J9Black's 1st Grow Ever - Phototron Pro - Grow Tent - Cloning

Re: J9Black's 1st Grow Ever: Phototron Pro/Grow Tent/Cloning

I know how ya feel when you get the bug and start growing shit just to be growing it, LOL. I am now growing rosemary, tarragon, tomatoes, peppers god you name it. I have decided that salsa and buds on the couch are in my foreseeable future.:high-five:

I now have milk thistle, valerian, and chamomile in one grow pot. I have cilantro, rosemary and chives in another. Both added today. I think this herb garden is now set until the spring grow.

I see jars of medicinal herbs lining the shelves in my cabinets. A 21st century apothecary? Who knows?

I'm not sure how much time/opportunity I will have to tend to my garden while a bunch of questionable types are lurking about the house (family, of course) this weekend. I wanted to thank all of you for paying any attention to what I've been writing. It makes it worthwhile.

So, here is my offering of some Magic Christmas Brownies.
DSCF8250.JPG

And another courtesy shot of the grow under the "mood lighting".
DSCF8249.JPG

MMM Brownies! Gotta love those magic Christmas brownies. Have fun with the family J9, some of us are two far away this year, 8-( but no worries their is always Skype. Thanks for the brownies...

Re: J9Black's 1st Grow Ever: Phototron Pro - Grow Tent - Cloning

I've now entered into the "Flowering Stage". The setting change on the Ecobrain was once again, too easy. These girls are stronger, taller and bushier than when I tried to the Flowering Stage earlier in the thread--I'm glad I reverted back to veg.

Check out these latest pictures of both the Phototron II Pro LED grow and the garden in the grow tent. Note, the same top down pic that you see here is at the same exact camera settings as previous top down pictures in this thread.

DSCF8311.JPG

This a bit closer:

DSCF8310.JPG

Michael, Taylor, the Bag Ladies, green beans and chamomile are all doing fine.
DSCF8312.JPG

DSCF8313.JPG

DSCF83141.JPG

DSCF83151.JPG

DSCF8316.JPG

DSCF83171.JPG

DSCF83181.JPG

I cut three clones over the weekend, and intentionally put them under the harsh lights. These three clones are an experiment, so no worries. Two of the three *might* make it:

DSCF83191.JPG
DSCF8320.JPG

Also...

I had made some Green Dragon tinctures using pure grain alcohol (PGA) and the mini crock pot and it turned out pretty well. Usually, I use already vaped bud (AVB)...but this time the herb was fresh and untapped. *THEN*, I let the remaining plant material dry out for more extraction using butter. I poured the (filtered) cannabutter into a plastic container with water and then waited a couple of days for the butter to coagulate. The process is interesting. I then drained all of that green waste water out and used the butter *in addition to* the oil requirements on the brownie mix.

The proof was in the pudding, er...brownies. The results were great. Strong but not too strong.

The Magic Christmas Brownies worked out perfectly.

subscribed. If you decide you don't like the phototron, i'll buy it from ya :;):

your girls are gorgeous so far

:thanks:

I'm excited. I hope to have the Three Fates flowered, dried/cured and in the jar in four weeks or so. I'll then clean and reset the Phototron to receive clones from the best female mother candidate growing in the grow tent. I'll need help identifying the strains of the candidates in the grow tent. I'll then flower those in the grow tent, keeping a constant veg/flower flower/veg going until summer. Then it's all Phototron through the summer.

Oh, I'll definitely sell my Phototron some day to get a newer cooler model. I'll remember your offer!

Also...

I had made some Green Dragon tinctures using pure grain alcohol (PGA) and the mini crock pot and it turned out pretty well. Usually, I use already vaped bud (AVB)...but this time the herb was fresh and untapped. *THEN*, I let the remaining plant material dry out for more extraction using butter. I poured the (filtered) cannabutter into a plastic container with water and then waited a couple of days for the butter to coagulate. The process is interesting. I then drained all of that green waste water out and used the butter *in addition to* the oil requirements on the brownie mix.

The proof was in the pudding, er...brownies. The results were great. Strong but not too strong.

The Magic Christmas Brownies worked out perfectly.

I would like to try doing that, you wouldn't by any chance have that process in video or journal format somewhere on this site or YT etc. would you? I especially do not understand how this clearly works ""I poured the (filtered) cannabutter into a plastic container with water and then waited a couple of days for the butter to coagulate. The process is interesting. I then drained all of that green waste water out and used the butter""... :thanks:

The Cannabinoids will bind to the fat in the butter. None of it is water soluble.

When the butter cools, it will coagulate at the top of the container while the wast water is layered below. You can use any common sense method to that extricate the butter and drain the waste water. I got a kitchen fat separator for Christmas...Can you believe that? Yes, this will come in handy grandma.

Edibles are awesome, and better than tinctures as I can eat the edibles as-is. Tinctures I need to mix before drinking. I guess that makes it an elixir instead of a tincture?

Edibles, tinctures, and elixirs, whatever....are better for my chronic disease and work related injury.

Also, canna butter techniques are available on you tube.

One last thing...I finally have a WhWi seedling in one of my repurposed grow cups. Amazing. Left for dead, the little guy fought his way to the light. Indeed, "life breaks through".

Also, canna butter techniques are available on you tube.

One last thing...I finally have a WhWi seedling in one of my repurposed grow cups. Amazing. Left for dead, the little guy fought his way to the light. Indeed, "life breaks through".

Thanks for the info my friend. I love WhWi. I guess it's my favorite so far although I do have high hopes for the Haze group. I love being able to try out all the different strains. That's my favorite thing about growing aside from not having to chase down a connection and hope I don't get robbed, shot, cheated, arrested or kidnapped. lol

I have got to share.

Besides saving the world today at work, I got a refund on a defunct Arizer that was returned to Amazon.com. The refund was credited AFTER I received a refurbished unlocked Blackberry 9630 on my doorstep. Verizon was awesome in helping me to transfer the number from my second and most hated mobile phone ever that runs DROID, to the new 'berry. Within minues of getting the email set up, a weight was lifted off my shoulders and I felt a relieving joy.

Seriously. A relieving joy. The key to happiness is to simplify.

My new WhWi sprout is growing tall and there is green, green, everywhere. I am a bit worried my WoWo will flower into the top LED light.

If there is only one rap song I really like, it's that "I guess you could say it was a good day" song by what's his name.

I have got to share.

Besides saving the world today at work, I got a refund on a defunct Arizer that was returned to Amazon.com. The refund was credited AFTER I received a refurbished unlocked Blackberry 9630 on my doorstep. Verizon was awesome in helping me to transfer the number from my second and most hated mobile phone ever that runs DROID, to the new 'berry. Within minues of getting the email set up, a weight was lifted off my shoulders and I felt a relieving joy.

Seriously. A relieving joy. The key to happiness is to simplify.

My new WhWi sprout is growing tall and there is green, green, everywhere. I am a bit worried my WoWo will flower into the top LED light.

If there is only one rap song I really like, it's that "I guess you could say it was a good day" song by what's his name.

Congratulations on your phone, I have the Droid X and it hasn't been that bad, I love the GPS feature it works pretty good:riskybusiness:

Hi J9Black since i just signed in on this board it won't let me respond your PM, so here it is....
=======

Hi Man, i started a new thread. I didn't want to pollute yours and couldn't figure out how to delete it.

its been a nightmare for me.

here's the thread

Phototron review

Happy New Year! It has to be better than last year.

The Daily is reporting a story that we already knew, that drunk driving fatalities are down in states where medicine is available. Legally. I wonder if the "if it saves just one life, then it's worth it..." mantra of worry worts in our legislatures will apply that same reaon. T

....sorry....apply the same reasoning to medical cannabis.

UPDATE

To my horror, the Three Fates were wilting and weak this morning. I checked the water level and as I expected....DRY. The Phototron's water sensor failed to notify me of drought when it has before. But why? Argh! I had a power strip that has probably been shut down since Christmas Eve (my mistake), and the poor girls were just hanging on for dear life.

Live and learn.

I can only rationalize that droughts are a natural thing to plants and all three girls will recover. This is all party of the adventure. I will let you know how quickly they bounce back.

Gary Johnson has moved to the L party. I am no longer wasting my vote on the establishment party, I am voting for the candidate which reflects my values. In the real world, life is bigger than drug policy. But, I am coming to the realization that GOVERNMENT policy is at the heart of our failure as a country. We need to end the wars, both military and drug. We need a balanced budget, and a draw down of the welfare state.

Let stupid people ruin their bodies and souls with alcohol and meth and let them pay their own bills. If there is no victim, there is no crime. Let's get back to individual freedom instead of left wing and right wing collectivism.

The Three Fates didn't take more than a couple of days to revive. In another couple of days they will be back to good.

The four surviving bag ladies are rocking, branching away from each other in an ever expanding cone of fan leaf fantasy.

Michael is dense and still growing, but still on the shorter side. If 'you're thinking she's a low rider strain, then Taylor is even lower.

None of the grow tent girls has alternating branches yet.

All numbers are from first sprout.

It is day 56 for Taylor and she is retarded and slow. Michael is immature but strong. It is day 43 for the tranplanted teens that are now the three fates in the Phototron. Those girls are 9 days into flowering.

It is day 28 for the four bag ladies. They are competing with each other and dressed to thrill...I cannot wait for the future cola cat fight.

Finally, the WhWi is now 8 days old and since she is going to survive, she gets a name...the first in a long list of ex girlfriends: Lisa.

Back
Top Bottom