the 1 hour function. When its done completing its cycle simply pour into a stainless/SS measuring cup, finish with a decarb on a coffee/plate warmer (it already has been filtered prior to cook down, no more is needed). Give it time to warm up and start the decarb process. If in 30 minutes no movement in the concentrate its done and ready to store, if not done moving, however long it takes, depending on ambient temperature. These couple of changes you noticed will make the same oil in the 'How to Make the Concentrated Oil' tutorial (the above recommendations I added on). In fact, the feature I like, especially for first timers is the Magical Butter Machine has the 'LOW' cut off limit switch which means you have no chance of burning your concentrate. The decarb will burn off any excess solvent/carrier. I'm referring to food grade carrier like Everclear/Spirytus. I think it would be wise to learn both methods as a back up option is always a good thing. Probably why I like the song out so much by Miranda Lambert 'automatic' :). Hope you have a great weekend 60cal.

:Namaste:
420 Motoco

Hey Motoco, I've checked out the Magic butter machine by xlr8, I believe this would be a great machine for cancer patients or very elderly. But for me I believe it leaves out some steps I saw you do that would make a better oil. I will use your way until I'm to old or unsure of my actions, at that point I would switch to the machine.

Best regards 60cal

Your Awesome Motoco, thanks for helping me and others here on 420 and your friends. I'm looking forward to learning both methods. I'll keep an eye on this journal for the people you help and for reference when I'm ready for my first try.

Thank you, 60cal

Thank you very much 60cal. The concentrated oil has helped me in so many ways (wife also) we felt it was our duty as humanitarians to spread the awareness to help others. I learned everything I could so I could help others while I was healing as with my wife. We both think and live concentrates simply because it is so astounding and amazing in everything it heals. We still can believe how one plant extract can dictate how healthy you want to be. Like you, I learned and absorbed everything I could. Looking back I am so glad I took a leap of faith and took Rick Simpsons 'run from the cure' as my main source. I just was fortunate enough to read in between the lines and fill in the vague parts. Two years latter I'm still learning leaps and bounds (mostly on mixing strains to custom fit the individuals needs). The testimonials keep coming in from friends, what they have learned/noticed and the list just keeps getting longer. You got the right attitude, learn comrade. Then you can pay it forward.

:Namaste:
420 Motoco

Your Awesome Motoco, thanks for helping me and others here on 420 and your friends. I'm looking forward to learning both methods. I'll keep an eye on this journal for the people you help and for reference when I'm ready for my first try.

Thank you, 60cal

Hi Motoco

How would you make the oil for someone suffering from Anxiety/Depression and Chronic Fatigue? I am new to all this and wanting to get as much info as i can before I make my oil. I was reading somewhere on the second page of this thread that you would make oil differently depending on what conditions were to be treated. Would you suggest a High CBD plant? I am in Australia.

Hi LadyBloom,

Hi and welcome to :420:

You would need a high THC strain that is Sativa dominant (meaning a hybrid that is a mix of sativa/indica with sativa being the dominant). An example would be 65% Sativa and 35% Indica. This will take care of your chronic fatigue, depression and anxiety. A great day time oil. I would recommend a high CBD strain to blend with this also (pain and inflammation) always comes in handy as this is normally 75%Sativa-25% Indica. Blending these 2 strains is as follows. Example: 1 ounce of the hybrid and 1/2 ounce of a high cbd strain. Put the 1 1/2 ounce together in the mixing bowl before you start your quick rinse. Here is tutorials for making the concentrate and how to use it properly. }How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil
Also read the threads if you can. Lots of good info. On what specific type strains google the hybrids and the high cbd strains. What might be available were you live will dictate your choices. Any more questions please ask.
ps refresh your browser if your waiting for a reply.

420 Motoco:Namaste:

Hi Motoco

How would you make the oil for someone suffering from Anxiety/Depression and Chronic Fatigue? I am new to all this and wanting to get as much info as i can before I make my oil. I was reading somewhere on the second page of this thread that you would make oil differently depending on what conditions were to be treated. Would you suggest a High CBD plant? I am in Australia.

It took me along time to find out F5 was the refresh button. Thanks for the reply Motoco.

We learn everyday, right? I just learned that F5 was the refresh button :).

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day in the States. Time to honor our true Hero's! For those who are serving, have served or paid the ultimate sacrifice for our Country, God Bless!

Hi iversonpi,:cheer:

The buds should be dry (air dry them out on a cookie sheet covered with a paper towel to help shield the light for a few hours) before you put it in the freezer. Your bud and solvent should be put in the freezer for 24 hours prior to making your concentrate. Longer is o.k., but at least 24 hrs. Additional tip; when doing your quick wash add another 1/2 quick rinse for a total of 2.5). This will get max pull from your buds using grain alcohol (Everclear/Spirytus.

Best Regards,

420 Motoco

Good morning! lol

Back
Top Bottom