Hypo Hippy's first indoor grow

There are certain strains known for having red/purple stems. However, when the red starts to bleed into the leaves, then 9 times out of 10 it's a Phos. deficiency...the odds of it being Phos deficiency goes up to nearly 100% if the stems/leaves start going pink/red/purple in flower, when the plant is sucking it up at unbelievable rates.

Bat guano teas are an instant feed application, and are an extremely useful tool in getting targeted NPK numbers to the plant fast.

Interesting bit of knowledge, Thanks Southern! Mine are just red/purple on the leaf stems (don't know what you call that). I surely don't need it on the leaves!

Thank you Southerweed for helping our buddy, Hypo out with his problems. Reps!

If it is on the leaf stems, not the stalks then it is quite possibly sulphur issue. Meaning you would need to lower ph or add sulphur. will try get more info

any discolouration yet on leaves? i.e getting paler?
is ph high?
soil not hydro right?

If it is on the leaf stems, not the stalks then it is quite possibly sulphur issue. Meaning you would need to lower ph or add sulphur. will try get more info

any discolouration yet on leaves? i.e getting paler?
is ph high?
soil not hydro right?

I've always had a tough time keeping the pH up!

hmm, well sulphur is often casued by high ph but can also be from high Calcium.

Phosphorus is more a leaf issue, almost black/purpley spots.

It could be a strain; alternatively fertilizer containing magnesium is usally good. Do they sell kieserite over there? Epsom salts might work but usually suggested in hydro as oppose to soil.

Id wait to see if leaves get paler maybe. Is it the older leaves?

There are certain strains known for having red/purple stems. However, when the red starts to bleed into the leaves, then 9 times out of 10 it's a Phos. deficiency...the odds of it being Phos deficiency goes up to nearly 100% if the stems/leaves start going pink/red/purple in flower, when the plant is sucking it up at unbelievable rates.

Bat guano teas are an instant feed application, and are an extremely useful tool in getting targeted NPK numbers to the plant fast.

All true but at this stage in plant growth it is better to use a nutrient with a balanced NPK as the red stems is just one half of his problem! and they all need fixing but not one at a time. Here is a quote from the deficiency problems solver

Phosphorous deficiencies are distinct.
Purple stems, leaf stems, leaf veins and stunted growth are a sure sign of a Phosphorous deficiency.
Leaves will also tend to be smaller and dark green, and may or may not include necrotic patches. Bud size will be smaller and underdeveloped, as will the root mass.

yellow leaves are not apart of the deficiency! and after the heavy flushing that was done it would be better to add a balanced fertilizer as the soil is obviously lacking in nutrients altogether...

thanks to all that are trying to help.

i probably haven't posted enough information,as to what was done after flushing,they were fed balanced nutes and i am in the process of continuing to do so.i would imagine the the growers in "the know" that it takes time,i don't have that much experience, but i have found that it doesn't happen over night and i can only follow one master :peace:

thanks to all that are trying to help.

i probably haven't posted enough information,as to what was done after flushing,they were fed balanced nutes and i am in the process of continuing to do so.i would imagine the the growers in "the know" that it takes time,i don't have much experience but i have found that it don't happen over night and i can only follow one master :peace:

Oh the wisdom...you are a wise hippy. :ganjamon: You are in good hands with that guy. Can't wait til they return to the fullness of their lifes and just start swelling for you. I love this part!!! :popcorn:

So they had yellowing leaves or not amigo?

The records I have from freinds here suggest Suplhur as big possibility with the purple stems but not the leaves as I said and am keep trying to learn the differences so that I can diagnise my own planst better when needed.

:thumb:

To all y'all checking here in hippy land just wanted to say that as always we appreciate all the interest, concern and discussion that has taken place on our thread and welcome all in the future. To T.B.D specifically, yes you are correct that the plants look like they need nitrogen...it wasn't specifically mentioned, but we have been supplementing the nitrogen (above and beyond the normal nute regimen for this stage of the grow). The emphasis has been on Phosphorus (at least the "printed" emphasis) but we have never veered off the course of trying to feed the plants a balanced diet. I can see how any of you reading JUST the thread and seeing ONLY what we have been writing could come to the wrong or incomplete conclusion, but rest assured we have been doing alot of the correspondence over the PM route and have been doing quite a bit more than is just presented in our forum thread. Once again, thanks to all and I really appreciate all the help/advice and will continue to ask for and thank all for sharing. Please keep checking in with us and we will continue to keep y'all informed in how our ladies are doing. Peace out!

Brother just trying to help and i know that it gets confusing when a *hundred and one people* are all telling you, there way of doing things!

So its understandable to me, that following only one persons advise is the better option and believe that with there help, some hands on experience and some good books you'll achieve your green thumbs in know time! :nicethread:

Tbd

hey fellows,
thought i would check in and let any one interested whats going on.well spring has hit down south,been fishing last three or four days(actually catching to).my two plants are hanging in,the buds are fatting up nicely,been watering every two days,feeding every other water,today gave the last dose of beasty bloom,im about three weeks or so from harvest. The clones i took three weeks ago are finally starting to grow. next grow i'm going to try two in a bubble tub and two in soil,this time it will be ocean forest,hopefully i won't make the mistake i did the first time.i.ll post some picture in a day or so.:bong:

hey fellows,
thought i would check in and let any one interested whats going on.well spring has hit down south,been fishing last three or four days(actually catching to).my two plants are hanging in,the buds are fatting up nicely,been watering every two days,feeding every other water,today gave the last dose of beasty bloom,im about three weeks or so from harvest. The clones i took three weeks ago are finally starting to grow. next grow i'm going to try two in a bubble tub and two in soil,this time it will be ocean forest,hopefully i won't make the mistake i did the first time.i.ll post some picture in a day or so.:bong:

What are ya fishing for? Always nice when they're biting. Three weeks? Very much like some of mine. It will be a great time for both of us!

thanks woods for stopping by,
i've been catching spotted & large mouth bass,caught 18 friday,stocking up for the winter.

we both should be in good shape for nugs in a month or so,:smokin:

here's some pictures- six weeks in flower.
005322.JPG

005322.JPG

002382.JPG

004338.JPG

003351.JPG

Nice haul on the Bass, Up here, the season doesn't start until first Sat in May, just pan fish now in the lakes. Rivers are running now with Walleye.

Big fat buds my friend! You are going to reap in a terrific harvest in a few weeks! +++Reps

Back
Top Bottom