Icemud's Grow 4.0 - High Brix Focus with Gas Lamp Routine - V-Scrog

Re: Icemud's Grow 4.0..High Brix focus with Gas Lamp Routine..V-Scrog

Ice,

very nice grow

have you considered raising the middle pots up on something to get those buds up higher?

Stacking up!
Nice work ICE!

:thumb:

Ahh, the dulcet tones of Mr Icemud! :bravo:

By the way, getting the timber this weekend and v scrog baby, here I come! kosher kush and sour d.

You have inspired. +reps

Hey everyone, here is another photo update for yesterday, flowering day 34.

I can't believe how good my high brix clones are looking, all of them almost look fake because the leaves are so thick and shiny...its a trip to look at them :)

IMG_20130118_222634.jpg
IMG_20130118_222650.jpg
IMG_20130118_222657.jpg
IMG_20130118_222705.jpg
IMG_20130118_222708.jpg
IMG_20130118_222718.jpg
IMG_20130118_222741.jpg
IMG_20130118_223019.jpg
IMG_20130118_223031.jpg
IMG_20130118_223041.jpg
IMG_20130118_223048.jpg
IMG_20130118_223118.jpg
IMG_20130118_223131.jpg
IMG_20130118_223143.jpg
IMG_20130118_223151.jpg
IMG_20130118_223157.jpg
IMG_20130118_223204.jpg
IMG_20130118_223221.jpg

I just had an interesting thought and anyone that is familiar with genetics, feel free to chime in. I mentioned this a while back but the thought just hit me and I am curious to what input you all have. There is a "newer" term in genetics called epigenetics which in a short explanation means that if you have 2 twins or clones, and they are grown/raised in separate environments, even though they carry the same gene expressions, certain environmental factors can turn on/off these genetic tags and can change the overall "result" over time on the twins...meaning that if you had 2 twin people, one was raised in a very well off, well nourished and environmentally friendly environment, and the other raised with junk food, poor hygeine, lack of exercise etc...the resulting gene triggers will be different and even though the genes are the same, with certain triggers "on" one twin may live to 100 years old with no health issues and the other may develop cancers, diseases and other ailments and pass these on to their offspring....so how does this relate to growing...

well I was thinking, since I cloned my plants in the high brix realm...*over a brix reading of 12, does this mean that even though the dna is an exact copy of the mother, the growth traits may be different that the original run?? With that being said, high brix plants are supposed to be closer to reaching their genetic potential as mentioned on the forum in different places....so if I clone a high brix plant and grow the clone, will more beneficial triggers be activated allowing for more flavinoids, terpines, and thc content? and over time if I take a clone of a clone of a clone in a high brix soil, will the quality improve over generations? will the plant have much more of a chance to quickly reach high brix levels being that the "triggers" have been flipped on and that its potential is already acknowledged?
I would love to hear your thoughts on this if you are familiar with genetics and cloning...

Awesome topic!!:bravo:

I've been reading a study on epigenetics. From a study into type 2 diabetes, they discovered that epigenomes were switching on/changing after just 30 mins of vigorous exercise. Meaning the muscles were running a new software improving their efficiency with massive positive effects on the body.
Another was with brown mice. If they've proved that maternal nutrients and environmental factors effect the epigenome in mamals, it is likely that epigenetic controls are involved in expression systems in many aspects of plant development and plant function
NOVA | A Tale of Two Mice
Surely not the last we'll hear on this:thumb:

I just had an interesting thought and anyone that is familiar with genetics, feel free to chime in. I mentioned this a while back but the thought just hit me and I am curious to what input you all have. There is a "newer" term in genetics called epigenetics which in a short explanation means that if you have 2 twins or clones, and they are grown/raised in separate environments, even though they carry the same gene expressions, certain environmental factors can turn on/off these genetic tags and can change the overall "result" over time on the twins...meaning that if you had 2 twin people, one was raised in a very well off, well nourished and environmentally friendly environment, and the other raised with junk food, poor hygeine, lack of exercise etc...the resulting gene triggers will be different and even though the genes are the same, with certain triggers "on" one twin may live to 100 years old with no health issues and the other may develop cancers, diseases and other ailments and pass these on to their offspring....so how does this relate to growing...

well I was thinking, since I cloned my plants in the high brix realm...*over a brix reading of 12, does this mean that even though the dna is an exact copy of the mother, the growth traits may be different that the original run?? With that being said, high brix plants are supposed to be closer to reaching their genetic potential as mentioned on the forum in different places....so if I clone a high brix plant and grow the clone, will more beneficial triggers be activated allowing for more flavinoids, terpines, and thc content? and over time if I take a clone of a clone of a clone in a high brix soil, will the quality improve over generations? will the plant have much more of a chance to quickly reach high brix levels being that the "triggers" have been flipped on and that its potential is already acknowledged?
I would love to hear your thoughts on this if you are familiar with genetics and cloning...

