My JD Lightings 600w Ballast Grow Journal & Review #2

Re: My Jd 600w ballast review, and grow.#2

Great job 209! man I'd love to live in a legal state, in fact once they over to buy p this lot again i'm outta here.. as for now it kinda sucks, only thing me and my boy are working with is mid range seeds....but I posted to tell ya we got some of the same gear, I got the same hydrohut hood, and i'm using the same old style ballast....I tell ya, I got a hydrohut silver edition 5X5 tent, awesome tent...now I just need to make the move to use it....:peace:

Great job 209! man I'd love to live in a legal state, in fact once they over to buy p this lot again i'm outta here.. as for now it kinda sucks, only thing me and my boy are working with is mid range seeds....but I posted to tell ya we got some of the same gear, I got the same hydrohut hood, and i'm using the same old style ballast....I tell ya, I got a hydrohut silver edition 5X5 tent, awesome tent...now I just need to make the move to use it....:peace:
make that move Tricks, thanks for stopping by.

Nice! I gotta tell you I didn't think there was going to be much here at the beginning of your Journal. But it, along with all your plants have definitely perked up. Haha If I had two HID lights who knows what I could do. I'm envious..

Oh hey and Tricks, the sooner you put your tent into action the sooner you get to reap the rewards.

Nice! I gotta tell you I didn't think there was going to be much here at the beginning of your Journal. But it, along with all your plants have definitely perked up. Haha If I had two HID lights who knows what I could do. I'm envious..

Oh hey and Tricks, the sooner you put your tent into action the sooner you get to reap the rewards.
Thanks, had some sick plants. I never worked with before, so they slowed me down a few weeks, plus no cash to put in the grow, but at's taking off.Will have some Granddaddy purple, and two of something else??We see next week:420:

Also switching my nutes back to organic's, been using Alaska fish 5-1-1 with awesome results.Going to get alaska bloom 0-10-10 soon.My bloom boost will be bat poop 0-10-1.

Dumping fox farm as, my main nutes.

Thanks, had some sick plants. I never worked with before, so they slowed me down a few weeks, plus no cash to put in the grow, but at's taking off.Will have some Granddaddy purple, and two of something else??We see next week:420:

Well here's to hopes that you don't get sick ones this time! :roorrip:

I have yet to try any real GDP, but from what I've heard and seen it's a great choice.

Well plants have spider mites(mad)!I just can't have them in flower!!!!!

I've been using pepper spay which it did help, but now they seem to be not dying ???I know my mix is very good, because I have to wear rubber gloves, because last time I peed , and my dick was on fire!lol

Well I might go to the hydro store and get some neam oil?

What are you guys using?

JD light ballast is the shits, been hot the last 3 days.Temp was at 87f at the heat of the day, had it at 75%, drooped it to 50% temp drooped to 84f.Nice having a mh, hps, all in one, plus I can veg or flower at 300w, then blast them with 610w in flower.

I was going to get a hortilux bulb $75, and read the High times digital ballast bulb report, and they talked to hortilux, and they said not to use a digital ballast with them??????WOW.aND THE BULBS THEY WANT YOU TO USE IS A PLANTMAGNEM?iTHINK for digital.

Well if this is true then I'll just use Interlux bulbs $35.I used that brand bulb on my last grow, with great success,
Picture_557.jpg
and are for digital ballast too.

Re: My JD Lightings 600w Ballast Grow Journal and Review #2

sorry for no pics, computer went down, pics will be up soon with some new info.

Well been feeding my plants with 511 fish 1 tbs to 2 gallons water with tiger bloom 1 tsp and a half-- 7.5ml.Plants have been loving that mix.I feed them that every watering.

Going to move my plants in the flower room soon, but will be just my clones, and one or two older plants???Will flower with the JD ballast soon, and the xtrasun 600w ballast in flower.

As for me been working a lot, so sorry for the delay.

Picture_3842.jpg
Picture_3832.jpg
Picture_3822.jpg
Picture_3802.jpg
Picture_378.jpg
Picture_377.jpg
Picture_3812.jpg
Picture_375.jpg

fyi I was trying different nutes mix and plants where getting yellow, so I went stronger on the fish nutes.

I tried Alaskan bloom, but my plants show better, faster, green with 2-8-4 Trigger bloom with Alaskan fish nutes

I used the Fox Farm grow big with big bloom, and it was okay, but with Alaskan fish, and Tigger bloom my plants are looking better, then with just using ff alone.Will see how it gose

Plants are loving the 100% 600w mh bulb, and JD ballast on them.I do see them growing faster with less stretch with the JD ballast.Wth my 400 watt mh ballast the plants would stretch more with less nods, where with the 600w JD ballast are making my plants really bushy with a lot more nods and less stretch.

This ballast is a very good at was it does, but at less cost then the other name brand ballasts!!I also love that it's completely silent.

Picture_1068.jpg
Their engineers use modern, state-of-the-art equipment to create high-performing ballasts for consistent light output, bulb compatibility, safety and energy efficiency. They are tested one by one for quality control so you don't have to worry about low quality ballasts any longer because we know you would rather concentrate on your grow. JD-Lighting ballasts has dimming feature of 50%, 75%, 100%, with the 110% being proven to actually hit 1100W. Their electronic ballast dims gradually, while leading competitors use a single dimming method where users experience a sudden brightness, then dims to a low aluminum level. This may cause damage to the lamps. Our resonance ignition is also designed for the right amount of voltage to strike the lamp in order to initiate a gradual ignition rather than a fast single-ignition strike.

To protect ballast life, we concentrate on operating with the right filters and voltage limiters to control voltage fluctuation supplied to the ballast. The series of longevity tests we undergo are tested according to the U.S. Standard for HID Ballasts, UL Listed and assure safety standards to the highest. JD Ballasts' failure rate is less than 1%.

It can strike and keep all Metal Halide lamps on, unlike competing digital ballasts. It can boost a lamp to 110%, and dim the lamps also. It runs cooler, it's ligher weight, and most importantly, it has a 15 minute hot start delay, BUILT IN. What does that mean, you ask!?Let's say your power goes out for a minute then it turns back on, this ballast will wait fifteen minutes for the HID bulb to cool down before turning the bulb back on! No other ballast has this feature. This guarantees your lamps are on more often than any other ballast.

Specifications:

120/240 volt
HPS/MH
Dimmable to 75% and 50%
Power Boost to 110%
15 minute hot start delay
Standard Lamp Recepticle
5 year warranty (3 year warranty replacement, plus 2 years prorated credit)

Back
Top Bottom