Icemud Goes LED - Featuring Top LED Grow - Cherry Pie GSC/OGiesel/SFV OG/UVH OG

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Hey Hey Hey!!! Whazzzzup Everyone!!! Well I had a long day yesterday of prepping my other tent for flowering, and then it was harvest time for the GSC!!! I finally decided that it was time, even though most of the trichomes were still clearish, I just wasn't seeing any more swelling or new growth on her and so I decided it was time!!

Let me tell you, wow did the GSC stink!!! In the skunky kushy fruity type of way we all love !!! LOL

I ended up pulling both of the GSC and I have to say the Scrog really helped max out the yield on this poor yielding strain... I don't know yet cause I don't weigh them till after drying/curing, but I would estimate about 3oz per plant dry :) So far I had some of the largest buds on the GSC that I have yet grown, and many of them!

I love trimming GSC because there is very little leafs on the buds and literally did both plants in about 4 hours, I'm no speed trimmer but hey, pretty quick :) And lots of finger/scissor hash for smoking while and even today while I'm typing this now, smoking some delicious finger/scissor hash!!

After each plant was trimmed, I tried using a mix of my previous Bud washing method and Docbud's method. I did a 2 part wash of the buds. 1st was was R/O water, room temp, with 2 caps of lemon juice (didn't have fresh ones), and 1/2 spoonful of baking soda, per about 2 L of water. I let the buds soak each for about 10 seconds, and then agitated them underwater for another 10 seconds. Once all the buds were washed in part 1 of the wash, the 2nd part was just pure R/O water ppm 0. I gave the girls a quick 15 second agitation under the water each, and then hung them in my drying tent.

Very frosty buds with purple hues and bright green bud calyxs! beautiful looking nugs!!

I may also be doing my OGiesel this afternoon. I took a look at the weather and I have a 5 day window before the humidity is supposed to drop (offshore vs onshore breezes here near the coast) so I figure I can fit in another plant in my drying box, why not get her done too since she is also finished.

The other plants, the SFV OG, UVH OG and Cherry Pie are also very near done, but will have to wait until the drying box is clear. The SFV OG will be the next pulled in about a week, and I may let the cherry pie and UVH OG go longer because they don't quite seem to be done yet.

The soil is still pretty moist so I wont be feeding them for about 4 more days.

Other than that... couldn't be happier on how the GSC turned out...

Here are the photos... Enjoy everyone!!!

Full Tent views...
DSC091861.JPG
DSC091871.JPG
DSC091881.JPG
DSC091892.JPG
DSC091902.JPG
DSC091912.JPG
DSC091921.JPG
DSC091932.JPG
DSC091941.JPG
DSC091951.JPG
DSC091961.JPG
DSC09197.JPG
DSC091981.JPG
DSC091991.JPG
DSC09200.JPG
DSC092011.JPG
DSC092021.JPG
DSC092031.JPG

Front GSC Harvest (1st plant)...
DSC092041.JPG
DSC092051.JPG
DSC092061.JPG
DSC092071.JPG
DSC092081.JPG
DSC092092.JPG
DSC092102.JPG
DSC092111.JPG
DSC09212.JPG
DSC092131.JPG
DSC092141.JPG
DSC09215.JPG
DSC092161.JPG
DSC092171.JPG
DSC092181.JPG
DSC09219.JPG
DSC092201.JPG
DSC092212.JPG
DSC092222.JPG
DSC092231.JPG
DSC092242.JPG
DSC092252.JPG
DSC092261.JPG
DSC092272.JPG
DSC09228.JPG
DSC092292.JPG
DSC092301.JPG
DSC09231.JPG
DSC092321.JPG
DSC09233.JPG

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Here is the harvest photos of the 2nd GSC plant!!

DSC09234.JPG
DSC092351.JPG
DSC09236.JPG
DSC092371.JPG
DSC092381.JPG
DSC092391.JPG
DSC092401.JPG
DSC092412.JPG
DSC092421.JPG
DSC092431.JPG
DSC092451.JPG
DSC092461.JPG
DSC092471.JPG
DSC092491.JPG
DSC092501.JPG
DSC092511.JPG
DSC092522.JPG
DSC092531.JPG
DSC09254.JPG

looks as if top led did a great job and u to of course:bravo:

Yeah they definitely performed well! Now I just have to step up my game again :) lol

WoW! :loopy: That is probably the sickest looking GSC I've seen. Looks like a great yield on those 2 girls Ice. Great job man.

:thumb:

++reps on the grow and congrats on your harvest. I know it's not finished yet, and still looking forward to the rest.

Gov

Hey ICE great job!!!! Looks amazing. I've been following your grow since day one because you were vegging under TOP LED lights. I currently have the MARSII 700 watt in a 5x5 with only 3 plants in flower shout out to BID and JON for helping. With that decision. I used a T5 to veg though and I am looking to go all out LED. Been contemplating on getting 2 mars II 400watt in veg spectrum but I just seen your grow with the 3 watt channel, and I am impressed, but during part of the journal I saw that you had stated it was a little slow, was that due to the light only have 3 watt chips? Did you like the led for veg or would you have like something a little stronger? Thanks again and excellent work man!

Icemud,

I cannot tell you how much I really appreciate all of the info you take the time to post. I have been studying the High Brix method for a week now and have used the stuff you and Doc bud put out there. It is super helpful that you put a comment next to each ingredient on what it does/used for. I have gone through grows 3.0-6.0 and started taking notes on this one. It is great because it is like watching 5 seasons of 1 show over a weekend. I have a bunch of questions about ingredients and why you use them but wanted to get through all of the grows before I do, just in case the question gets answered. I do have a couple of questions on this grow and if I missed the answer, I apologize:

For your soil amendments you listed 2 cups of Crab Meal and 2 cups of crab shell meal. Is this a duplicate or was a total of 4 cups of crab product used?

If you would have had enough promix and FFOF, what would that recipe with amendments look like? If you the answer is too time consuming, no problem if you want to pass on the answer.

2 Cups of Crab Meal 2-3-0 23% calcium(also a P source and source of chitin a hormone/growth regulator)
1 1/2 Cups of Fish Bone meal. (3-18-0) 24% Calcium
1 1/2 Cups of Lava Sand (adds trace minerals and supposedly adds paramagnetic value to the soil)
2 Cups of Crab Shell Meal 2-3-0 23% Calcium

Thanks again for all of the fantastic info you post.

Icemud...I asked you a question in your 8.0 Journal....but think it probably is more appropriate in this journal! I was asking in regards to...bloom only spectrum. Do you think if all things being equal a 400 w full spectrum vs a 400 w bloom only spectrum would produce more weight? I ask because it just seems to me that if you are giving the plant more of the light that it uses during Flowering.....it seems it would produce more....that an full spectrum led...?? not trying to beat a dead horse....but wasn't sure if you understood my question as you referenced light saturation....which only makes sense if you are saying plants can only absorb so much red...! Wasn't sure!

Thanks as I learn from your journals soo much and have been growing for 2 years...! keep up the great job!

Hey ICE great job!!!! Looks amazing. I've been following your grow since day one because you were vegging under TOP LED lights. I currently have the MARSII 700 watt in a 5x5 with only 3 plants in flower shout out to BID and JON for helping. With that decision. I used a T5 to veg though and I am looking to go all out LED. Been contemplating on getting 2 mars II 400watt in veg spectrum but I just seen your grow with the 3 watt channel, and I am impressed, but during part of the journal I saw that you had stated it was a little slow, was that due to the light only have 3 watt chips? Did you like the led for veg or would you have like something a little stronger? Thanks again and excellent work man!

Hey wreched!!! Thanks for the compliments!!! I have to say that the mars II definitely flowers very nice (standard spectrum). I am not sure why the reflector series seems to veg slow but just doesn't seem to do it as fast as my 400w CMH or even my new Intelligent Gro lights. It may be that I am only runnning it at the veg setting, (180w) or maybe that I am not using the bloom too? It could be that its the Gas Lantern Routine, however I don't suspect this because I used GLR with CMH bulbs and they vegged faster. I do NOT believe it has anything to do with the 3W chips, 3w are still the standard, and only the MarII that I am aware of offers 5W chips, but the 5w vs 3w chips virtually are being driven with almost the same power, so I don't think that has much to do with the growth speed. Really not sure why, still a great light for the price. I honestly would recommend the Intelligent Gro lights or the Mars II.

Icemud,

I cannot tell you how much I really appreciate all of the info you take the time to post. I have been studying the High Brix method for a week now and have used the stuff you and Doc bud put out there. It is super helpful that you put a comment next to each ingredient on what it does/used for. I have gone through grows 3.0-6.0 and started taking notes on this one. It is great because it is like watching 5 seasons of 1 show over a weekend. I have a bunch of questions about ingredients and why you use them but wanted to get through all of the grows before I do, just in case the question gets answered. I do have a couple of questions on this grow and if I missed the answer, I apologize:

For your soil amendments you listed 2 cups of Crab Meal and 2 cups of crab shell meal. Is this a duplicate or was a total of 4 cups of crab product used?

If you would have had enough promix and FFOF, what would that recipe with amendments look like? If you the answer is too time consuming, no problem if you want to pass on the answer.

2 Cups of Crab Meal 2-3-0 23% calcium(also a P source and source of chitin a hormone/growth regulator)
1 1/2 Cups of Fish Bone meal. (3-18-0) 24% Calcium
1 1/2 Cups of Lava Sand (adds trace minerals and supposedly adds paramagnetic value to the soil)
2 Cups of Crab Shell Meal 2-3-0 23% Calcium

Thanks again for all of the fantastic info you post.

Hey BillyJack! I really am happy that you are interested in my journals and have been getting a lot of good info!! I appreciate that a lot!!

As far as my soil recepies, I would not suggest following them by any means. Each grow is experimental, in which I am trying new things, making adjustments, and such, and with High Brix Growing, the proper way to do it is to start with a soil test. I didn't do this, and so this is why I say don't use my soil mixtures. Using a soil test to get to high brix is like using a GPS roadmap, where my method is like using a compass and heading the right direction, but may be completely off by miles...

So with that being said, I wouldn't follow my soil recipie unless you want to have issues with your soil, constantly fight issues and such. I would suggest going DocBud's route and using his kit. His kit has been designed to use with Promix HP, and he did get a lab test done, and the lab recommended things to add to the soil, then him and many other growers have been using it and tweaking it to get the best results... That is the way I would highly recommend to go for high brix.

As for your question, yes the crab meal, and crab shell meal were duplicates, same thing but listed 2x on accident.

As far as your other question, if I had more OF or promix... the additives would have been virtually the same.
oops :)

Icemud...I asked you a question in your 8.0 Journal....but think it probably is more appropriate in this journal! I was asking in regards to...bloom only spectrum. Do you think if all things being equal a 400 w full spectrum vs a 400 w bloom only spectrum would produce more weight? I ask because it just seems to me that if you are giving the plant more of the light that it uses during Flowering.....it seems it would produce more....that an full spectrum led...?? not trying to beat a dead horse....but wasn't sure if you understood my question as you referenced light saturation....which only makes sense if you are saying plants can only absorb so much red...! Wasn't sure!

Thanks as I learn from your journals soo much and have been growing for 2 years...! keep up the great job!

Great question, I unfortunately don't have an answer though. I personally am not concerned with my light source "producing more" than another light source. My main goal with lighting is "am I giving the plants full spectrum, but the right wavelengths and intensities". I am a firm believer that plants use all spectrum of light, even green. So for me, when I look into LED lighting, I want to see full spectrum, which means purples, blues, reds, orange IR, UV-B and whites. To me quality is top priority, yield is nice if its large, but I would trade a large yield anyday for top quality nugs, this is why I use the standard spectrum.

Now as to your question about red/bloom only... I can't comment since I have never used a "bloom only" LED. best I can say is to try it out and do a side by side, or maybe someone already has.

Back
Top Bottom