Hutch's Perpetual Grow Journal

Yes,and yes!
Everything's looking good,Hutch! I think the Lambs Breath will take off any day now,especially under that Sweet new light...and the MegaCrop will give her a little kick in the butt to get her moving!
Thanks for that. I got in the habit of watering to run-off with the GH trio and have literally forgotten why, but I forget why I'm doing what I'm doing most of the time anyway so nothing new there. I imagine it was Emilya's tutorial that got me doing that so back to school I go.

Aloha Hutch!

Just got myself caught up here :yummy: Plants are looking wonderful! Hoping for a smooth grow and bountiful harvest on the new additions too!! Sending positive thoughts and vibes

Aloha!

Today's update...

First of all the Budget LED 120w light arrived! It was ready to hang, thank goodness, so we put it in and turned it up to about 80%.
IMG-2220.JPG

Meanwell driver is the ELG series and the dimmer switch is attached to the top of the light making it easy to adjust. I should also note that brokerage etc. from UPS added another CAD$86 to the cost putting it just over $300 Canadian delivered.

Day 30-3.JPG

Lambs Breath Day 30 - 17,800 lux - 24" from light - 3" tall

New lights were on for 6hrs last night and 5hrs this morning. They seem very bright but so far no detectable bleaching. The light meter readings are not comparable to the old light so I'll just put them here for my own use.

Day 30-1.JPG

AK-48 Day 30 - 20,700 lux - 20" from light - 9" tall

Day 30-3.JPG

AK-48 Day 30 - pre-flower. Bright lights make better photos.

Congrats on your new light.
If you're in a short grow area, save your self some time a get some "key rings" and a couple extra rachet hangers and forget about using the well made hangers that come with it.
This well give you about an extra 14" so you can raise them up higher, if needed.
It's harder to change them over, like I had to do in the middle of a grow.
My two cents.
Your plants look fantastic !

Congrats on your new light.
If you're in a short grow area, save your self some time a get some "key rings" and a couple extra rachet hangers and forget about using the well made hangers that come with it.
This well give you about an extra 14" so you can raise them up higher, if needed.
It's harder to change them over, like I had to do in the middle of a grow.
My two cents.
Your plants look fantastic !
That's a great idea! I am going to need that space very soon (I hope).

Here's today's update...

Day 32.JPG

Lambs Breath Day 32 - 21,000 lux - 18" from light - 3" tall

Day 32-1.JPG

AK-48 Day 32 - 21,000 lux - 18" from light - 10.75"

Day 32-2.JPG

AK-48 Day 32 (Day -1 of flower)

Last night this plant began to stink, maybe the unfurling of her flowers. I've been dreading setting up the big 6" x 18" carbon filter and AC Infinity fan. The simplest configuration is just putting the fan on the filter to suck through the carbon. Since I have no where to vent to anyway I just stuck it in the tent. It will blow air back into the tent since that's where it is.
IMG-2258.JPG

Will this work?

Here's the tent:
IMG-2263.JPG

Hello friends, here's the latest update...

Day 33-2.JPG

Lambs Breath Day 33 - 21,000 lux - 18" from light - 3" tall

Day 33-3.JPG

AK-48 Day 33 - 21,700 lux - 18" from light - 11" tall

Day 004-1.JPG

Phantom Cookies Domina Day 4 - 13,200 lux - 28" from light - 2" tall

Day 004-3.JPG

Chocolate Haze Day 4 - 13,200 lux - 28" from light - 2" tall

That's all folks, just a photo dump today.

They're all looking good Hutch- the seedlings look perfect!

Update for October 21, election day in Canada.

Day 34-2.JPG

Lambs Breath Auto Day 34 - 21,400 lux - 18" from light - 3" tall

Still growing slowly. The main stem has just about reached the side of the pot and we tied her down some more. A lot of foliage along the stem but the branches are not tall enough to get in there to clean it up.

Day 34-2.JPG

AK-48 Day 1/34 - 21,700 lux - 17" from light - 11.75" tall

Day 34-1.JPG

AK-48 Auto Day 1/34 - Day 1 of flower!

Day 005-1.JPG

Phantom Cookies Domina Day 5 - 13,200 lux - 28" from light - 2.75" tall
Second node is starting to develop and she is looking healthy.

Day 005-1.JPG

Chocolate Haze - Day 5 - 13,200 lux - 28" from light - 2.75" tall
Second node not as developed as on the PCD (aka. Philip C. Dick).

Tent 19-10-21.JPG

and here's the group shot.

Update for day after Canadian election (the politics-free version)...

Day 35-2.JPG

Lambs Breath Day 35 - 21,000 lux - 18" from light - 3" tall

The top grew enough today that I had to move the clamp up again. Some of the side shoots are poking out of the foliage so we may begin to see some structure soon. No plan to clamp any further so the apex will start its vertical climb at last. This means some of the side shoots will not make it to the canopy unless I figure out what to do. I could keep tying down the shoots until all the nodes are caught up but this is an autoflower...we'll see.

There is a little fading on a few leaves near the chopstick. The splotching is old but the yellow around the edges is new. I don't think it's feed-related as she's already at 5gm/gn Megacrop, probably just old leaves. They would be on the very bottom if the plant was growing upright. All the new growth looks beautiful so I'm leaving the light as is but we'll see what happens now that vertical growth is starting.

Day 35-3.JPG

AK-48 Day 2/35 - 23,000 lux - 16" from light - 12.75" tall

This lovely plant grew another inch overnight, I suppose she is not really in true flower yet but 50 days from now who will know the difference?

Day 35-1.JPG

AK-48 Day 2/35 She really likes this BudgetLED fixture!

Day 006-3.JPG

Phantom Cookies Domina Day 6 - 13,200 lux - 28" from light - 2" tall

Seed shell is still clamped on to the stem like a little pac-man trying to gobble our little plant before it even gets a chance. I'm going to leave it up to nature to see who wins this little battle.

Day 006-1.JPG

Chocolate Haze - Day 6 - 13,200 lux - 28" from light - 1.75" tall

Second node coming in. I'm really pleased with the response of these seedlings to the light, staying short and looks like tight node spacing. In any case I will be moving them to the new Vivosun vegging tent as soon as it arrives. I paid $12.98 extra to have it delivered yesterday instead of sometime in November. It's late in the day here and it still hasn't arrived. Tracking ends with the parcel leaving China in an airplane on October 18 (now Oct 22). Is that the plane that mysteriously went missing? :(

Tent 19-10-22.JPG

The tent.

Today's update...

First of all the Budget LED 120w light arrived! It was ready to hang, thank goodness, so we put it in and turned it up to about 80%.
IMG-2220.JPG

Meanwell driver is the ELG series and the dimmer switch is attached to the top of the light making it easy to adjust. I should also note that brokerage etc. from UPS added another CAD$86 to the cost putting it just over $300 Canadian delivered.

Day 30-3.JPG

Lambs Breath Day 30 - 17,800 lux - 24" from light - 3" tall

New lights were on for 6hrs last night and 5hrs this morning. They seem very bright but so far no detectable bleaching. The light meter readings are not comparable to the old light so I'll just put them here for my own use.

Day 30-1.JPG

AK-48 Day 30 - 20,700 lux - 20" from light - 9" tall

Day 30-3.JPG

AK-48 Day 30 - pre-flower. Bright lights make better photos.

Wow! Sorry for the delayed response! Hope you are loving the light.

Any questions, please let us know.

Today's update...

Day 36.JPG

Lambs Breath Day 36 - 22,000 lux - 18" from light - 3" tall

Day 36-1.JPG

AK-48 Day 3/36 - 25,000 lux - 15" from light - 14.5" tall

Day 007.JPG

Phantom Cookies Domina Day 7 - 13,200 lux - 28" from light - 2" tall

Day 007.JPG

Chocolate Haze - Day 7 - 13,200 lux - 28" from light - 2" tall

Veg tent has still not arrived. Figured out the Vivosun scam. I ordered from Vivosun via Amazon but when I clicked the email to give feed back it took me to feedback for a company called "CCbike" where there were only 5 feedbacks, 4 obviously phony 5-stars and one 1-star from another individual complaining tent hasn't arrived. Vivoscam therefore will not receive the 1-star review. I wonder if there is any way to let Amazon know this is happening and whether they care.

Today's update...

Day 36.JPG

Lambs Breath Day 36 - 22,000 lux - 18" from light - 3" tall

Day 36-1.JPG

AK-48 Day 3/36 - 25,000 lux - 15" from light - 14.5" tall

Day 007.JPG

Phantom Cookies Domina Day 7 - 13,200 lux - 28" from light - 2" tall

Day 007.JPG

Chocolate Haze - Day 7 - 13,200 lux - 28" from light - 2" tall

Veg tent has still not arrived. Figured out the Vivosun scam. I ordered from Vivosun via Amazon but when I clicked the email to give feed back it took me to feedback for a company called "CCbike" where there were only 5 feedbacks, 4 obviously phony 5-stars and one 1-star from another individual complaining tent hasn't arrived. Vivoscam therefore will not receive the 1-star review. I wonder if there is any way to let Amazon know this is happening and whether they care.

Wow that really stinks. Sorry to hear this. We are on the seller side of Amazon (recently) and they are really responsive. I image they are the same on the customer side.

That’s messed up man.
People suck.
Wow that really stinks. Sorry to hear this. We are on the seller side of Amazon (recently) and they are really responsive. I image they are the same on the customer side.
The babies are coming along nicely and lots of lovely growth all around, sorry to hear about that tent BS.
Tough luck on the tent Hutch but man the garden seems to be loving that 120W Kit! Lots of good growth and some strong plants in the making

Thanks friends! This morning I received an email from CCbike:
Amz-message.png

So I guess I'll wait as I haven't much choice. At least this implies that it wasn't fraud but I wish I could charge for the time I've spent waiting around for the delivery and I will be getting the $12.98 I paid to expedite delivery, lol.:lot-o-toke:

Here's the update for October 24th...

Day 37-3.JPG

Lambs Breath Day 37 - 23,000 lux - 18" from light - 3" tall

This Lambs Breath is finally beginning to take off. Two of the side shoots and the main stem are all beginning the vertical climb and several others are almost there. Removed four leaves to help it along.

Day 37.JPG

AK-48 Autoflower Day 4/37 - 27,000 lux - 15" from light - 15.25" tall

Lots of bud sites starting to show. Tucked a few big fan leaves out of the way for light penetration but I will not be doing much if any training as I want this chopped asap!

Day 008-1.JPG

Chocolate Haze - Day 8 - 13,200 lux - 28" from light - 2" tall

Day 008.JPG

Phantom Cookies Domina Day 8 - 13,200 lux - 28" from light - 2" tall

The view from above.
Tent 19-10-24.JPG

Thanks for dropping by!

Back
Top Bottom