In The Lab

It gets confusing because we always want to think PPM or EC or "Mils per gallon."
My gear is usually based per acre, or per 1000 sq feet.....and containers are different anyways.

Soooo......look at it like 1oz per 6 plants. It doesn't matter how much water....although I'd recommend no more than 3 gallons per plant for a feeding, and I often feed with just one gallon.

If you're doing one plant.....5 mils, because 30mill (1 oz) divided by 6 is 5.

Doc - great, just what I needed!

Don't mean to be obtuse, but when you say 3ml drench, exactly what do you mean? Scale down the nutes from 1 oz to 3 ml? For which nutes?

And, just to be clear, I'm referring specifically to Doc's "drench" formula
Here's how I do it:
Fill 5 gallon bucket with water/tea/food....whatever it is you're doing. In the case of my kit I make the bucket like this:
1 ounce of Energy
2 mils Tea
1 ounce Transplant
Tav is talking normal feeding....I'm talking about something I do once or twice if the plants are quite rootbound.

You could just take a bucket and put 1 oz GE and 1 oz Tranplant along with Tea and dunk the plants....that's what I do.

Tav is talking normal feeding....I'm talking about something I do once or twice if the plants are quite rootbound.

You could just take a bucket and put 1 oz GE and 1 oz Tranplant along with Tea and dunk the plants....that's what I do.

I'm glad we got this straightened out!! I thought maybe they were talking general feedings - which BTW, I break down just as they as you've explained.

What you've suggested for us 1-planters is what I suspected (listen to your gut, Mike). Thank you!

Only thing after reading this that I'm a Lil lost on is drench. How in the hell am I going to soak 30 7 gallon pots. maybe I missed something that was a long ass read. Skip some pages in the 30-50 area.

On another note. I'm all in. I'll start with 6 but want to be prepared and have enough cooked to go full board cause I think my results will be stellar.
pretty excited to try this out. My biggest concern is I have like 3000$ in nutes I may no longer need. I mean I have 15 gallons of house and garden soil a and b plus all the Damn additives

Another thing I can actually re use my soil and it won't suck ass. Awesome. Those two reasons alone got me so pumped up.

Only thing after reading this that I'm a Lil lost on is drench. How in the hell am I going to soak 30 7 gallon pots. maybe I missed something that was a long ass read. Skip some pages in the 30-50 area.

On another note. I'm all in. I'll start with 6 but want to be prepared and have enough cooked to go full board cause I think my results will be stellar.
pretty excited to try this out. My biggest concern is I have like 3000$ in nutes I may no longer need. I mean I have 15 gallons of house and garden soil a and b plus all the Damn additives

Another thing I can actually re use my soil and it won't suck ass. Awesome. Those two reasons alone got me so pumped up.

It's not practical at all to dunk 7 gallon pots. I recommend a large saucer for the larger containers.

In veg, dealing with small 1-2 gallon pots it's pretty easy to dunk them if you have 3 or 4 buckets half full of a drench, or you can flood a tray and drain it....or just top water. Top watering will work just fine, but bottom watering works a bit better, especially when the plants are rootbound.

I suggest top watering and just doing the "dunk" twice or so as a good compromise.

In bloom, when it's time to water, gently put one gallon down the top and then fill up the saucer and that should really get them. Just make sure the plant is wicking up that water within an hour. If not, you watered too soon.

One other concern I currently use a 50 gallon poly drum to hold my mixed nutrient solution I have a submersible pump and I use a home made wand and water my girls.

Will this method still be ideal or am I going to have to water each plant by hand. I've read about the fertigator thing you talked of earlier in the thread but not looking to do that
Ideally I'd like to use my same setup with the drum,pump,airstone

It's not practical at all to dunk 7 gallon pots. I recommend a large saucer for the larger containers.

In veg, dealing with small 1-2 gallon pots it's pretty easy to dunk them if you have 3 or 4 buckets half full of a drench, or you can flood a tray and drain it....or just top water. Top watering will work just fine, but bottom watering works a bit better, especially when the plants are rootbound.

I suggest top watering and just doing the "dunk" twice or so as a good compromise.

In bloom, when it's time to water, gently put one gallon down the top and then fill up the saucer and that should really get them. Just make sure the plant is wicking up that water within an hour. If not, you watered too soon.

I use 4x4 botanicare trays 4 and will be adding another 2 of the 2x4 trays once we remove wall after this cycle.

So maybe flood them? How high right above the drain holes in my 7gallons? Thats a ton of water not sure how much but alot.

One other concern I currently use a 50 gallon poly drum to hold my mixed nutrient solution I have a submersible pump and I use a home made wand and water my girls.

Will this method still be ideal or am I going to have to water each plant by hand. I've read about the fertigator thing you talked of earlier in the thread but not looking to do that
Ideally I'd like to use my same setup with the drum,pump,airstone

Great question. Yes, you can continue to use your pump/drum and sprayer! Just remember to give each plant roughly the same amount of well mixed drench/water. Also, keep in mind that these products are living and will bloom if left in the drum. Rinse out after each feeding to avoid this.

I use 4x4 botanicare trays 4 and will be adding another 2 of the 2x4 trays once we remove wall after this cycle.

So maybe flood them? How high right above the drain holes in my 7gallons? Thats a ton of water not sure how much but alot.

You could flood them, but you'd waste a lot of water. I prefer saucers. About in inch above the drain holes and water will wick halfway up the pot easily.

But top watering is fine! I did it for many cycles! You'll have to top water for the re-charge anyways.

Would you rather I just email you my questions and concerns or post here?

I love questions like these! Please ask them here or on another thread! We all benefit from the free exchange of information.

Re: "In the Lab" with Doc Bud

Hello Doc,

Think I want to try this. Need to read more, but I'm liking what I see so far. I'd like a kit, will you send me a PM. Please, thank you!

That was quick, thank you, sir.

Hi Doc, Can you send me a PM when you get a chance. Thanks

Hey Snoop,

What's up? If you're interested in the kit, here's the specs:

85.00 includes shipping to the US. Kit is fully legal in every way, but I won't offer product support for a crop that you are not growing legally in your state.

You need a bale of Promix HP Myco, and 20-40 pounds of organic earth worm castings and the kit has all the rest: sprays, drenches, amendments, root powders, etc.

email: membership@cannapharms.com

Hey Snoop,

What's up? If you're interested in the kit, here's the specs:

85.00 includes shipping to the US. Kit is fully legal in every way, but I won't offer product support for a crop that you are not growing legally in your state.

You need a bale of Promix HP Myco, and 20-40 pounds of organic earth worm castings and the kit has all the rest: sprays, drenches, amendments, root powders, etc.

email: membership@cannapharms.com

You didnt mention kit includes Dehydrated Magic..
..just add water :)

Doc, should i get 2 P600's or 1 p1200? im going to grow 4-6 plants at a time in 7 gal pots

Are you going to have a spare backup light? If not go with the 2 600s at least then your not totally screwed if you have a failure :thumb:

I like the idea of the 2 smaller units, unless you need multiple large units for large space. Smokey has a great point.
Im using a P450, and some toplight leds.
Both work great, imo. I havent ran a side by side grow but some of the 'grad students' :) have grown and journaled their grows using different lights either side by side or at different times growing same strains
To me its similar to a $400 dollar bottle of wine. Does it taste 10x better than a great $40 bottle?
I cant tell that big of a difference between those wines above, especially if the $40 was switched for $400... Its amazing how much better a $40 wine out of a $400 bottle tastes :rofl:
I think the experience of the grower with the same ingredients, strain, kit, etc., of a grow is way way more important.
A $5000 bicycle rides only as experienced as the rider is...a $500 bike will win races if driven by an experienced rider.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom