How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Just a little oversight on your part Moto.Maybe too much medication:) ,He wrote minus(-)18 centigrade which IS
O degrees fahrenheit.More than cold enough...just FYI:allgood:

Got the 'monitor bug eye's'. Really appreciate the 'eye out' Brother.

Thanks Chopperray!:Namaste:

Just a little oversight on your part Moto.Maybe too much medication:) ,He wrote minus(-)18 centigrade which IS
O degrees fahrenheit.More than cold enough...just FYI:allgood:

Good morning Motoco and Chopperray

Sorry for the confusion, yes i want to say that my freezer is set in 0 degrees F, as we use cºand i use to think in it. So, is it ok ? :)

i put the bud "drying" for a 6-10 hours, after i´ll leave 24h the buds, jars and alcohol. So, i´ll make this oil tomorrow in the evening - afternoon. I want to make it the best i can :).

Enyoy the weekend , take care!

Good evening iversonpi,

Not your fault, I just missed the (-). Old eye's comrade:nomo: Yes, the freezer temperature is fine. Freeze the bud and alcohol for 24 hours. Dry the bud for 2-3 hrs. Your oil will be fine. Coincidence, I will be making some Indica tomorrow also.

How are you feeling today?

T/C :high-five:

Good morning Motoco and Chopperray

Sorry for the confusion, yes i want to say that my freezer is set in 0 degrees F, as we use cºand i use to think in it. So, is it ok ? :)

i put the bud "drying" for a 6-10 hours, after i´ll leave 24h the buds, jars and alcohol. So, i´ll make this oil tomorrow in the evening - afternoon. I want to make it the best i can :).

Enyoy the weekend , take care!

Hi there Motoco! I am loving the information you are sharing and I have a quick question. 2 questions actually! When harvesting a plant for oil, does the plant need to be dried and cured? Or just dried? Also, when growing a high CBD strain I have found conflicting info on the best time to harvest. I have read that you should harvest when the trichs are mostly milky with little amber for highest CBD because the cbd begins to drop off, or degrade, after that. I have also read that you should let lots of amber form. Any advice for me?? :thanks:

Hi MagicMediwana,

Great questions. Here is what I've found from experience growing Harlequin. The first article I read (a review of the strain) stated that the magic happens in the last two weeks (week 11 & 12). Checking out the trichs at this time I saw a little milky (lower buds), mostly amber (middle buds) and top/cola's (dark amber). In the last two weeks the flowers and leaves looked like someone sprinkled crystals by the hand full's. Yes, dry and cure your flowers. I am a little different because I don't grow for sales on my curing process. I hang dry for 5 days and keep my room humidity at 50% and a constant 76d. Then into a paper bag for 3 days (closing the bag for a few hours, then burping, then closing). When I can take a bud and bend the stem and it snaps cleanly I put the buds in a canning jar and seal the lid. Then I check about every twelve hours and burp, then reseal. I then do a 30 day jar cure before I make my first batch of oil. Sometimes my cure goes six months. For smoking it is unrivaled in taste, and flavor (harlequin like still taste nasty as an oil, lol) but other strains gain potency and flavor. This is not practical for oil as people cannot wait that long. So for me, if I have to make some concentrate that its needed now, only a two week cure. When the stem snaps its ready, but, I also air dry on a cookie sheet covered for 2-3 hours before putting it into the freezer with the alcohol for 24 hrs prior to making the oil.

I cannot speak of the other method except for it seems like info you would get from a grower thinking peak THC for the euphoric. While THC degrades CBD forms as well as CBN. So when grown full term or even PAST the THC degrades (you can get it down to 0 if you choose) while CBD and CBN develop. This is why you want to go full term. You would be surprised how many growers do not go full term. It cost much more as well and quite frankly isn't what the recreational ground wants. I want to explain I do a ten day flush to insure clean bud. The 10 days are included time wise. An example; 10 days before the 12 week flower time I start my flush. The trichs colors I mentioned was looked at the end of the flush and the beginning of the harvest. I'm sure it is more than you asked for, just wanted to share that the longer the cure, the better :).

Hope this helps,
420 Motoco

its more grease than anything...I take a toothpick....swirl a blob and eat it....it usually sticks to my plate for the most part....it slowly dissolves from there...swishing helps warm it so it dissolves quicker...or I'm just a home brewer who found what works for me...;))

mojo

Fantastic imfo here brothers. My wife whom I am treatng is about to beginning this journy with RSO. God willing this will save her life. At the very least make her more comfortable.

Thanx Moto. A long way from the olden days huh? Lol.
I've got the oil down pretty well myself. I sent last 2 batches for testing & was extremely pleased.
Experimenting with strains. Also, the batch I made using shake, stems & bud (in lieu of just buds) tested MUCH better in all cannabinoids, including THC. Go figure.

Hi cajuncelt,

I wonder what happened to you Brother! Yes, we have progressed, lol. I've thought of you many times and what happened. Usually when someone goes away, it means they are learning and getting on with their lives and healing. Glad to hear the whole plant came out with great numbers. I have never done this method. I have used only flowers as Rick Simpson stated. I will try this on my next grow (by then I will have something to test with). Thank you cajuncelt for this info! Could you tell me how big of improvement %?

Really great to see you back around! Remember your first batch of oil? So many unknowns :)
:Namaste:

Hi cajuncelt,

I wonder what happened to you Brother! Yes, we have progressed, lol. I've thought of you many times and what happened. Usually when someone goes away, it means they are learning and getting on with their lives and healing. Glad to hear the whole plant came out with great numbers. I have never done this method. I have used only flowers as Rick Simpson stated. I will try this on my next grow (by then I will have something to test with). Thank you cajuncelt for this info! Could you tell me how big of improvement %?

