I'm Trying To Grow Pound Plants

Happens to mine all the time mate. Green algae I get. Not sure what causes it but wouldn't worry about it, it's never caused me any issues anyway.

i've read articles about the algae eating the nute solution that's for my plants! not for some leachy algae... haha But i'm assuming it isnt alot if it does at all since ive had algae for a minute and it doesn't seem to affect anything. I'm just a slightly OCD and don't like it. haha

i've read articles about the algae eating the nute solution that's for my plants! not for some leachy algae... haha But i'm assuming it isnt alot if it does at all since ive had algae for a minute and it doesn't seem to affect anything. I'm just a slightly OCD and don't like it. haha
Yeah I got a bit emotional the first couple times lol.

was wondering if you knew anything about quantum board LED
I know that they're probably the best tech avai.able at the moment but that's about it lol. There's a few qb experts kicking about though that I see helping guys out all the time. Post a thread in the faqs section and it won't take long for one of them to spot it.

i have a 4*4*6.5 tent i got for free when i ordered my last one they sent 2 so im thinking about ordering another one and have 2 veg 4*4s and 2 flowering 4*4s and am look at new lights have HPS, MH and CMH, figure might as well get some LED to compare. and whats pricey..? 200 a unit 300? ive got about 500 or so i can spend

i have a 4*4*6.5 tent i got for free when i ordered my last one they sent 2 so im thinking about ordering another one and have 2 veg 4*4s and 2 flowering 4*4s and am look at new lights have HPS, MH and CMH, figure might as well get some LED to compare. and whats pricey..? 200 a unit 300? ive got about 500 or so i can spend

353$ for hlg 260 preassembled.
if you can do it yourself you can build them cheaper, or check out alibaba and get a chinese knockoff for half the price.

but i still dont understand how alibaba works lol

353$ for hlg 260 preassembled.
if you can do it yourself you can build them cheaper, or check out alibaba and get a chinese knockoff for half the price.

but i still dont understand how alibaba works lol

right ive never even tried to use them but would 1 of those do it for one of my tents or would i need 2?

Exactly, buy top of the line and it'll actually save you money in the long run.

exactly, it will last you multiple grows and you can “grow” with the light.

i believe the manufacturers flowering footprint is 3x3 for a 260.
with that being said, nice thing about these is when you use two you can dim them on the driver and get less heat.
you can maintain a workable temp during flowering in the summer, and a perfect temp during the winter.

i know ive said this a 100 times on these forums but i personally bought and returned 3 cheaper leds within the first month i started growing, the hlg was my 4th light and as soon as i saw the light it produced i knew this was the one.

i grew dwc back in 2009-2010 and used metal halide and a hps and the light looks like what i remeber that did, as opposed to the blurples i had returned.

i know for fact if something goes wrong with my plants it wasnt my light.

just was looking in the tent and have seen how big the hairs have got from just today.
i gave the gg just a single gallon of RO water with some humic acid and 25% of bio flores.
my thought was some of the humic wpuld help eat up some of the stored nutes in the medium, and then next watering ill give a full dose of the usual with some micronutes to start week 3 flowering, because i can already see the plants screaming for food lol.
does that sound right?

ok so i have two cheap ph meter type things (vigoro brand) that i stuck into the gg4 plant and both of them read 7

im under the inpression that is too high of a ph and that may be part of the reason im getting these twisted discolored leaves.

what should i do? flush the plant? or continue with my normal routine but start to lower my normal feeding ph?

day 18 flower

just thought it looked cool to open the tent and see both plants praying

CA11272E-5CDF-4180-BD20-4BD450E2B9B7.jpeg
0590B3BA-2169-4EBC-BF72-7F9EEB25BE5E.jpeg

done picking any leaves off the gg, i cleared a few top get light down into anfew lower bud sites but at this point i have the canopy im sticking with

this late into flower i did pluck a few lower branches off the rhino, i may pluck a few more tomorrow but done with her canopy as well.

the trichomes are looking great already. this is my first time growing nirvana genetics so i dont know if its the strains, the uv light i added or actually running the board at the correct height and % but the trichs are alot nicer than my last grow.

im getting frost on the fan leaves stems, and also the second node down fan leaves from the tops are starting to frost halfway up wow.

I got no answers but I do have a holy crap your plants look awesome! Nobody looks too stressed to me. What are you guessing you're gonna get?

I got no answers but I do have a holy crap your plants look awesome! Nobody looks too stressed to me. What are you guessing you're gonna get?
not a lb lol, but oh well if i can get 4 ozs id be happy with it at this point.
going to start a new plant to start vegging while these two finish up, no mainlining and im going to get the correct nutes to use for this medium for this next plant

fungus gnats, theyre sticky cards

Dont those sticky cards have poison on them to kill the insects? Food for thought.

Get a few fans going on down on the soil line - gnats fly up - wind hits em, they cant get back to soil to lay eggs. Problems solved and no poison on your weeds.

You could also do an IPM - probably a good idea. IPM easily takes care of gnats.
EDIT: Does ANYONE know anything about them

was wondering if you knew anything about quantum board LED

What do you wanna know. I use them in VEG and flower but not my primary light source.

Hey Dinkleman - You mentioned pH testing your plant with a meter.

Plants look good to me. How did you test your pH?

I'm organic soil so my "understanding" is - proper pH of inputs and dont worry about the rest of it. In soil we dont worry about pH, the plants/microbes self regulate it.

Back
Top Bottom