I'm Trying To Grow Pound Plants

Dont those sticky cards have poison on them to kill the insects? Food for thought.

Get a few fans going on down on the soil line - gnats fly up - wind hits em, they cant get back to soil to lay eggs. Problems solved and no poison on your weeds.

You could also do an IPM - probably a good idea. IPM easily takes care of gnats.

What do you wanna know. I use them in VEG and flower but not my primary light source.

Hey Dinkleman - You mentioned pH testing your plant with a meter.

Plants look good to me. How did you test your pH?

I'm organic soil so my "understanding" is - proper pH of inputs and dont worry about the rest of it. In soil we dont worry about pH, the plants/microbes self regulate it.

hey bo brown, thanks for stopping in.

no the fungus gnat cards dont have poison, they just get stuck to them and die.
i think i actually got the upper hand on them, i havent seen any flying around in at least a week and i still just use BTI every other watering, seems to have taken care of them.

im going to update next post with new pictures but here some info on the ph.
yes i tried using a crappy soil probe type meter. i have two of them and each of them read at 7.1

i have a bunch of air movement now since i got the cylinder fan, i like how the gnats probably get sucked right through it and shredded lol

day 25 flower (100 from seed)

overhead view of both

2326661F-7699-4F5D-BB71-14077F53613E.jpeg

white rhino overhead

3858B839-1E37-4088-8C02-1F24269DE03C.jpeg

gg4 overhead
i tried to get a good ahot of some of the discolored and twisting leaves

52DAD076-9A25-4A80-8991-B900228F34F8.jpeg

also have some upturned margins, not sure if its light stress or the ph related?

0618AA5D-B1A2-476A-AF19-88BEC4B40F4D.jpeg

so the rhino looks great, not sure if i found a super tiny flower formation on the way bottom of one of the branches or if it was a small seed?
if i had a hermy wouldnt i also find bananas though? anyone have an idea?

the gg4 has those twisted and discolored leaves and a few rust spots, i feel like shes trying to fight through it but im just going to continue watering but at a little lower ph than normal to try to balance it out a little more.

i think part of the culprit could be that i am using a couple different nutes added to the biocanna line, and also the fact that its meant to be a soil nute, not a soilless could also add to the rising Ph.
wait but dont these symptoms look to be HIGH ph not LOW ph right?
because if part of the nutes that are on the high range would be calcium and zinc which get locked out at a high ph, not low. is that on the right track at all?

You will get 8 to ten ounces off those plants.

yeah i definitely am not getting a lb, i also didnt really lollipop as much as i wanted because since there were so many branches i felt it would cause a lot of stress to the plants, as opposed to lollipopping a normal smaller plant that had 6-8 main colas

From what i see you also have a tmv or tobacco mosaic virus. That causes the yellowing and deformed leaves.Wouldnt worry about it thought.Other wise your good to go.

i dont think its TMZ, im in coco peat and my ph on one of those cheap meters was at 7.1.
hydro is 5.5-6.5, so im a half point off too high

ive had the same leaf issue on multiple
plants on different grows while i have used the same growing medium and the same nutes.

its a combination of calcium, magnesium, iron and boron lockout due to the ph being out of the hydroponic medium range

i know my ph is off, i know partly the reason why. my goal is to lower it down within the next watering, im just trying to make these girls comfortable so they can put something out.

now on the other hand did you read about TMZ on growweedeasy.com? ive seen it thrown around quite a bit. no tobacco is around my plants, and other than the gnats( which im assuming were in either the ffof or my coco medium) my area is pretty clean. TMZ is pretty unlikely and pretty rare, if you got a microgrow like i do, chances you have tmz is highly unlikely

I know about tmv its tmv im sure of it.
ok so where did the tmz come from?
also when i get a bigger tent im sure now, after going through this, i will be able to yield a lb per run. regardless of tent size my main goal is to harvest at least a lb per run, thats my goal, not going to hit it this time but i definitely have learned much more about the structure of how this plant grows and what it will take to achieve that goal.
everyone said the tent was too small, now i understand why that was said, before this point i literally didnt understand as much about how the node structure, a true stretch and how small a space 2.5 x 2.5 actually is when trying to grow plants this big.

it was a pain in the azz to lug that plant out of the tent to take those pictures!!

dude youre crazy, my plants are nowhere near smoke, i know the other neighbors in the apartment building they are older and have a child and 100% dont smoke, youre grasping at straws here. i have a bag of fox farms ocean forest and a bag of canna terra pro plus, i will bet money that they didnt have tobacco mosaic virus.
i went to school for engineering and logically thinking about this, no i dont have an extremely rare virus from tobacco lmao.
i dont smoke tobacco, my neighbors dont smoke tobacco. its not tmx

soil mediums ph rises as plants eat the food in the soil, im using a soil nutrient in coco. i grew one plant in soil and one in hydro and used the same nutes that were made for soil. the soil plant isnt showing any issues, so common sense would say it has something to do with the nutes im using not matching the medium the plant is being grown in.

canna makes a nuteient that is specifically for the soilless medium, i just havent had money to go and buy it so i figured i could get away with using the soil nutes.

i had this exact same problem in a previous grow when i did the same exact thing

Dont those sticky cards have poison on them to kill the insects? Food for thought.

Get a few fans going on down on the soil line - gnats fly up - wind hits em, they cant get back to soil to lay eggs. Problems solved and no poison on your weeds.

You could also do an IPM - probably a good idea. IPM easily takes care of gnats.

What do you wanna know. I use them in VEG and flower but not my primary light source.

Hey Dinkleman - You mentioned pH testing your plant with a meter.

Plants look good to me. How did you test your pH?

I'm organic soil so my "understanding" is - proper pH of inputs and dont worry about the rest of it. In soil we dont worry about pH, the plants/microbes self regulate it.
No poison on sticky pads mate. Just yellow to attract them and sticky. Some are prebaited with hormones but thats it. Don't need to poison something that can't move anyway :)

I know about tmv its tmv im sure of it.
If that's tmv t'll be the first confirmed case I've seen in over 3 years of doing this.
Maybe seen 500 or so suspected cases that all turned out to be something else.
Get that confirmed by an admin and I'll eat my shoe lol

Back
Top Bottom