Icemud's Grow 4.0 - High Brix Focus with Gas Lamp Routine - V-Scrog

Re: Icemud's Grow 4.0..High Brix focus with Gas Lamp Routine..V-Scrog

Hey Icemud, Great grow man, really healthy.

What do you think of the GLR? I used it one time but wasn't sure whether it slowed veg time, what do you think?

This is my second time running the Gas Lamp Routine and so far I am hooked, much healthier plants, and when the flip hit for flowering, they were very quick to flower and stretched a ton :) I didn't seem to notice a difference in the length of veg and they seemed to grow really fast. So far I will continue to use the GLR and have it running in my clone/veg tent currently as well :)

It also seems to me that the nodes were much tighter with the GLR and looking back at my other grows, the growth looks better than the 18/6 I was previously running, much fuller canopy with much taller bushier plants with the GLR in the same amount of time :)

Yeh sounds good, might run it this time again. Is it just the strain that stretched after the GLR or do you see that with most? I cant remember my AK-47 doing any stupid stretching.

Ive just made up my first super soil recipe and put it into a mix, take a look if you want, I probably need some pointers on the mix and you soil seems perfect!

Looking very well icemud! Awesome update! :thumb:

Thank you Wiz!! I really think this one is going to be my best grow yet!

:thumb:As always sir, a beautifully tended garden.

Well done on the Phillips CMH, What a steal! I've always had good results from Phillips

Yeah I couldn't believe the price they were, I mean usually at 60$ their normal price their an unbelievable value, but then when I saw the sale for 35$ I was like, Ill take 2 :) I love the CMH bulbs, very bright, very good spectrum output, and seem to run my ballasts cooler than a HPS or a MH conversion. Plus I think they run at a slightly lower wattage :)

Youre plants look so awesome,, cant believe the nug production they have already! Cudos on your veg tent too, those babies are in for some vigorous growth!

Thanks Strickly!! I am amazed that just at the beginning of week 4 they are already covered in trichomes, even the sugar leaves are getting stacked around the edges :) Thanks for the Kudos! I am so happy that I will soon have my perpetual grow going in full effect :)

Man Ice great update, one can always count on your screen to look awesome bro, your plants look so good bro. Your videos are awesome , I might have to get my wife and I one of those e~cigs you have there. We've been puffing on the gas station ones, they tasted better than the rechargeable ones we bought. You'll find that smokers will soon all smell like a dirty ashtray (no offence to any smokers) too. Your brix readings are good bro, I'll take some myself sometime this week, we're at about the same stage of flower, I hope to be in the same range you are.

I am very happy with the vape pen purchases, both for the bho's and for the nicotine. So far I have only had 4 real cigs in 3 days and usually by now that number would have been around 60 cigs... what a difference already. I feel like I have a supernose and can already smell much stronger than before :) I definitely like the vape cig :)

I already noticed the smell of my car today when I got in, which wasn't horrible, but did smell like smoke...something I never took notice of before. I also could smell people smoking from a long distance away, much more noticable than usual, and even at the drive through of burger king caught a wiff of someone blazing some really good kush :) couldnt see them so my nose must be getting good :)

I definitely was spoiled with my brix readings from last grow, but I am happy that they are at least above 12 and seem to be slowly on the rise :) hopefully by harvest I would like to see them all above 16 brix but we will see :)Thanks for your kind comments :)

Looking great for 22 days of flower bro. I love Scrog makes taken care of your plant so much easyer. Air flow is better i love it. Just wish i could do all scrog but i have a seperate room for veg with makes it tought to veg over a screen when u have to move them to a diffreent room.

I love scrogs too and now with my 2nd tent, I will have to come up with a solution to keep the scrog going but somehow make it movable. not sure how yet, but have a few ideas I will lay down on paper soon :)

This is my second time running the Gas Lamp Routine and so far I am hooked, much healthier plants, and when the flip hit for flowering, they were very quick to flower and stretched a ton :) I didn't seem to notice a difference in the length of veg and they seemed to grow really fast. So far I will continue to use the GLR and have it running in my clone/veg tent currently as well :)

It also seems to me that the nodes were much tighter with the GLR and looking back at my other grows, the growth looks better than the 18/6 I was previously running, much fuller canopy with much taller bushier plants with the GLR in the same amount of time :)

Ice

this is my second GLR also.

last ones were awesome plants and flowered in 8 or nine days if I remember.

this time they are awesome too, but 15 days and just starting to see hairs. both grows vegged 4 weeks. but the last grow was MHC veg and hps flower. this time the MHC fried first day so I am using HTG's digital+ the whole way. seems to be fine so far.

strange thing this grow, there are lower branches about a foot long and the fan leaves are still on, at those nodes there are small branches starting to sprout off of the stem, looking like another branch is starting out from the same fan leaf. It looks like they were hot glued on because there is a thick white node where this is.

do you use mag or digital ballast with the CMH?

Ice

this is my second GLR also.

last ones were awesome plants and flowered in 8 or nine days if I remember.

this time they are awesome too, but 15 days and just starting to see hairs. both grows vegged 4 weeks. but the last grow was MHC veg and hps flower. this time the MHC fried first day so I am using HTG's digital+ the whole way. seems to be fine so far.

strange thing this grow, there are lower branches about a foot long and the fan leaves are still on, at those nodes there are small branches starting to sprout off of the stem, looking like another branch is starting out from the same fan leaf. It looks like they were hot glued on because there is a thick white node where this is.

do you use mag or digital ballast with the CMH?

Ceramic Metal Halides only run in HPS Magnetic ballasts.... They also have a new version that is pulse start, but I would stick with the one for HPS magnetic ballasts, better light intensity and better spectoral output.

I love scrogs too and now with my 2nd tent, I will have to come up with a solution to keep the scrog going but somehow make it movable. not sure how yet, but have a few ideas I will lay down on paper soon :)

Make it out of PVC pipe. Easy to break down and put back together.

So tomorrow will be the first day of flowering. I will be starting out with a 11-13 light schedule and diminishing the daylight every 3 weeks by 1/2 hour. I will be using both my mh 400w and my hps 600w for almost the full 11 hours, offsetting the daybreak with the MH by 30 minutes and giving the girls no HPS for the last half of the day to simulate the morning red colorshift to the blue hues during the evening.

Nice grow Icemud.
I like that screen with the curve. Small footprint too! Neat design. :goodjob:

If your goal is to simulate the color spectrum of a "real" day, I think you would want to begin and end each day with HPS only, and add the MH during the peak of the day. There is a red shift at both sunrise and sunset. At both times, the Sun's light is diffracting through a thicker atmosphere. I actually think the evening sky tends to be redder than the dawn sky due to atmospheric reactions during the day, ie you get more clouds at sunset. The 'bluest' part of the day would be when the Sun is highest in the sky and the light is going through the least amount of atmosphere to get to the plant. It's an intriguing idea for sure! I've always given my girls all the light I had to give (other then staggering starts). Is this the same light timing you used in previous grows?

I'm not being critical in any way. Your results speak for themselves. :bravo:

Nice grow Icemud.
I like that screen with the curve. Small footprint too! Neat design. :goodjob:

If your goal is to simulate the color spectrum of a "real" day, I think you would want to begin and end each day with HPS only, and add the MH during the peak of the day. There is a red shift at both sunrise and sunset. At both times, the Sun's light is diffracting through a thicker atmosphere. I actually think the evening sky tends to be redder than the dawn sky due to atmospheric reactions during the day, ie you get more clouds at sunset. The 'bluest' part of the day would be when the Sun is highest in the sky and the light is going through the least amount of atmosphere to get to the plant. It's an intriguing idea for sure! I've always given my girls all the light I had to give (other then staggering starts). Is this the same light timing you used in previous grows?

