In The Lab

Same with golf clubs Zig. I used to love getting to the first tee with my raggedy carry bag and assorted sticks and proceed to thrash the guy in the cart (they cost $ so wasn't in my golf budget), with the Ralph Lauren sweater, new staff bag and sparkling set of Pings. I think it's important to check the details, but when it comes to lights and other hardware we use in our grows, the first thing to check is if they indeed work to grow plants. I think all the sponsors here have lights that will grow.

:peace:

One plant, one pot, correct? Im having a very friendly discussion with a buddy from my group. Im at a disadvantage, he had a hot chocolate made with some of my cannachocolate, and cannilla :) I didnt.. He thinks planting more than 1 seed..maybe up to 4 seeds in a huge pot for space reasons, i.e. 20-30 gallon softee, would grow and grow well with Docs kit.
Would be an interesting experiment using different strains, different number of seeds etc. :)

One plant, one pot, correct? Im having a very friendly discussion with a buddy from my group. Im at a disadvantage, he had a hot chocolate made with some of my cannachocolate, and cannilla :) I didnt.. He thinks planting more than 1 seed..maybe up to 4 seeds in a huge pot for space reasons, i.e. 20-30 gallon softee, would grow and grow well with Docs kit.
Would be an interesting experiment using different strains, different number of seeds etc. :)

If going 12/12 from seed, putting 3 plants in a 30 gallon pot would work well. But for wider plants, that's just not enough room.

Raised beds are the way to go. Someday.....

If going 12/12 from seed, putting 3 plants in a 30 gallon pot would work well. But for wider plants, that's just not enough room.

Raised beds are the way to go. Someday.....

RAISED BEDS....Come on spring. Im gonna do one raised bed with some 3rd run soil this outdoor season. at least 100gal...wish I could do 500gal lol but it will do for now.

Is this considered a too hot soil if a soil has too many microherd, they will eat up all the the stuff in the soil? Does this end up with deficiencies, and or lockout, etc?

oooo good Q and interesting thought....:reading420magazine:

A pot's base would benefit the roots, plant if its considerably wider than the top?
Im going to try this.. I have a plastic Christmas tree stand which I was asked to toss out by Mrs Ziggy. I saw this and thought hmmmm..
I think Ill cut off the center well where the trunk sits and gets watered, fill with kit soil, cover and attach to wide base with garden fabric(the fabric mesh weed barrier/mulch- comes in roll to spread across garden). Water and air flows right through it. Soil doesnt.
It looks like it might hold about 6-7 gallons of soil. I will do this and try it.

Is this considered a too hot soil if a soil has too many microherd, they will eat up all the the stuff in the soil? Does this end up with deficiencies, and or lockout, etc?

A soil with too much un-attached microbial action is temporarily too "cold" not too hot. Once the microbes eat up all the food, they die and release all nutrients back into the soil.

But microbes need to be partnered up with roots, and taught to eat a healthy diet of rocks and minerals. The trouble comes when we feed molasses or brew our own AACT with sugar/molasses/organic matter. We don't want them to eat sugar or organic material!

We want them to eat the damn rocks...the stuff the plant needs that it can't get any other way....

A soil with too much un-attached microbial action is temporarily too "cold" not too hot. Once the microbes eat up all the food, they die and release all nutrients back into the soil.

But microbes need to be partnered up with roots, and taught to eat a healthy diet of rocks and minerals. The trouble comes when we feed molasses or brew our own AACT with sugar/molasses/organic matter. We don't want them to eat sugar or organic material!

We want them to eat the damn rocks...the stuff the plant needs that it can't get any other way....

copy and pasted :high-five:

I'm sorry to keep bringing things up that I know are posted, but can't remember on which page it was...

Its pretty clear how to mix the foliars and when to use them.

I grasp how to mix the stuff per plant or 6. It even seems pretty clear when to use which drench in relation to any other drench.

I even understand when the plants want liquid.

So heres my question, its semi-twofold:

When does it get only water? How often do they want a drench? I know during mid bloom they will eat as much as you feed them depending. During this time do people skip water feeds and just go all drench?

1/4 strength Transplant with water only, or with every water and drench?

Tea with water or tea only with drenches?

I hope my questions are clear, we keep going round and round these things. I'm happy to consent these things are not set in stone but some sort of guideline would be helpful (perhaps added to the instructions, I have seen this sentiment repeated by many, even Tavoso!)

Thanks Doc!!!!!(anyone chime in please but THANKS DOC!!!)

i promise to tattoo anything useful to my leg or something so I don't repeat this question, but it seems to be a theme among the disciples!

(have read instructions 4x a day for months, scripture)

I'm not sure where this is coming from, but let's just clear it up! See below.

Tea is used with each and every drench. Period.

Transplant is added at 1/4 oz for all waterings now....we've talked about this before. The exception is when we actually transplant, at which time we use Transplant like a normal drench.

In veg, there's nothing at all wrong with using Growth Energy the whole way through, but if you get root bound (and I'm always root bound) I find that a good soaking with transplant once in a while helps.

When in doubt, use Growth Energy.

No one is doing it wrong! There are principles and actions to these products and once we understand that, we can basically make up our own feeding schedules, assuming the products are being used intelligently and not in some whacky way.

The current instructions are right on.

this post goes a long way to clear some things up, sorry to ask for more!

I'm sorry to keep bringing things up that I know are posted, but can't remember on which page it was...

Its pretty clear how to mix the foliars and when to use them.

I grasp how to mix the stuff per plant or 6. It even seems pretty clear when to use which drench in relation to any other drench.

I even understand when the plants want liquid.

So heres my question, its semi-twofold:

When does it get only water? How often do they want a drench? I know during mid bloom they will eat as much as you feed them depending. During this time do people skip water feeds and just go all drench?

1/4 strength Transplant with water only, or with every water and drench?

Tea with water or tea only with drenches?

I hope my questions are clear, we keep going round and round these things. I'm happy to consent these things are not set in stone but some sort of guideline would be helpful (perhaps added to the instructions, I have seen this gone round and round with basically everyone, even Tavoso!)

Thanks Doc!!!!!(anyone chime in please but THANKS DOC!!!)

i promise to tattoo anything useful to my leg or something so I don't repeat this question, but it seems to be a theme among the disciples!

(have read instructions 4x a day for months)

Give pure water between drenches. No tea in the water. Doc says he has best results drenching every other watering. I usually do a light water and a heavier water between drenches. Drenches are 8- 14 days apart. Always tea with drench, no tea with water.

Only back to back drench is the cat drenches weeks 4-5. I still usually light water between.

1/4 transplant is optional and with every watering or drench and only during bloom. But the same rules apply for tea. No tea with water. .

Give pure water between drenches. No tea in the water. Doc says he has best results drenching every other watering. I usually do a light water and a heavier water between drenches. Drenches are 8- 14 days apart. Always tea with drench, no tea with water.

Only back to back drench is the cat drenches weeks 4-5. I still usually light water between.

1/4 transplant is optional and with every watering or drench and only during bloom. But the same rules apply for tea. No tea with water. .

printing tattoo stencil

Are you going to have a spare backup light? If not go with the 2 600s at least then your not totally screwed if you have a failure :thumb:

Unfortunately i already made my purchase. I guess considering i just paid $1300 for a light im putting my faith that the light will at least hold up to their 5 year warranty period. Down the road I will purchase more lights no doubt, as i will have a 2nd veg tent also which i might get a custom panel for veg only. I liked the idea of the single panel the best but getting 2 would have been the safest bet i guess. Oh well...

I do mine the same way - alternate water with drench, and I try to alternate drenches. So ... Trans - water - Energy - water - Trans - etc. That's the baseline we should all be starting with. That works, period. :cheesygrinsmiley:

But I almost always put 1/4 dose of Transplant in the water now. I tend to dose on the low side and I have smallish pots, so I think mine probably need it more than most.

Since I've been putting 1/4 transplant in ALL watering/drenches, I haven't done a transplant drench. Also, since my plants have decided they like water of some sort 3x wk, AND my concerns with the soil running out of energy, I've been alternating energy+1/4 trans, water + 1/4 transplant, water + 1/4 transplant, Energy + 1/4 transplant until last week when I gave both cat drenches. I suppose their next water should be just that...water. But they look good. :)

:cool:

Since I've been putting 1/4 transplant in ALL watering/drenches, I haven't done a transplant drench. Also, since my plants have decided they like water of some sort 3x wk, AND my concerns with the soil running out of energy, I've been alternating energy+1/4 trans, water + 1/4 transplant, water + 1/4 transplant, Energy + 1/4 transplant until last week when I gave both cat drenches. I suppose their next water should be just that...water. But they look good. :)

:cool:

That's pretty much what I do, although I might take an extra watering at times, or an extra feeding, based on being a gardener, etc.

They really seem to like the constant level of Transplant.

Zig, i think youre bud is probably correct. Recall that pair of Jack cuttings i dropped into holes carved out of used 7 gal pot? They grew huge and gave up huge buds. 20gal pot would def grow 3-4 nice plants as long as you didnt veg em forever. I could offer more insight with a mug o' cannachocolate.

"A $5000 bicycle rides only as experienced as the rider is...a $500 bike will win races if driven by an experienced rider."

So true. On the road race track and on the streets skilled 600 riders can cream litre bikes. The huge horsepower difference isn't so useful on the challenging part,curves. So true with many things, guns, chef knives, surf boards and certainly a great pair of boxing gloves wont help an untrained person.

On the other hand having an excellent piece of gear is a confidence building starting point. Kit soil and a good lamp and genetics !!!

Zig, i think youre bud is probably correct. Recall that pair of Jack cuttings i dropped into holes carved out of used 7 gal pot? They grew huge and gave up huge buds. 20gal pot would def grow 3-4 nice plants as long as you didnt veg em forever. I could offer more insight witha mug o' cannachocolate.

I would like to try this, In coming months..especially in a large pot, 3-4 plants planted equidistant on inside perimeter under 11/13 from seed. I will start to find out how large plants get under 11/13. one might be able to cut out weeks from a long running sativa...

Id be interested in how that works out. I dont think it would yield so great.

We will explore together. :) Its expanding on my present grow now. Currently, Ive basically planted on top of root balls that are intact and were not composted by the microherd.
My thinking, and yes Im in my creative mode :rofl:, that if the biota and root symbiotic relationship from my young plants, somehow connect or merge physically or through ions communicate, into the preexisting mesh/web of roots and micorrhizae, like a neural net, evolving...
Wow..
I love this plant.:)

Back
Top Bottom