In The Lab

I run a 4x4 with only 6-7 plants so I've routinely mixed up half batches. :thumb:

I lay the whole bag of amendment out in a long fat line and try to even out the powder and rocks as much as I can, then cut it in two. I cut the recharge into 10 piles and seal it in baggies, one for each 6 gallon pot.

That's a good idea GT. I think I sold my ladies short on the recharge this time though I tried to eyeball-measure as closely as I could at the time. Taking some guesswork out is always a good thing for me...lol

:cool:

Hey guys I got a couple of questions.......I bought this promix in jan. What do these numbers mean? I read here where the promix dry does have a shelf life......just wanna start out with proper ingredients...
image20441.jpg

Second question...... this one might be tougher. I used about 12 1 gallon containers(like the ones for kool-aid or juice), for my first traditional grow. About how much would u say is left? Have I used to much soil out of this bag to just mix up amendment and castings with what I have left?

Hey guys I got a couple of questions.......I bought this promix in jan. What do these numbers mean? I read here where the promix dry does have a shelf life......just wanna start out with proper ingredients...
image20441.jpg

Second question...... this one might be tougher. I used about 12 1 gallon containers(like the ones for kool-aid or juice), for my first traditional grow. About how much would u say is left? Have I used to much soil out of this bag to just mix up amendment and castings with what I have left?

It looks like that soil is old....and I don't like the biofungicide either. But if you want to use it, be sure to water down the cooking soil with a strong dose of Tea.

I'd like to try this Doc, but it seems like alot of work for a single or 2 plant virgin grower like me.

Are these products available at my hydro store or thru the mail?

On reflection that's kind of a dumb question, how would you know what my store carries? Lol

Would there be a more basic version of this? I mean that's alot of product and won't it get spoiled or something by sitting for months on end?:thanks:

I'd like to try this Doc, but it seems like alot of work for a single or 2 plant virgin grower like me.

On reflection that's kind of a dumb question, how would you know what my store carries? Lol

Would there be a more basic version of this? I mean that's alot of product and won't it get spoiled or something by sitting for months on end?:thanks:

Actually the work is minimal - especially when you compare it to other soil-nuttrient mixes, or hydro (IMO).
You could pick everything up locally and by mail, but now you have created a lot of work and additional expense for nothing.
It may be a fool's errand, but I'm also a virgin grower and will likely only put two plants into my first HB grow (soil cooking now). In fact, I believe Doc's kit is perfect for a noob. It has a proven track record with plenty of margin for errors along the way and awesome built-in support right here... I hope. :laughtwo:

It's not hard at all. There are several growers who have produced world class produce on their first or second try. The products will keep for years if stored in a cool, dark place.

If you can find better stuff for twice the cost I'd be surprised. If you can find better for less, please let us all know! Stores don't have any of it except the Promix and the EWC.

Actually the work is minimal - especially when you compare it to other soil-nuttrient mixes, or hydro (IMO).
You could pick everything up locally and by mail, but now you have created a lot of work and additional expense for nothing.
It may be a fool's errand, but I'm also a virgin grower and will likely only put two plants into my first HB grow (soil cooking now). In fact, I believe Doc's kit is perfect for a noob. It has a proven track record with plenty of margin for errors along the way and awesome built-in support right here... I hope. :laughtwo:

The kit is perfect for all growers, noobs and pros..a kit is a great bargain! Works out to Less than 15 bux a plant, not including the ProMix or EWC, including shipping! Plus invaluable free support and growing expertise here from Doc and his T.As.(Teacher Assistants :))You can cater it to 1-6 plants. The products not mixed, if kept under proper conditions, last 1-2 yrs.

It's not hard at all. There are several growers who have produced world class produce on their first or second try. The products will keep for years if stored in a cool, dark place.

If you can find better stuff for twice the cost I'd be surprised. If you can find better for less, please let us all know! Stores don't have any of it except the Promix and the EWC.

It wasn't an early try for me but these results are easily obtainable with Doc's kit
oppresults1.jpg

More like an ounce on that. It's very important to get the biology established.

Hey doc the only bx the store had, said the same date on it my hp had. So I'm just gonna do the tea when I mix. Was that an ounce to a whole bale? As I'm only doing a half of one.

Ok guys here it is.........things you need.....kit is in the priority box. Oops minus the ffof in the back. Lol.
image20517.jpg

Hey doc the only bx the store had, said the same date on it my hp had. So I'm just gonna do the tea when I mix. Was that an ounce to a whole bale? As I'm only doing a half of one.

Ok guys here it is.........things you need.....kit is in the priority box. Oops minus the ffof in the back. Lol.
image20517.jpg

What's "exhale?"

Looks like you're ready to get started! I've decided to do some YouTube videos! So, hopefully we'll start to see some tutorials.

That would be great!

Back
Top Bottom