J9Black's 1st Grow Ever - Phototron Pro - Grow Tent - Cloning

Re: J9Black's 1st Grow Ever: Phototron Pro - Grow Tent - Cloning

I wouldn't mind if this was moved to a new thread.

I knew a good man whose 8 year old son was run over and killed by a man in a work truck. I think the boy was on his bicycle and the big work truck took a corner too tightly--by all accounts an accident. The police believed he was under the influence of pot--but, couldn't prove it given the technology of the time just 8 years ago. It was heartbreaking; but it was an accident.

There is a new bill being sponsored to almost force police to suspect citizens driving under the influence of drugs: APNewsBreak: Police seek help on drugged driving

I am opposed to this for several reasons.

There is any number of factors that can cause someone to be in a less than a perfect state of mind or being while on the road. There is the classic cell phone and texting factors, putting on make-up, and the highly underrated, eating and driving. I will never drive drunk again, but I have. The most dangerous I have ever been was driving while sleepy and tired.

Driving aggravated or impatiently causes one to take really stupid chances. How about driving under emotional duress?

There is already a crime for killing someone accidentally. Yes, alcohol and drugs should be considered aggravating factors in those crimes...but it shouldn't be a crime until there is a victim.

Just driving down the road under the influence of medicine itself, should not be *enough* to have our civil liberties violated. This new bill would make it possible for police to pull over anyone and drug test...maybe, someone driving too slow. I like police, but this is wrong, wrong, wrong.

What about those studies that show drunk driving deaths went down in states after MMJ legalization? What hypocritical law is the nanny state go to pass now in the interest of the public good?

I had a family member who was a decorated navy pilot. He died in his early 80s, but the last few years were painful and this great patriot was popping Vicodin like pez. This man had landed bombers on aircraft carriers at night during Korea and Vietnam. You have heard how hard that is.

So, when this naval aviator said he was ok to drive, I took him at his word. Other than being an old man driving, he was fine.

This country needs to wake up to the fact that people are in pain, suffering, and lonely. Love can only do so much. Drugs can only do so much--but, they help. If we allow feeling better to be a crime, then many of our family members, loved ones, and ourselves will become, or already are criminals.

We can do something about loneliness, pain and suffering. We can urge our politicians to end the War on Drugs. We can make pain management a *right*.

Of course, the alcoholics in DC would take exception to that...

Bad news. Fungus gnats have wiped out my entire tent grow with the exception of Michael and Taylor, both of whom had been moved to the flowering tent. I am closely monitoring those two. Even though I had instinctively slowed down the watering, it is too late for Lisa and probably too late for the bag ladies. I am going to dump it all, soil and everything and start a new batch.

I have No Gnat (r) coming for the next crop. Grow and learn.

The colas and secondary buds in the Phototron Pro continue to grow very well. No gnats there.

My investment in FF soil and grow pots and bags is minimal. Those can be repurposed for outdoor Spring grows of vegetables. No waste.

I may switch to hydro!

BTW, neem spraying and OTC organic pesticide, even No Pest Strips didn't do shite here.

I saw it coming, but I couldn't stop it.

I guess insect life breaks through too.

Yeah, I have found a few gnats flying around mine as well. I have only seen 3 gnats, I killed all 3 of them. I am sure I will see more but for the meantime I have been keeping it a bit dryer in there and I am going to use neem as well.

I wish I had paid closer attention to your post...

I have a DWC basic kit (x2) coming and will be converting at least the veg tent to hydro. When Michael and/or Taylor are done flowering, my new DWC clones (if they survive) will get moved. I document all of this as a study on how plans change through the annual cycle of a steady medicine supply.

I am looking at a decent WoWo harvest by the end of February, with Michael and/or Taylor being ready by March Madness. Maybe DWC clones ready by June. Then, it is just the Phototron through the summer until October.

The DWC is here. I will start germinating a couple seeds tomorrow, and probably setup the hydroponic system in a week or so. I will need to get some RO water. A lot of it.

Here is a surprise...I put the bag ladies and Lisa outside and they are now showing some life in new growth. I might be able to pull them back from the brink. Michael and Taylor are flowering well but showing the same damage from fungus gnats as those rehabilitating outside. Even so, I treated all of the plants with Nognat.

There is hope for those two bag seed girls.

I just need Lisa to get well enough for me to cut clones and get something for my money.

In other news, I had my first look ever at REAL trichomes on one of the three WoWo, Chloe I think. They are REAL, and mine. Wow. It is true, they can be grown! They are nice and clear with the bulbous heads. I am thinking ten days to two weeks to harvest.

Nice!

GO GNAT--not NoGnat--appears to be working. I shook Taylor and ony a few gnats flew out. Michael seems to be in better shape than Taylor, as usual.

Both are flowering well.

Go Gnat is made of cedar oil and some lauryl sulfate. Both, good things. I doubt I will taste cedar when I partake, but I will report.