I have two clones right now, twins, same environment, same nutes, taken from different places on the plant.....very different looking at this point. I've seen this happen before, and I'm sure they will look more similar as they mature. I'll make a note and put photos on my journal. Peace!

I'm now dreaming of a bank exclusively breeding high brix seeds.:):):) I mean can you imagine the potential!!!!

Hey Everyone, I'm back with an update for day 39 of flowering. So far things are going quite well with the exception of still a lingering N deficiency but still not entirely sure. The buds are coming in very dense, frosty and when disturbed or rubbed smell freaking amazing. By far I have to say that this grow is the stinkyest yet and definitely will be an issue I may have to cover in later flower if they are already stinking this much...i think its time for some new carbon scrubers :) lol

Here is a photo update of both tents :)

IMG_20130118_223221.jpg
IMG_20130123_230953.jpg
IMG_20130123_231016.jpg
IMG_20130123_231027.jpg
IMG_20130123_231042.jpg
IMG_20130123_231113.jpg
IMG_20130123_231121.jpg
IMG_20130123_231155.jpg
IMG_20130123_231231.jpg
IMG_20130123_231246.jpg
IMG_20130123_231436.jpg
IMG_20130123_231513.jpg
IMG_20130123_231527.jpg
IMG_20130123_231545.jpg
IMG_20130123_232518.jpg
IMG_20130123_232526.jpg
IMG_20130123_232535.jpg
IMG_20130123_232548.jpg
IMG_20130123_232555.jpg
IMG_20130123_232602.jpg
IMG_20130123_232620.jpg
IMG_20130123_232634.jpg

It's like Day Of The Triffids meets The Little Shop Of Horrors in there ;)

Feed me Seymore..

Looking great man.

Hey Ice!

Are you calling the yellowing at the top of the plant a Nitrogen def? If so, it's not that at all. In fact, it probably has nothing to do with nitrogen at all.

The yellow tops mean 2 things, usually at the same time:

1.)trouble with nitrogen fixing bacteria in roots and soil
2.)The Cation Exchange in the soil is flat.

Here's the fix:

1 ounce of Calcium Nitrate and a good dose of humic acid per gallon of water. Water with this one time and it should do the trick!

I used to get the exact same problem once in a while when I was doing the "medium brix" soil, 6-5-3, etc. I thought it was a sulfur deficiency at first and then learned a bit more about it.

One that slipped past the warning;

As one of the advantages of taking a clone is that it is already a 'mature' plant I would suggest your amazing toy-looking clones (meant with huge respect!) are already mature and 'high-brixed', so any triggers not yet activated in the time of the initial grow will have time to be activated, and there may be some triggers that are dependent on other triggers having already been activated and so on, so I agree with 'over time if I take a clone of a clone of a clone in a high brix soil, will the quality improve over generations?'

Taking clones from different parts of a 'mother' appear to have initial differences in growth, then there is also taking 'flowering clones', said to significantly increase branching.

Are there Triggers activated by the transition into flower that can be beneficially activated 'twice' or more?

Fantastic grow, again,
:hookah:

Taking clones from different parts of a ‘mother’ appear to have initial differences in growth, then there is also taking ‘flowering clones’, said to significantly increase branching.

I've done this. It does make very bushy plants (they look kind of bizarre), but takes forever. It's been awhile, but I recall it took at least 3 weeks until a flowering clone would start growing vigorously again.

I've done this. It does make very bushy plants (they look kind of bizarre), but takes forever. It's been awhile, but I recall it took at least 3 weeks until a flowering clone would start growing vigorously again.

It seems to me that a plant takes about a month to switch bac to veg, IMO.

this thread is awesome. great update ice, looks amazing in there! organic bud deff smells more intense than any other grown. question for anyone really, do any of you growers count flowering from when stretch stops? or count from when you first see pubes showing? or do you count from when you switch to 12/12 ?

Back
Top Bottom