I'm Trying To Grow Pound Plants

Just had a second look and I don't actually know what it is though. Yellowing from the leaf tips uptop is usually micro nute deficiency but it doesn't look like that.
My usual next guess would be too strong nutes and or bad pH causing lock out but apart from the leaves being a little dark there's no signs of iether of those.
Hmm that's annoying me now. Gonna have a look through and see if I can figure it out......
Ahh, you know already, it is the pH. Problem solved lol.
501 cases of tmv officially denounced :)

So the cheap ph soil probes said my ph was 7.2
i started watering and the first water that came out i checked the runoff, it was at 7.1
this is definitely a ph problem, zinc is whats causing the twisted leaves, calcium is causing the rust spots and magnesium causing the yellowing

i decided to try to flush but have a couple questions.
i ran 15 gallons of phed tap water through and then finished with an extra 2 gallons with normal feed in it.
the cheap ph meter seemed to go down a bit (i kept the analog one in that foesnt give an exact reading)
so i got tired and didnt do the entire 3x amount (30gallons)
will this give an effect or was it a complete waste of time
i also got the correct nutes for this medium now, which is terra vege so maybe that will help.

now i kind of understand more about how its not neccasrily about the ph of the nutes going in, its making sure the ph OF MY ACTUAL MEDIUM is what makes the difference.

that is to say, if i know my ph is swinging HIGH instead of LOW, if i water with nutes that are phed to the middle of the range, eventually its going to swing up too much and bring my mediums ph out of the correct range.
also from reading a few other posts have learned that ph goes down when unused nutes sit in your medium, so this would happen most in early veg when thebplant isnt eating that much, and during flower it goes up, which is what happens when a plant uses nutes. ph goes up when a plant is healthy.
so with that being said, where i am currently in flower i will feed at the bottom of the range instead of the middle,and as i approach end of flower and the plant starts to use less nutes i will feed at a slightly higher ph that beginning and middle of flower.

is this correct?

so the rhino looks great, not sure if i found a super tiny flower formation on the way bottom of one of the branches or if it was a small seed?
if i had a hermy wouldnt i also find bananas though? anyone have an idea?

the gg4 has those twisted and discolored leaves and a few rust spots,

That discolored margin and half the leaf is a trait not a nutrient issue. We see this a lot with Chemdog and its variants. Usually plant will grow out of it into flower. It's a sign, those are the keepers. Good weed right there.

Move the air - they get danky. Gonna be good.

On the seed,

Leave it finish - It's an S1 of that plant. They sometimes throw a male flower out down low you never see it. It will be consumed by the nearest flower. Get the seed out at trim.

Those early male flowers are OK - completely normal. I like to trim all the lower shit off at flip so I don't get a lone male sack. It happens - get some great seed from that. Usually not enough pollen to get to the other plants.

Can't wait to see this is also my goal. So far you are doing it right. Veg longer like some people said. I've pulled close to a qp off one plant. Takes time. I usually let my branches stretch a bit longer before the tie down. I make sure they are still flexible then train how I want.

Are you in soil or coco?

im in CANNA— terra pro plus which is coco and peat mixed together

That discolored margin and half the leaf is a trait not a nutrient issue. We see this a lot with Chemdog and its variants. Usually plant will grow out of it into flower. It's a sign, those are the keepers. Good weed right there.

Move the air - they get danky. Gonna be good.

On the seed,

Leave it finish - It's an S1 of that plant. They sometimes throw a male flower out down low you never see it. It will be consumed by the nearest flower. Get the seed out at trim.

Those early male flowers are OK - completely normal. I like to trim all the lower shit off at flip so I don't get a lone male sack. It happens - get some great seed from that. Usually not enough pollen to get to the other plants.

wait im kind of confused, what half leaf do you mean? on the big plant (gg4) or small one? a leaf or two got sucked into the fan when i first got it, not sure if thats the leaf?
oh ok on the seed thing, i just rolled my finger over it and it came right off, if it puts another one out ill leave it and see what happens.
Looks like that to me... I've ran enough of em to say it's a furry sure.

wait so youre saying the twisted leaves and the discoloration are normal?

my ph is definitely high, i already semi flushed and ran 15 gallons + 2 gallons and was planning to do another 15 gallons tomorrow ( 3 times the size of my pot for flush to correct lockout)
are you saying to just leave it?
well either way im learning alot of valuable lessons out of this grow, i just dont want to completely screw it up and kill the plant or somethjng crazy

Your fine for now, the half yellow leaves you see are a form of albinism. It’s a trait called variegation, the Chemdog lines are well known for the trait. Like Bob said a lot of strains that show variegation are stupid potent.

