J9Black's 1st Grow Ever - Phototron Pro - Grow Tent - Cloning

Re: J9Black's 1st Grow Ever: Phototron Pro - Grow Tent - Cloning

Doh! Another realization. Michael and Taylor are root bound. Taylor even has slightly less soil, and less growth than Michael. Both are in one gallon pots. The Bag Ladies are huge and sharing a three gallon pot.

I will transplant Michael tomorrow, but Taylor will have to wait for a trip to the garden store.

At the hydro store, I picked up two more bags of Fox Farm soil, some Island grow bags, and a 7 gallon plastic pot. Taylor was transplanted this evening into a 5 Gallon bag. She has room now but I owe her more than that. She was my first sprout.

I am saving the 7 gallon for the Bag Ladies.

I also ordered a DR II 120 Pro and an Oasis automatic watering system.

The way all of my herbs are growing, it is now obvious that a bigger grow tent is needed. THAT, and the cheap-arse tent I started with has now had the same zipper break off again. With the front unzippable, there is no way it is light proof now. So, I am going to keep all of the plants in the current tent and move them into the new tent in phases, with Taylor, Michael and the Bag Ladies in Phase I, and Lisa (plus two clones from the WoWo) pulling up the rear in Phase II.

I made cannabutter, which turned out fine...but magic toast and bagels get tiring, so, I have infused a shortbread cookie recipe with magic and will be baking the dough tomorrow morning.

DSCF8348.JPG
DSCF8347.JPG
DSCF8346.JPG
DSCF83451.JPG
DSCF83441.JPG
DSCF8343.JPG
DSCF8342.JPG
DSCF8339.JPG

Thank you all who are still tuned in.

The short bread recipe I used, and adapted, turned out pretty well. I can perfect it but, I am short on medicine. Perfection will have to wait.

I call it Magic Elven Lembas Bread.

Cannabutter/edibles are definitely the way to go for me over any other method. Preparation, maintenance, extraction efficiency, safety, efficacy and titration are all superior--at least to PGA tinctures, if not to most other methods. This is why we experiment.

The only challenge is adapting old recipes to new magic. How hard can that be?

I can tell already, Taylor likes her new home. Flying pests are becoming a problem...made worse am sure by the completely open front seam. I did another round of neem.

Yeah, I have found a few gnats flying around mine as well. I have only seen 3 gnats, I killed all 3 of them. I am sure I will see more but for the meantime I have been keeping it a bit dryer in there and I am going to use neem as well.

Wow, seven days without a post; but, I have updates.

The new DR II Pro 120 is up. New 600 watt light set is still on its way. I also had to replace a fuse in my iPower 400. I installed two of those flame defender automatic fire extinguishers, and a new smoke detector in the grow room.

I have another left-for-dead WhWi sprouting. Beats me. I am still under the legal limit for plants, but barely. Ok, I have poured a ton of cash into gardening with nothing to show for it--yet. The outlook is good though. The Phototron is full of bush, and for three weeks into flowering, I am seeing a lot of buds--though small at this point. They seem to be developing nicely. Certainly, the next crop in the chamber will just be a single plant. I have Michael and Taylor thriving well alongside the four bag ladies. The odds are three will earn their feminine moniker. Six girls harvested in the next two months.

The two WhWi will be the late spring harvest and that will wrap up the grow tent garden until October.

T3b0w will get better next year.

Thx for pics J9B, very nice tents, those WhWi must have some strong genetics to want to survive, glad they did bro. Michael is lookin strong as well. Doesn't look like much room left in the phototron, will the plant still get beneficial light with it being so bushy?:thumb::Namaste:

Thanks, I doubt there's enough light even with the vertical LEDs; but I am seeing bud growth throughout. It is very very BRIGHT inside the grow chamber, and completely mirrored inside--so it's possible. When it comes time to harvest, I'll provide some scientific data on bud size and dry weight at each few inches of height.

The build quality on the new Secret Jardin tent is obvious over it's cheaper cousin. You cannot see them in the pictures but I have the automatic fire extinguishers installed, one inside the new grow tent and one outside the old. There's a new smoke detector on the ceiling that's wireless so if it goes off, the "paired" detector in our bedroom will go off as well.

This is important to note. In transplanting the second WhWi, I pretty much pulled the sprout along with some top soil right out of the old pot and put it into the new pot. The one inch root was exposed to light and air for maybe twenty seconds, but that little guy appears to have withstood the trauma.

It's already been written but I'll underscore it here...these plants are hardy.

Since I am well into the flowering stage of my three WoWo clones...Should I or shouldn't I trim those branches and fan leaves that have no bud sites?

:Namaste:

:thanks:

I have all the previous gardeners and posters like you to thank for helping me get this far. I believe I am fully prepared for the final stage, but I have more to learn.

Micheal and Taylor are in stretch but they are healthy. I cannot wait to see the flowers on these girls. The bag ladies are getting some foliar supplement unti I move them into the 7 gallon container. Lisa is stretching at too young an age, but I think she will make it--but may be low yielding. Like the bag ladies, she is competing. The new white widow I am not so sure about. She doesn't get a name yet.

The three fates in the Phototron are thirsty, doing fine, and crowded. I am definitely only doing one at a time in the growth chamber, moving forward. I *am* impressed with the number of bud sights. The plant that is most directly under the LED is Lachesis, and she is by far the most developed. I don't mind popcorn buds as long as I can have budder with my popcorn.

The three colas and two or three top buds aren't a bad size though. My guess is they will double in size in the next month...?

All numbers are from first sprout.

It is day 77 for Taylor and she is gangly but healthy. Michael is tall and robust...almost masculine. Both 4 days into flowering. It is day 64 (post transplant as teens) for the WoWo Fates. Those girls are 30 days into flowering.

It is day 49 for the four bag ladies. They don't seem the worse for wear for the competition. I hope to see four solid terminal buds out of that pot.

Finally, Lisa is now 29 days young. If she is anything like her namesake, she will stay young forever.

Back
Top Bottom