I am confused about lights and height of lights and much much more, first time growing

Well if i dont have to cut anything with scrog i am going to do the scrog then. But what do they mean with training your plant? I will get my lights a little higher then
SCROG is the most time intensive and hands on growing method we have, and I don't recommend it as your first grow if you have any choice in the matter. SCROG used to be popular when we were all using florescent lights and needed to get our lights at an even 4" away from the canopy. Unless you are using a very weak light, have severe vertical limitations in your grow area, or are just wanting to get the max production out of a single plant, SCROG probably wouldn't be my method of choice.

Topping the plant a couple of times to widen her out and produce more buds is a much more common and much easier way to go. Why are you so adverse to cutting your plant?

My Journal is here

so, in a 2x1 grow area and with those lights, you are never going to grow a monster plant. Also, that grow space is not suited for a scrog screen, to effectively scrog your plant you would need at least 3x the area you have, just for the screen. I suggest topping her once, when she rises the 5th new node up... top it. This will give you two main kolas going into flower and the experience of topping one time. This will almost double your eventual yield and maximize your grow space.

top at node 4 and above, and you produce two growth tips

top between node 3 and 4 and it works much like a FIM cut... sometimes you get 2, sometimes 3 and sometimes 4 growth tips as a result, but it takes much longer for the plant to figure this cut out.... it will stunt her for at least 3 days.

Top between nodes 2 and 3, waiting till after the 5th node has risen up, takes a lot off of the top but it leaves huge lower fan leaves to produce energy, and you will get 4 main nodes out of this cut in very short time. It is a major cut but in my opinion provides the maximum benefit, and allows you to quadline or mainline your plant (an advanced technique)

You can also decide instead of topping, to do low stress training... and simply grab the plant and bend the top part of it over and hold it there with restraints. This is my preferred method to increase production from clones, who grow a little differently than a plant from seed.

Would I be sacrificing any flowering going with budget LED Series 3+ Red Spec in 3500k vs the 3000k version? getting ready to pull the trigger and I want to make sure I'm making the right choice. I'm trying to get flowers not sticks however this is my only light I plan on using.

anyone every use them both for all stages here?

Thanks

top between node 3 and 4 and it works much like a FIM cut... sometimes you get 2, sometimes 3 and sometimes 4 growth tips as a result, but it takes much longer for the plant to figure this cut out.... it will stunt her for at least 3 days.

Top between nodes 2 and 3, waiting till after the 5th node has risen up, takes a lot off of the top but it leaves huge lower fan leaves to produce energy, and you will get 4 main nodes out of this cut in very short time. It is a major cut but in my opinion provides the maximum benefit, and allows you to quadline or mainline your plant (an advanced technique)

You can also decide instead of topping, to do low stress training... and simply grab the plant and bend the top part of it over and hold it there with restraints. This is my preferred method to increase production from clones, who grow a little differently than a plant from seed.
So from my understading you just said 3 different cuts? which one do you recommend for a beginner like me?

So right now my top leaves are the 5 node i think, shall i cut everything that is on top of the 4th node?

IMG_20200503_171453.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200503_171419.jpg
    IMG_20200503_171419.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 41
This is my first time growing and i dont want to harm her :/

I understand feeling that way but don't worry! The plants bounce back, usually even stronger. I found that small stresses usually make my plants grow like crazy after. Once they are a bit older, you can safely clone them, which means you cut off a part of the plant and it turns into a whole new plant on it's own. Be careful when cutting that you don't take too much off, there are good visual guides everywhere on how to FIM/Top plants.

just that? nothing else? do i have to lst ? do i have to tie some branches?

Just cut to start. After a few days you'll notice the stem in that area start to bulk up a bit. The two small sides branching out from where you cut will become your two main tops. Once they grow out a bit, you may want to use some very gentle LST techniques to keep pulling them away from the center, trying to create a mirror image basically on each side. One those two tops grow up a bit, you can top each of those again if you wish, creating 4 tops.

I didn’t explain the whys and the how’s, in the videos like I should have, but hopefully they help you.

Glad you were able to figure out the journal and your signature. I’ve got a link in my signature for how to customize your sig, it also has how to post pictures in the member gallery, and how to start a journal in it as well for next time. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom