Icemud Goes LED - Featuring Top LED Grow - Cherry Pie GSC/OGiesel/SFV OG/UVH OG

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Welcom back Icemud.... Glad ur journey was safe and you are back with ur 420 buddies.... :slide:

Thank you BlueMntGrower!! I am happy to be back in warm socal as well.

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Happy Skunkday Ice :thumb:

and a great munchyday to you Ice
hope you have a great week Brotha :thumb:

Alright, here is todays update everyone! Its been a minute and I didn't want to constantly post daily updates for the veg tent because not much changes day to day. Today would make around day 41 of veg for the older of the vegging plants. I couldn't be happier with the way things are growing under the 144x3w Top LED grow light (veg setting). The plants are thriving, looking very healthy and growing very bushy with tight internode distances, much tighter growth than the previous light was producing (400w Ceramic Metal Halide).

I got back from a short weekend trip yesterday, my cousin got married in Wisconsin. Boy do I love California sunshine and was so happy to fly back from 0 degree weather yesterday to 80s here in Socal!!! I am truly blessed to live where I do. :)

I havent fed the girls for about a week and the soil is still pretty moist so they will probably not be fed for another 5 days or so because they haven't reached that point where they are sucking up water really fast yet. Overall the leaves look very healthy, no stress signs, and even slighly have that high brix gloss to them.

I decided that the blue dream cut I have is not worth keeping. I do not believe it is true blue dream because out of all strains, blue dream is one of my favorites and it lacks the taste and smell of a true blue dream cut. Mine smells more like a XJ-13 or a trainwreck type smell and not of the citrus blue dream type smell that I love. I decided to cull the Blue dream in veg, not worth taking up space and since I have ran this cut for probably over a year now, its time to let her go and try something new or leave room for things to come.

I also removed all of the red party cups with seeds in them and dumped them back into my extra soil pot. Nothing sprouted at all, really not sure why, but oh well, not worth taking up the space. I have to perfect germination from seed and do some more reading for when I am ready to try again, its a bummer that I don't have many seeds to play with right now but at least I have some that I can use for learning that I don't mind wasting. It did hurt though to lose the ones I planted because a few of them I only have a few seeds and I can't get them again since they were gifted through friends and such. I will try again soon.

After removing the cups and blue dream from the tent I spaced out the plants and used LST and supercropping to spread out the branching and promote more tops to grow. I miss my v-scrog so I may be using it next round with these ladies in flowering tent so I am preparing them to be as bushy as I can get them before I make my decision and also while I wait for my flowering tent to become available.

Not much else to report today but here are the photos...

Before culling blue dream and red party cups..
DSC079931.JPG
DSC079944.JPG
DSC079953.JPG
DSC079961.JPG
DSC079971.JPG
DSC079982.JPG
DSC079992.JPG

After LST and supercropping..
DSC080001.JPG
DSC08001.JPG
DSC08002.JPG
DSC080031.JPG
DSC08004.JPG
DSC08005.JPG

Led's for Life :cheer::thumb:

Led's for Life :cheer::thumb:

I have to say I am very very impressed with led, before I purchased them I have been very hesitant from what others have said, but with everyone here having success with them I took the leap, and now I am extremely happy I did as well...Like you said LED for life!

everything is looking amazing with the LED. sucks to hear about the seeds. what method did you use for germination? also what are the blue and yellow papers for?

everything is looking amazing with the LED. sucks to hear about the seeds. what method did you use for germination? also what are the blue and yellow papers for?

if im not mistaken its for the little things
like gnats

Hi,

I'm totally new to all this, but am so far convinced that for my first setup i'll be getting a 5 x 5 Gorilla tent and a 1200w Mars 2 LED.

My question is, would the 1200w Mars 2 LED work all the way from seed to harvest with just one light? Or do i need to get two different lights (say 2 x 700W Mars 2's) with different spectrums instead, to achieve good results? I ask because they have 3 different types of light on the website, standard, veg and flower....it's a bit confusing for a noob!

Great thread by the way Icemud, really informative. Thanks in advance for any help you, or any other member can give me :)

You can use the mars 2 by itself from start to finish but you will get better results from a panel that has the switch for veg and flower

after having germination issue with peat moss pucks and soil I switched to Rapid Rooters and have had much higher germination rates. Rapid Rooters seem to provide the seed with the perfect amount of air and moisture. I soak my seeds in pH adjusted water for 30-36 hours or until i see tap roots. I cut the Rapid Rooter mat into individual squares then I soak the Rapid Rooter squares in pH adjusted water for 15 minutes before use. then I the seeds into the Rapid Rooter square then place them underneath a light. I do not use a humidity dome. I hand water with a syringe each day to keep the Rapid Rooter square moist. when I see roots emerge from the Rapid Rooter square I transplant to 5" pots in a mixture of peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae.

https://generalhydroponics.comRapid Rooter

https://www.horticulturesource.com general hydroponics rapid rooter mat

https://www.accesshydroponic.com rapid rooter mat

I kinda do the same thing as KJC without the ph and soaking I use paper towel
but I use the rooting plugs and transplant when I see root coming out
and I put it in hydro but I basically take the same steps

Happy Tokerday Ice

btw what brought up the seed thing lol

You can use the mars 2 by itself from start to finish but you will get better results from a panel that has the switch for veg and flower

Hi, thanks for the reply!

Can you recommend a similar power and price unit that has a switch for veg and flower, to the 1200w Mars 2 ($550-600)?

Appreciate all the help btw, really nice people in these forums!

Cheers!

I use the paper towel method using ph water and one I see the tap root I put them in presoaked 1inch rockwool cubes. I use canna nutrients start to soak the cubes so far I've had great results so far but I only use seeds when picking new mum's other then that i use clones with my 1 inch cubes

No problem im not an expert here but i have been growing for almost 8 years but always willing to share what I know. here is a link to top led its there largest light with the veg flower switch...Reflector led grow light.... it's not as powerful as the mars2

Yeah I still haven't really spend enough time reading and researching about seeds yet so I think I have to hit the forums and really find a good method. I tried soaking them for 2 days and then towel, I tried just the paper towel, I tried the root riot plugs and just soil and not much luck. I also am using old seed from quite a while back, which were just stored in old plastic containers so I don't know if they are still good or not. I guess I really have to take my time with it and read up :)

The yellow and blue papers are for bugs...The colors attract different types of pests supposedly and I just put them in every grow to make sure no pests hit my soil or plants.. They work really well with fungus gnats too :)

Looking great Icemud. :thumb:

Thanks Stealthgrow!!! I am very happy with the results of the 144x3w so far. Very healthy looking plants, much tighter internode growth, and much less power used :) I definitely love the Top LED light!

if im not mistaken its for the little things
like gnats

Thanks CronicHH for catching that :) !!! appreciate the help :)

Back
Top Bottom