Ok so regardless i just finished flushing with the remaining 17 gallons of water lol.

so i just ran 31 gallon of 5.5-5.9 ph water through my medium.
im at day 27 of flower, so im assuming my plants will be stunted for a few days while they recover i guess?

im praying that this helps, one way or the other whether the leaf issues were genetic, im assuming the frickin ph is better now, or at least low enough to last for the rest of the grow.

i have to figure out and learn more about how to control and correct my ph in hydro soilless.

my soil plants, including the one in the other grow journal are doing well. i am using soil nutes for the soil plants.

i bought the correct nutes for the soilless yesterday and will go and buy the rest of the soilless line for veg next week when i get paid.
i really hope just using the correct nutes for the correct medium will clear up alot of the issues i have and/or had

They should and ph is critical in hydro.

yes i am in hydro and the ph was at 7.0-7.2, thats why i flushed
i am trying to get it back in a reasonable range.

am i correct in assuming though that the plant is big enough its not going to just up and die at this point right?

@Pennywise

also penny can you tell me if this is correct?

basically when you have a healthy plant, the ph is usually going to rise in the medium, not go acidic.

with that being said, its usually better to go lower on the ph range so that as the mediums ph rises the plant is able to take up the nutrients it needs when it gets into the range it needs to be?

and also adding dolomite lime stabilizes ph so it doesnt rise as much and it stays closer to the ph of the water/nutes that went in?

i didnt add any dolomite to my medium, but i have a 40lb bag in front of me for next round of plants

day 28 flower (103 from seed)

i dont know if its the extra uv light or the fact that im running the quantum board at 100% but both these plants are caked in trichomes. wayyyy more frost than my first grow. it maybe the genetics of the seed (these are from nirvana and my first was from crap king) and not just the lighting but even the stems of the fan leaves are developing trichomes big enough i can see with my naked eye

also i had an issue with the trichomes not clouding up in my first/last grow. does not seem to be a problem this time around. the trichomes arent exactly cloudy but they are more white and have a cloudyishness to them already that i did not have at all with my last grow.

one issue i am going to have to deal with the closer we get to harvest...
gg4 is 7-9 week flowering strain
white rhino is 8-10 weeks

the plan is to let the gg4 go to the end of the 9 weeks, i want a 50/50 amber cloudy
the white rhino i will harvest at a higher cloudy ratio % hopefully at 9 weeks im shooting for a 90/10 cloudy amber
itll be a little but of a juggle but hoping everything times out perfectly.

-i have a bunch of boveda 58s and 62s
-i have 2 3 liter cvaults ready to go
-bunch of mason jars and some larger jars to use checking rh
-humidity controller ready to go
-humidifiers

going to do the normal hang dry to jar method and then for the long term storage after a few weeks i will toss in a boveda pack depending on how ofter i plan on opening said containers (62s for my smoke outta jar and the 58s for long term storage (not opening for weeks at a time just to check)

i took a clone off of the gg4 maybe a week ago i dont remember.
i put it in a jar with water straight out the tap and a couple drops if rhizotonic.
i believe it is sprouting some roots now.
i am thinking it would be cool to grow a monster crop clone from this gg4 plant and scrog it this time

Yes Chemdogs are well known for being variegated.
Ahh is that what people mean by variegated pheno. Does it always look like that or are there other traits?
I was checking a guy out last week or so and it looked like he had mild mag Def all over the plant. But like literally every leave had it equally. Which means it's not mag Def.
Other than that it looked really healthy. No other signs of anything and nothing I could work out was really wrong with what he was doing. Reckon it could be something like that?
I'll tag you if I see it again.

Ahh is that what people mean by variegated pheno. Does it always look like that or are there other traits?
I was checking a guy out last week or so and it looked like he had mild mag Def all over the plant. But like literally every leave had it equally. Which means it's not mag Def.
Other than that it looked really healthy. No other signs of anything and nothing I could work out was really wrong with what he was doing. Reckon it could be something like that?
I'll tag you if I see it again.

my ph is too high, i flushed 32 gallons of water to try and correct it a few days ago.
i personally dont think its normal but im not sure.
i had the same issues in a different grow with a different strain, thats why i dont think its normal.

i have been using a nute specifically for soil in hydro, thats where the problem started i think.

after i flushed i used the correct nute now so we will see what happens

Variegation is a type of albinism, once you see it you'll know what it is.
Ahh yeah, a quick Google and that's not what I seen. Does look like this one though.
(Edit) just had another Google for TMV as had a sneaky suspicion and surprise surprise there's about 300hits on grow weed easy saying that's what hinkleman has brilliant lol.

Back
Top Bottom