Really great to see you back around! Remember your first batch of oil? So many unknowns :)

I'm probably lucky to be alive after the 1st batch of goop or whatever. Thanks for getting me off high center when I asked ?'s.
I usually am on here, but in grow journals which I gave rest to in March. Back at it now. Like to not run out of the oil.
Yeah, I tripped out on mine & a few ppl's test results. We all had the same results, those who also paid for testing on a batch made from the whole plant.
I will post the results somehow. The whole plant based run had #'s and 3 letters for stuff not even included in the all bud runs. I frankly am still ignorant enough on cannabinoids, turpines, ect. that I can't jump on an articulate soap box. But, I'm still fighting cancer's sorry ass and I am using the whole plant as a base until new numbers or knowledge.
The testing ppl know I'm looking for THC, but the synergistic idea of the interactions of all these other cannabinoids with THC & THCA have me leaning down that road.

Interesting cajun, did you break down the stems somehow or leave them mostly intact?

I dry & grind the stems as fine as possible without putting to much effort in to it. I grind as much as possible instead of chunking it all in to a trash can & mashing it. 1+ gram a day, every day, makes me be a lil careful with all medication.
We all pretty much know stems & shake don't have much THCA compared to flowers, but they add a shiite load of other cannabinoids as well as achieve higher THC. I don't know beyond the "synergy" explanation, but I'm sticking to the whole plant for now. I used to think it was a waste of solvent & might again someday.

Wow, I would of thought your cancer would be gone by now or close to it. Finding out there is no actual time limit on any illness. Not good to run out of the oil Brother. You must be vastly improved by now, right?

Interesting. I would think THC would go up a tad, not much using shake, etc. Makes sense any thing the solvent would carry would add to the total. The THC wouldn't make much difference because most of the flowers I get are at least 24-26% on average. Same with CBD and CBN. Its the other ones I'm interested in as well as the terpenes % increase as well. I'm always searching for new information, especially in the concentrates. By the way, did it increase volume of the oil by much (using an ounce as an example)? We had the same thought process, didn't want to waste solvent on shake, etc. All the extra's apparently came from the stem and that is the part that is interesting. It would be nice Brother if we could get the facts from the start, wouldn't it.

I've have great success using flowers making concentrates for cancer treatment. I will keep doing this way until I can start my next grow then when I harvest I will check that out. Frick'n solvent is expensive.

Really good to cya around Brother. As you probably know, I don't get out of this section much. I do like keeping up on the strain reviews.

I'm probably lucky to be alive after the 1st batch of goop or whatever. Thanks for getting me off high center when I asked ?'s.
I usually am on here, but in grow journals which I gave rest to in March. Back at it now. Like to not run out of the oil.
Yeah, I tripped out on mine & a few ppl's test results. We all had the same results, those who also paid for testing on a batch made from the whole plant.
I will post the results somehow. The whole plant based run had #'s and 3 letters for stuff not even included in the all bud runs. I frankly am still ignorant enough on cannabinoids, turpines, ect. that I can't jump on an articulate soap box. But, I'm still fighting cancer's sorry ass and I am using the whole plant as a base until new numbers or knowledge.
The testing ppl know I'm looking for THC, but the synergistic idea of the interactions of all these other cannabinoids with THC & THCA have me leaning down that road.

I don't like being the turd in the punch bowl, but I have stage 4 colon cancer met to liver. I'm supposed to be dead already.
I believe in the oil, but the truth is a cure is very rare. The oil helps me, but a cure? Probably not but I'm fighting.
I love when I learn another cancer patient is in remission. Again, very rare for stage 4 though.
Helps with the chemo symptoms but I'm still waiting for a "cure". Still hoping it works someday.

If you are that late in the process, may I suggest you watch this documentary to help speed up your recovery.

Cannabis does cure Caner, however if you continue putting the toxins causing it into your body, you won't heal nearly as fast. :love:

I don't like being the turd in the punch bowl, but I have stage 4 colon cancer met to liver. I'm supposed to be dead already.
I believe in the oil, but the truth is a cure is very rare. The oil helps me, but a cure? Probably not but I'm fighting.
I love when I learn another cancer patient is in remission. Again, very rare for stage 4 though.
Helps with the chemo symptoms but I'm still waiting for a "cure". Still hoping it works someday.

I disagree cajuncelt. Cannabis concentrated oil cures cancer Brother. All I get is late stage patients sent home to die. High potency strains averaging around 25% THC to kill cancer. High CBD strain for pain and inflammation and as close to pure Indica I can get for appetite increase and sleep. Proper dosing regimen and how to use the CBD and Indica oil combined with rest, proper diet and hydration is key. Also prescription meds come into play. I just meant someone who was sent home to die not only with stage 4 prostate cancer, but is addicted to morphine and narco (over a year on both). Also he has edema. His legs swell up like balloons and stiffens where he can barely move. Throw in two years of chemo/late stage radiation and the treatment becomes much more complicated. We know chemo can take the healing process twice as long.

If you don't mind give me your dosing regimen so I can review (be accurate plz). If I remember you had chemo also, correct? Tks bud.

I know our med can cure cancer. Of that there is no doubt. I know there are stage 4 patients that have been cured as well. But, stage 4 colon cancer already metatasized to other major organs has very little remission results even with the oil.
I personally know a patient with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, chemo regimens all gone through, in remission on oil alone.
I'm hoping to be 1 of the "chosen few" of colon cancer survivors.
Since I've been on the oil for about 18 months, my tolerance is WAY up there so I take about 1.5 grams a day in between cheek & gum, (3) 0.33 gram pills with oil & just started suppositories- three molds of 0.33g.

Back
Top Bottom