I'm not being critical in any way. Your results speak for themselves. :bravo:

Very good point my friend!

I found this a while back and I forgot all about it till you posted, but your right about the color shifts..may have to switcharoo the timers :)

I wish I could remember where I found this, I think it was on a photography site...

Before sunrise: 10,000 degrees K

Before sunrise the only illumination comes indirectly from a blue sky. This produces a characteristic strong steel blue color.

Dawn: 2,000-2,500 degrees K

The lighting will change to a very warm red color just as the sun comes up. Look for the first appearance of shadows.

Early morning: 3,000-4,000 degrees K

The color temperature will become more neutral as the sun continues to rise through the morning.

Midday: 5,500 degrees K

Overhead sun at noon produces neutral colors, though this may not be best pictorially.

Overcast: 7,500 degrees K

Overcast lighting conditions raise the color temperature noticeably. Your photographs will have much cooler colors.

Shade: 10,000 degrees K

The color temperature in shade on a sunny day is extremely high. All of the lighting will be coming from the blue sky.

Afternoon sun: 3,000-4,000 degrees K

The color temperature will fall as the sun goes down. The light effects become warmer and redder.

Sunset: 2,000-2,500 degrees K

Some of the reddest lighting conditions of the whole day will be at sunset.

Twilight: 10,000 degrees K

Hey Bro!!! Iiiiimmmmmm baaaaaccccckkkk!!!

Welcome back Bro!!! glad to have ya around my friend!!

Here is a quick update for Day 30 Flowering, Humidity has been at below 10% the last few days but I have managed to keep my RH inside the tents around 30% so they plants haven't really noticed much. I gave the girls a feeding the other day and the soil is still pretty moist so I will not be watering for at least another 4 to 5 days, and the veg tent probably longer. In my flower tent things really seem to be moving along as the girls get thicker,fatter and more full of trichomes daily. I am having some type of issue with my back blue dream and my 2 og's...the older large fan leaves on the top portion of the plant are pretty yellow with purple stems and I think this may be due to my soil that was sitting pretty wet. This round I am going to let the soil dry out quite a bit before their next feeding and hopefully the soil will help correct whatever is going on with the plants. I think it may be that they are not getting enough N fast enough so I will see what happens this week after their last dose of compost tea. Other than the yellowing, they plants look really good.

My veg tent is also going extremely well, I planted 1 more of the clones that I had rooted, which was a pre98 bubba so I now have 3x blue dream, 2x skywalker og, and 3x pre 98 bubba's growing. Since these are clones of high brix plants I already am seeing much difference than previous clones I have purchased. Already the leaves are showing that high brix color and shine, pretty amazing for such a young age :)

Well here are today's photos'

IMG_20130114_224646.jpg
IMG_20130114_224637.jpg
IMG_20130114_224652.jpg
IMG_20130114_224707.jpg
IMG_20130114_224714.jpg
IMG_20130114_224902.jpg
IMG_20130114_225333.jpg
IMG_20130114_225345.jpg
IMG_20130114_225401.jpg
IMG_20130114_225426.jpg
IMG_20130114_225459.jpg
IMG_20130114_225508.jpg
IMG_20130114_225516.jpg
IMG_20130114_225522.jpg
IMG_20130114_225548.jpg
IMG_20130114_225600.jpg
IMG_20130114_225606.jpg
IMG_20130114_225630.jpg
IMG_20130114_225630.jpg
IMG_20130114_225643.jpg
IMG_20130114_225655.jpg
IMG_20130114_225700.jpg

Killer update Ice!
Looks like they're really starting to get their swoll on.

:thumb:

Killer update Ice!
Looks like they're really starting to get their swoll on.

:thumb:

Yeh I was thinking that, them buds popped out of no where! Must be some happy plants. :goodjob:

Looking great bro.

Back
Top Bottom