Two Amsterdam seeds that came free with my WhWi are now germinating using the paper towel method. God, it seems like a long, long time ago that I first started this adventure. My first harvest is maybe ten days away. Fuck, yeah.

It is funny. In thinking about all this, the three WoWo fates in the Phototron Pro LED were practically maintenance free. Especially in contrast with the rather high maintenance grow tent grows. If it wasn't a rip in a tent corner, broken zipper, blown fuses, or broken bulbs in the mail...it was retarded yoyos and fucking gnats.

So, yeah...I love my auto feeding Phototron. I love it.

It will be awhile, but I cannot wait until the next upgrade.

Treated with GoGnat again. Gnats are still hanging around, so still a problem...but I won't give up on Michael and Taylor.

The bag ladies seem to be rebounding outside. I may keep them there for another month. Maybe Lisa will make it too.

I am a first time grower. Predictably, I am chomping at the bit to harvest. I will push myself to wait for it...but as soon as those trichomes go cloudy, I am ready with the shears.

The once gnat infested plants are now rebounding--though slowly. There is hope. A long dry veg state might be what the doctor ordered.

Micheal is now looking horrible and even worse than Taylor. If I am right, she is going through the last of the larval feeding on her roots. The newly minted adult gnats will hopefully die or disappear soon.

No germination from the free Amsterdam seeds. After the WhWi, I am not surprised.

Recovering bag ladies and Lisa:
IMG00011-20120215-1033.jpg

Michael, always stronger than Taylor:
IMG00012-20120215-1034.jpg

And now finally Taylor...
IMG00013-20120215-1035.jpg

I think the gnats are under control. I have to give the vinegar bowl method a thumbs up. I had a few lingering gnats here and there until I put the aluminum covered bowl in the flowering tent (with fork tine holes punched through the top).

I just treated with spinosad for the first time as well. I saw new leaf growth, so I juiced the foliar spraying with BLOOM and some FF nitrogen rich formula. The flowering is maybe three or weeks along. I am in good shape there.

The spinosad will be cleaned out in five or six weeks. Cedar smell/taste should be gone by then too.

So it's looking like I will have dried and cured bud by March Madness from the three WoWo fates. Taylor and Michael will be there around Cinco de Mayo. As soon as Lisa is strong enough I will get some clone cuttings going in the new hydro setup. Those should be ready by July 4th.

The Bag Ladies and Lisa will veg all summer. I may keep those two outside through July and bring them inside a separate flowering tent for the stinky phase. I don't expect much quality or yield out of any of those girls. Lisa's value now is clone mother.

Michael and Taylor continue to improve. It is interesting, very interesting. There is no doubt that some of each plant died--BUT, it opened up the plant so a lot of buds at the lower levels of the plant are getting more light. They are blooming, seemingly, to the same size as the top colas. We'll see.

Lisa was broken in half this morning, slumped over herself like a green rag doll. It had to be the darned wild rabbits gnawing at her. Regardless, I moved Lisa and the Bag Ladies back to the veg tent. I am more confident now with the spinosad. Those recovering gals will be there until Michael and Taylor meet their fates, and then it's to the flowering tent for them as well.

Which means...I am pushing back the DWC grow. There's been nothing from the Amsterdam bonus seeds. Nothing yet from the two newly added bag seeds. All four seeds in rockwool--my first use of them. No worries, it will all happen in good time. God's time.

I went to check on the revitalization of the bag ladies and Lisa. WTF?! GNATS!

I sprayed again with spinosad.

If there isn't improvement soon, I am going back to plan A and dumping the lot. The dirt is turning out to be frustrating...I may just abandon it altogether after Michael and Taylor.

No matter what I read, the verdict is the same...wait for [the amber trichomes]. Maybe Sunday, likely not.

On a bit of good news, one of the Am$terdamn seeds is sprouting. Right now, that would make this the $180 sprout. Even if this SOB has balls, I am smoking it!

Maybe I will begin the DWC in two weeks.

verry nice journal so far J9B mate, glad to see that atleast two of them amsterdam seeds came through, all plants are looking good from my end verry nice.. to say it's your first grow your doing great, keep it up xD!

John Hughes' "The Breakfast Club" was about how one joint could unload the weight, the angst and pressure of life in high school, or anywhere.

For those, that break the cannabis law...mess with the bull, get the horns.

I did myself some favors...

I moved Lisa and the Bag Ladies permanently outside, until the flower stage or death. Dear Lord, i just need one good clone from Lisa. One to be the new mother! All will be nurtured but I will cut them down if I am not satisfied with the progress.

I picked up some more medicine, and have maybe one half ounce...enough to last me for about a month. Assuming two more weeks to harvest the Three Fates of Wonder Woman, no water cure but a two day phase dry in the food dehydrator. Two weeks to cure and I am golden. I hope the yield on these three is more than an ounce total. One point two five to two ounces would be very satisfactory. Anything over two dry would fricken'' phenomenal

Back
Top Bottom