Hypo Hippy Take Two: Hydro and Soil Combo Grow

What brand LED id that?
It's made by California Nursery. I use two UFO's made by them in the same spectrum.

HH, I'm ordering the same lamp that you got early next week. I want to swap the ufo that runs the length of my garden with the panel style that you have. Hopefully I can use the ufo in r2d2 as a cloning light but that's a whole other project.:)
Did your light come with those wing things on the side for hanging or does it have hooking points in the top of the fixture?

It's made by California Nursery. I use two UFO's made by them in the same spectrum.

HH, I'm ordering the same lamp that you got early next week. I want to swap the ufo that runs the length of my garden with the panel style that you have. Hopefully I can use the ufo in r2d2 as a cloning light but that's a whole other project.:)
Did your light come with those wing things on the side for hanging or does it have hooking points in the top of the fixture?
Hi brother,it did not come with the side thingys.I haven't a clue what they do.The hooking points do allow me to hang horizonly or verticaly(pardon the spelling).I'm thinking about another one in the near future.It sure beats $499 for one like it.I think the r2d2 would love it.:rollit:
HH

004408.JPG
--2nd gen white widow 10th week

003431.JPG

002458.JPG

001431.JPG
70/80 cloudy- 10th week flower-4th day of flush

Looks good HH, but man ten weeks and it looks like they're no where close to being ready. I think you've got heavy sativa dominating genes and these girls might go 15 weeks +!
:popcorn:

Hi OB,they definetly are sativa dom.I will say that the last batch does smoke good,i don't really want a couch lock,going to flush for another week and see whatsup.The above photos were taken 3-4 days ago.Any way i'm a happy camper,the next clone are in week 4.

Reference you buying another led light,i see ebay has one like i have(same specs) for 160 beans. whatcha think?:peace:

HH

Nice HH!
They seem to like the new light. Are you noticing anything better than before you introduced the led?

Hi OB,

I'm not to good on keeping the journal up dated,but i'll try.

right now i have the 3rd gen clones all together with the 10 week clones.the youngest are under the 280w cfl,right next to them are the almost done (10 week) under the 120w led.I cut the main cola's on the oldest(13.5oz wet),they are drying.Going to let them ripen a week or so,to see if i want to have more amber.

The led seems to be tightening up the buds.

My reason for moving them all together was my last power bill lol.they are all in one spot so i'm now running 1 small a/c 400w combined lights,dehumidifier,and a few fans.After i harvest the rest of the old girls i may switch back to the 400w hps & the led.I hope i confused you as much as i did myself.lol
Thanks for stopping
HH:blunt::tokin::hookah:

Oh the dreaded utility bill!:tokin:
I'm guessing that your plants are in an open room and not a cab or tent right?
Down the road if you want to put up a small 4'x4' tent in that room close to the ac you can contain the enviroment and reduce your bill.
You would be able to dump the dehumidifier and replace it with a good blower to eliminate the humidity, excess heat, and odor all together.
Plus you would eliminate the heat produced by the dehumidifier and thus make the ac not work so hard to cool the room. If the ac does not have a thermostat you can put it on a good analog timer to run when the lights are on and intermittently during lights off
On my small window unit ac I cut out the vent grill and jammed some 4" rigid duct into it and routed the duct into my bloom cab. It keeps all 1040 watts at only 84 degrees and the temps plummet to 68 during lights off. I'll take a pic later and throw it up in my journal.

Oh the dreaded utility bill!:tokin:
I'm guessing that your plants are in an open room and not a cab or tent right?
Down the road if you want to put up a small 4'x4' tent in that room close to the ac you can contain the enviroment and reduce your bill.
You would be able to dump the dehumidifier and replace it with a good blower to eliminate the humidity, excess heat, and odor all together.
Plus you would eliminate the heat produced by the dehumidifier and thus make the ac not work so hard to cool the room. If the ac does not have a thermostat you can put it on a good analog timer to run when the lights are on and intermittently during lights off
On my small window unit ac I cut out the vent grill and jammed some 4" rigid duct into it and routed the duct into my bloom cab. It keeps all 1040 watts at only 84 degrees and the temps plummet to 68 during lights off. I'll take a pic later and throw it up in my journal.

Your correct, the room is open room(bath),the other room is a 4x8x8 closet.I have considered moving the a/c (5000 btu) into the closet,but where i messed up was growing in the summer. the closet works fine in the winter.
the rh here is pretty dank averages 70% with out the dehumidifier. I could use some fine tuning,i need to get off my lazy a$$ and get er done.I'll get even lazier when the "Tide" starts rolling.lolI need a plan and stick to it.:tokin:

BTW did you check out the light i pm'ed you about?

HH:blunt:

I'm the same way during football season.lol. That's when my garden really needs to be on autopilot.
The link didnt work but I did a search and found it. Found several actually. Some are definate garbage but I did come across three that were very intriguing. The main one I like was actually a quad band with excellent nm numbers across the board but it may have been a one light only deal. Found a few more that are in China but anything made in China puts out a red flag for me. I'm very much a buy American guy no matter how good something that's Chinese made claims to be. Chinese gear just does not last. If the quad band does'nt come up again I'll either go with the Cal Nursery unit or another just like it which is the one i think you found. It's made in USA and comes with a two year warranty. Has the same specs as the Cali.;)

I'm the same way during football season.lol. That's when my garden really needs to be on autopilot.
The link didnt work but I did a search and found it. Found several actually. Some are definate garbage but I did come across three that were very intriguing. The main one I like was actually a quad band with excellent nm numbers across the board but it may have been a one light only deal. Found a few more that are in China but anything made in China puts out a red flag for me. I'm very much a buy American guy no matter how good something that's Chinese made claims to be. Chinese gear just does not last. If the quad band does'nt come up again I'll either go with the Cal Nursery unit or another just like it which is the one i think you found. It's made in USA and comes with a two year warranty. Has the same specs as the Cali.;)

Let me know what you do,thanks
HH

Back
Top Bottom