Hypo Hippy Take Two: Hydro and Soil Combo Grow

Your plants look great HH! I hope you are still going to update us once in a while. Is that purple from the LED?

HH & OB - would you mind sending me a pm with the LEDs you guys are looking at?
:thanks:

Howdey HH! Looks like I missed some of the fun! Nice LED man! I love those things! Only a matter of time before I get one myself! Keep up the great work Hippy!

later,
jason

Howdey HH! Looks like I missed some of the fun! Nice LED man! I love those things! Only a matter of time before I get one myself! Keep up the great work Hippy!

later,
jason

Hi Jas

Hope all is well with your new adventure.
thanks for stopping in, your papaya's looking dank.
HH:hookah:

Update on 2nd gen white widows;
5-6 days ago i harvested the main cola of the three pants that were into the tenth week of flower,trichs 80 % cloudy.The remaining (lower buds) were put back under the lights(120w led and 280w cfl(mixed spectrum).wet weight 380g.

her are some shots of whats left.
005394.JPG

003437.JPG

002465.JPG

001438.JPG

These will go til they are 80% amber .:tokin::blunt:

Nice HH! Very nice! Are these girls getting the led? I lost track :tokin:

I had to hold off on ordering mine. Picked up a T5 yesterday to replace my 250mh for veg. I'll order the led next week. I'm gonna go with the CN light. Did some research and even though it is the more expensive led, I do believe it's the best one in it's class. + It would'nt be right for me to point you and a couple other members in that direction while I go in another. Gotta put my money where my mouth is! :)

nice haul bro, be careful when looking for amber trichs.. It seems for me, I had 5% amber one day, and the next day I had like 40% amber. I definitely think it affected the overall quality of the smoke as it was heavy couch lock.. I think my personal sweet spot is 80%> cloudy and <5% amber. I love the way the smoke comes out, enough energy yet enough stone for a great all round high.

How does the multi-stage harvest work for you? When I chopped the cola off and let the lower buds ripen, it took them the full 5 days or so to recover from half of its body being chopped off, so I don't really think I gained anything by doing a multi-harvest. Honestly the buds didn't change at all in size, but maybe I'm not doing it right lol

I had to hold off on ordering mine. Picked up a T5 yesterday to replace my 250mh for veg. I'll order the led next week. I'm gonna go with the CN light. Did some research and even though it is the more expensive led, I do believe it's the best one in it's class. + It would'nt be right for me to point you and a couple other members in that direction while I go in another. Gotta put my money where my mouth is! :)

Hi OB,i hear ya on the light,my thinking is if it(the less expensive) is actually the same, i'd go with the cheaper.Its damn hard to compare.no problem with your advice,i appreciate it brother,u the man.:hookah:

nice haul bro, be careful when looking for amber trichs.. It seems for me, I had 5% amber one day, and the next day I had like 40% amber. I definitely think it affected the overall quality of the smoke as it was heavy couch lock.. I think my personal sweet spot is 80%> cloudy and <5% amber. I love the way the smoke comes out, enough energy yet enough stone for a great all round high.

How does the multi-stage harvest work for you? When I chopped the cola off and let the lower buds ripen, it took them the full 5 days or so to recover from half of its body being chopped off, so I don't really think I gained anything by doing a multi-harvest. Honestly the buds didn't change at all in size, but maybe I'm not doing it right lol

Hi crimson,thanks for your opinion on multi harvest,so far i agree with you as the top buds haven't gotten any bigger.I was hoping the lower ones would fill out more.I also liked the idea of lowering the light closer.last harvest , they're was mostly cloudy , so i figured i would at least let the bottom get some amber on them.I also have 2 plants in hempy that are in the 5th week
so i should see which way to go with them.
so far all i have harvested is white widow,damn good smoke,no couch lock.Thanks much for stopping in.:tokin:

HH

Sorry OB,forgot to answer your first question on the led.Yes i have the led right on top of the girls i topped,with the hempys in front with 280w of cfl's.ref. the hempy's at 7 weeks i'll swap the cfl's for the 400w hps and the led.My purpose is to hold the stretch down,it appears to be working.I'm still learning,so far i'm loving the hempy's, just right for me (simple)lol.:hmmmm::roorrip:

Hi crimson,thanks for your opinion on multi harvest,so far i agree with you as the top buds haven't gotten any bigger.I was hoping the lower ones would fill out more.I also liked the idea of lowering the light closer.last harvest , they're was mostly cloudy , so i figured i would at least let the bottom get some amber on them.I also have 2 plants in hempy that are in the 5th week
so i should see which way to go with them.
so far all i have harvested is white widow,damn good smoke,no couch lock.Thanks much for stopping in.:tokin:

HH

yeah getting the light closer is the best benefit that I have seen, but since the plant is stressed, I'm on the fence as to if it benefits the plant or not. I'm not a pro, so I'm just going off my experience. I'm all for any technique as long as it benefits the grower!

I think I finally found my sweet spot to harvest, but again, I believe it's mostly strain dependent. I know the one plant I chopped smoked way better when the trichs were clear, and then another smoked its best when they were heavily amber. Growing is mainly trial and error and just seeing what works for us. Either way you have some beautiful plants there. I really think I'm growing White Widow next round. Haven't had it in years and everyone who grows it has amazing plants to drool over

yeah getting the light closer is the best benefit that I have seen, but since the plant is stressed, I'm on the fence as to if it benefits the plant or not. I'm not a pro, so I'm just going off my experience. I'm all for any technique as long as it benefits the grower!

I think I finally found my sweet spot to harvest, but again, I believe it's mostly strain dependent. I know the one plant I chopped smoked way better when the trichs were clear, and then another smoked its best when they were heavily amber. Growing is mainly trial and error and just seeing what works for us. Either way you have some beautiful plants there. I really think I'm growing White Widow next round. Haven't had it in years and everyone who grows it has amazing plants to drool over

Ha Ha Crimson, i'm sure no one will mistake me for a pro,lol,but thanks for the kind words. I have sure learned a lot in the last few months,there is no subsitute for experience.I sure have enjoyed smoking WW,after the next harvest i should have 1/2 lb to get me thru.This fall i have some femd bubblious and papaya i tend to like the indica dom. strains as they are shorter and should mature quicker.My main hobby was fishing,but growing amazing plants and reap the benifits might take over at least until it cools off.
I'll be sure to let everyone know how my dual harvest works out.

Hey there hypo, looks like some beautiful buds there brother. And isn't growing pot like the best hobby ever? Well smoking pot while fishing is probably better...but you need one to do the other...well I do anyway. Can't afford dispensary pot.

:tokin:

Peace brother. Wishing you and yours the best.

Hey there hypo, looks like some beautiful buds there brother. And isn't growing pot like the best hobby ever? Well smoking pot while fishing is probably better...but you need one to do the other...well I do anyway. Can't afford dispensary pot.

:tokin:

Peace brother. Wishing you and yours the best.

Hi MountainHIGH, you sure got that right,can"t believe i waited till i was 66 to started this hobby,but it sure has been worth the wait.Thanks for the visit.:tokin:
HH

High HH, wonderful looking plants. :goodjob:
Agent Green,hope everything is good with you.Thanks for stopping:tokin:

Hello HH Still riding along with you.....plants are looking great! :cheer:
Indica and fishing? I'd have to catch something and feed my munchies.:tokin:
Thanks OMM,hope your feeling better.I hope i'll get to try the indica and fishing soon.Speaking of munchies i got so "desperate" one night i had to settle for dried cornflakes.LOL thanks for the shout.

Agent Green,hope everything is good with you.Thanks for stopping:tokin:

Thanks OMM,hope your feeling better.I hope i'll get to try the indica and fishing soon.Speaking of munchies i got so "desperate" one night i had to settle for dried cornflakes.LOL thanks for the shout.

Change to Frosted Flakes ! :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom