Humidity Position

HigherTheHigh

Got problems yet again and it was perfectly fine however the house and room it's in has slight damp but I'm staying around 65% tops but for the past week I was at 55-60% so slight fluctuations will end up for sure giving me rot ad I'm growing a strain prone to it.

When the lights are on the hm is around 50-55% but I have a low canopy so I thought would lifting the pots higher off the floor help with humidity seeing as though the filters closer to the canopy?

I also bought a heater as the temp can go from 27c to 19c within a few hours of lights off so bought a wardrobe bar heater and I'll get a thermostat controller so the temp always stays around 23-25c during the night and for the last hour of the night I'll switch it off to prevent overheating as the lights come on.

Any help would be great as I've always suffered from high humidity causing bud rot and you will never know how much it truly upsets me.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20201105_172732_617.jpg
    IMG_20201105_172732_617.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 42
Hey, Higher! Not a pro here by any stretch of imagination... just a grower but better airflow will help. I know you said low canopy but getting air under canopy should be a consideration. There may be benefits from lollipopping the underside leaves to create gap between damp soil and foliage.

Also sulfur is indicated as a preventative for botyritis... say so right on the package. Not a cure but a preventative. However.... I’ve read before that many growers chose to not apply in flower or late flower. It doesn’t harm the plant in late flower but many considered it might impart a bad taste in the produce.

I dust my soil lightly with sulfur throughout veg cycle... especially if I’m have fungus gnats....sulfur treated soil acts as repellent, they don’t want to land in it or try to lay eggs in treated soil. On a few grows I've used sulfur all the way from seedling to harvest, I didn’t pick up on any bad tastes in the produce but to be fair my sense of smell taste has always been distorted.

Also what’s your floor? If it’s concrete then yes elevate them... concrete in direct contact with earth weeps water vapor up thru the slab. Yes most newer homes are built with vapor barrier but if you think 6 mils of plastic sheeting under a concrete slab lasts more than a few years at best then I’ve got some prime swampland to sell you. I know you may loose headroom or possibly have to reset lights or whatever but if you are on a slab... that’s a major contributing factor your problem. Doesn’t matter if hardwood or click down floors, yes that’s a good starter layer but water vapor seeps right thru concrete at a rate of 24 X 7. Get foam sheets, use a shipping pallet, plant risers, trays whatevs if this applies.

You should be running at least one fan during lights off... and hopefully you are running several fans at lights on. I run 3 fans in a 4X4 tent

all right hope something sticks... best of luck!

You should get a dehumidifier and not a small one. My tent is 4x4 and my dehumidifier takes up 1 sq foot or so. I also have an inkbird controller for it. I also have a small ceramic heater with it's own separate controller. You can see the dehumidifier in the pic. It has a garden hose leading off to a bucket outside the tent. No need to remove the reservoir from the dehumidifier.
controllers.jpg
20201110_085147[1].jpg

Keep your temp up and use lots of air flow/circulation and air exchange. Keep air moving on the leaves and buds, keep the plants dancing. I have 6 fans overhead blowing down on my 32" x 66" grow tent 24/7, also two exhaust fans pulling air out of tent 24/7. I have 1- 8" fan exhausting air out of the room roof for air exchange with a passive filtered air intake for make up air. Temp in my grow space has been around 83 degrees F lights on during day. Just got cooler this week its been around 78. I quit using my AC and Dehumidifier cause they ran my electric bill up so high. I live on the coast in So Cal and my humidity averages 65% in the grow space.

Back
Top Bottom