J9Black's 1st Grow Ever - Phototron Pro - Grow Tent - Cloning

Re: J9Black's 1st Grow Ever: Phototron Pro - Grow Tent - Cloning

Michael and Taylor still struggle to recover. They may not have enough energy to really flower. The bud will be weak and small. For these reasons, I will water cure the flowers to increase potency and purge them. If I get an ounce or two from both in five to six weeks, I would be thrilled as they would be my first "seed to success"--AND they have been through hell.

That is enough medicine I think to last me until fall, by then these two new sprouts that I will grow via DWC should be cured. The way it is working now is the Phototron will always have a single known female clone all year long in contiguous cycles.

Somthing will always be vegetating in tent one and something always flowering in two. I will never have anything over the state's legal limit, so may eventually donate for free to an Iraq or Afghan veteran. I'll know more after my first harvest.

I finally did say farewell to Lisa and the bag ladies. Plants and dirt dropped into the garbage bin.

I have the two new "bonus" sprouts. They will be next in the veg tent--again, DWC, not soil.

Michael and Taylor are OK, not beautiful. I water every three days to keep the gnats at bay.

If I get over two ounces from the three WoWo, I will just go ahead and donate Michael and Taylor to a veteran for free.

There is something different with the three WoWo in the Phototron...the leaves looked tired and the buds a bit smaller. I reseated all of the hose fittings on the automatic feeder. I will have pictures tomorrow. The trichomes are now half clear half cloudy. If the plant is sinking into distress, I will have no choice but to harvest Saturday morning.

I checked the water level this morning and there was definitely a precipitous drop. I think there was a problem with the vacuum seal on the automatic feeder. No worries. I am soooooo close. I think Saturday or Sunday is it.

IMG00015-20120229-0614.jpg

IMG00016-20120229-0614.jpg

IMG00017-20120229-0614.jpg

Wonder Woman harvest. Today I did Lachesis, the larger of the three in the Phototron. Trimming the leaves off was tedious work, I may have to invest in an automatic trimmer someday.

Anyway, the buds were separated into three levels/trays. Smaller buds on the bottom...etc. They are now dehydrating.

I will put them in mason jars overnight, dry some more tomorrow and then put them back into the mason jars to cure for 10 days.

Of course, I might sample one first!

BTW, total weight clean and sticky: 127 grams. 25% of that would be 31.75 grams or 1.1 ounces. Not bad! The other two should yield at least an ounce or more. I'll know more after the smoking, but I'm very pleased with the results so far.

IMG00025-20120301-1600.jpg
IMG00026-20120301-1601.jpg
IMG00027-20120301-1601.jpg

So, tomorrow is week 10 since I started on 12s. I will do Clotho in week 11 and Atropos in week 12 and have lovely mason jars lined up and labeled by strain, harvest time (-2, -1, E, +1, +2, etc.), and effect.

I have never been more interested in anything in my adult life (outside of faith, family and work). Not video games, basketball, college, motorcycling, electronic gadgets (comes close)...*nothing*. Not ATVs, shooting, or camping. Nothing has been more awesome than growing and "designing" my own medicine. All my days add up to today and I wouldn't change a thing....but wow, I have lived so much of my life as a fool.

I sampled some slightly damp Wonder Woman bud for the first time--vaping a modest bowl in my Iolite. A couple of weeks ago, I added the three pronged bowl insert and my Iolite is now TWICE as effective!

The vape hits were as smooth as breathing. I did miss the minty taste...I have grown fond of it. Like creme brûlée.

The potency was ass kickingly fantastic. It is no myth, early harvest buds produce a mind tripingly energetic experience. Wow. The overall effect was intense and long lasting. 4 hours plus, no joke.

One reason I harvested before a single amber trichome was found was that I had been flushing for two weeks. I wanted to do some dollar (cannabis) cost averaging to mitigate my risk from the early cleansing. I still want to spread the harvest of the other two over more weeks as I already wrote; but I will play it by what my senses tell me.

I sampled some slightly damp Wonder Woman bud for the first time--vaping a modest bowl in my Iolite. A couple of weeks ago, I added the three pronged bowl insert and my Iolite is now TWICE as effective!

The vape hits were as smooth as breathing. I did miss the minty taste...I have grown fond of it. Like creme brûlée.

The potency was ass kickingly fantastic. It is no myth, early harvest buds produce a mind tripingly energetic experience. Wow. The overall effect was intense and long lasting. 4 hours plus, no joke.

One reason I harvested before a single amber trichome was found was that I had been flushing for two weeks. I wanted to do some dollar (cannabis) cost averaging to mitigate my risk from the early cleansing. I still want to spread the harvest of the other two over more weeks as I already wrote; but I will play it by what my senses tell me.

Congrats on all the great work man and that description of how the wonder woman smoked made my mouth water.

Waiting wouldn't have worked. The plants were dying or already dead. So I disassembled the Phototron for cleaning and harvested Clotho and Atropos. It took me 2.5 hours to clean both plants. The yield, if true to estimates, will be 1.5 ounces plus the 1.1 from Lachesis for a haul of 2.6 ounces.

I have Michael and Taylor still flowering plus two new sprouts. With three ounces on the way within five months, I am done for the year. I am going to have to donate excess to stay legal. The Phototron will get cleaned and prepped though for the next clone teen--which MUST be a solid indica dominant strain.

With respect to the "one thousand bud sites", I can't say those claims are wrong....it sure felt like a thousand cleaning it.

The grow tents will get shut down after this run, until October. At that time I will prep the next year's crop with a lot more experience under my belt, and the confidence of success. Thank you all who tuned in. Thank you all who also documented your knowledge and experience. I couldn't have done it without you.

:thanks:

Moderator, how do I close this journal?

OK, cleaned up the Phototron in preparation for the next clone. Maybe I'll keep this going until Michael and Taylor are harvested as they would be my first "seed to success".

IMG00028-20120304-1119.jpg

My thinking that the fates were dehydrated prior to harvest is proving out. The food dehydrator worked perfectly on Clotho and Atropos and those two yielded 55 grams or two ounces. I expect to get 1.4 ounces when Lachesis is finished tomorrow. Again, aside from an occasional Sunday morning motivational nugget (BEG), the 3.3 ounces will cure for a couple of weeks.

Wow, darned good yield...a damned good yield.

I will donate the excess to stay legal.

The small veg tent has been decommissioned until October.

For the next Phototron grow I plan on putting the aerating ring on the bottom, followed by rock pellets from the two DWC kits I have. I will then layer on the moss peat. The two perhaps four seedlings will get converted to soil and vegetate for five or six weeks until Michael and Taylor are curing, then it is a quick turn to flowering as soon as possible.

*After* the new seedlings are moved to veg in the big tent, *then* I will get an intense indica clone...Afghan Kush...? To ride out the summer in the PhoPro. The unexpected yield has changed everything.

The stickup lights that I had added to the PhoPro sucked. They weren't bright enough, and kept falling. So, I ordered a T6 fluorescent kit with brackets. It will void my warranty but I will add this 58 watt circline bulb to both provide a lower cost per KWH alternate lighting source, but also to improve/correct the coloring (from the overpowering pink) as well as improving the esthetic. Sometimes I will be in a fluorescent white mood for gazing and pictures.

Those pictures will turn out *much* better than these:
DSCF8128.JPG

Update, finished yield on Lachesis was 1.2 ounces plus the 2.0 from the other two. This totals 3.2 ounces on my first grow from clones in the Phototron.

I know, probably no one is reading my stuff anymore. No worries. This whole experience is now documented for the rest of time. Maybe some day my children will read it.

Anyway, I have purely subjective grades so far. Some of you may not agree with them, but here they are!

0 to 9 with 9=A++ 4 “Stars and Volcanic”

Description Weighting Grading Score
Spousal support 10 10 100
Phototron Pro LED 10 8 80
Home growing 7 10 70
Hydroponic growing 7 10 70
Portable vaporizing 10 7 70
Wonder Woman strain 6 10 60
Iolite with 3 pronged insert 7 8 56
Dispensaries 7 7 49
Friends of the cause 6 7 42
Grow Tents 5 7 35
Growing indoors 5 7 35
Bongs 4 7 28
HID Lights 7 4 28
LED lights 3 9 27
Dirt grow 6 4 24
Iolite 6 4 24
Cannabutter 3 7 21
Magic Brownies 3 7 21
Education of children 5 3 15
Lembas Bread 3 5 15
Peat Moss 3 4 12
Pipes 4 2 8
Complementary gardening 4 1 4
Infused candy 2 2 4

Description and NOTES
Spousal support
Phototron Pro LED-One plant is best but it will be beautiful.
Home growing-Growing is joyful, addictive, harmless and it saves you a ton of money.
Hydroponic growing-At least with the Phototron, hydroponics was less maintenance than brushing my teeth.
Portable vaporizing-Medicate while lying in bed instead of walking outside, get all of the benefits without the malefits.
Wonder Woman strain-I just don't know how she could be better.
Iolite with three pronged insert-Twice as OK is good.
Dispensaries-Piece of mind at a hefty price.
Friends of the cause-Some occasional freaky paranoid stoner stuff, but we're all brothers.
Grow Tents-Solid performance. You cheap, you weep.
Growing indoors-Smell containment is THE issue.
Bongs
HID Lights-Bulb breaking, fuses blowing, hair burning annoyance. On the upside, I think both the MH and HPS killed hundreds of stupid gnats.
LED lights-The yield and potency say it all.
Dirt grow-Bugs literally suck.
Iolite-Just, OK.
Cannabutter-Great medicine and not bad tasting if water filters out the crap.
Magic Brownies
Education of children-My kids, at least, didn't really get into gardening.
Lembas Bread (magic shortbread cookies)-Good, but there are better ways to use butter.
Peat Moss-Did the job, but it may have started getting some fungus on it near the end.
Pipes-Too much maintenance of the goo.
Complementary gardening-It sounds like a good idea but it might have caused my gnat problem.

Thanks, AKAMAN.

I have to add one for the searching engines....using the Nesco food dehydrator to quick dry the buds works brilliantly. One must have the kind where the temperature can be set to 90 degrees for herbs and spices.

There were a couple of unexpected bonuses...as you can see in the picture above the trichomes are not only intact, but even cloudier then at the time of the harvest. The uplifting experience I had at first has become the more traditional narcotic pain relief I need for my condition. I don't miss amber trichomes. The flavorless first vape has morphed, not transmogrified ;-) into a delightful Earl Grey. After it all the potency is kick arse.

I made cannabutter with the sugar leaf trimmings and AVB and will be making magic brownies tomorrow. The cooked sugar leaves smelled like spinach.

Back
Top Bottom