In The Lab

Hey Doc, just to clarify for me because I thought this was answered differently before. Other than at transplant, I thought the 1/4 transplant water was only given during flower. Did I mis-understand that?

A follow up to that......does the basic kit come with enough transplant, for watering with it @1/4 strength?

There should be enough Transplant in the kit for that, yes. You have 8 oz. you can still do a drench or two. T'he only time not to add 1/4 strength Transplant is during Cat Drench, as Cat Drench already has TP in it.

Maxyields, you and I are on the same page. It took me awhile to ask that question. Looks like you just wrote a simple high brix bible... Your plan made sense to me.

I always like to be prepared early on instead of trying to figure it out as I go. So you know what to expect I guess.

Maxyields, you and I are on the same page. It took me awhile to ask that question. Looks like you just wrote a simple high brix bible... Your plan made sense to me.

I always like to be prepared early on instead of trying to figure it out as I go. So you know what to expect I guess.

Ditto...as a complete noob I like the idea of having a step-by-step instruction in a day-to-day/week-by-week order so I can replicate success while learning how things work during the process. What I like about Doc's system is that the science is decided by an expert and that nature, when provided the perfect soil and environment, performs the magic on it's own.

I've spent 2 months researching hydro, air, supersoil, and every nute manufacturer out there and it seemed like success was hit and miss. The biggest problem it that all you have to do is mess one thing up and an entire series of events then takes place that is difficult to isolate. There are too many variables during a 16-week period from seed to harvest that can go wrong in most of the mainstream grow systems being used. I like the fact that I can make a mistake with DocBud's and still recover with minimal fuss.

I'm really, really thankful I didn't drink the hydro koolaid. Plus...OMG!! BUD WASHING!!! WooT!! :high-five:

Ditto...as a complete noob I like the idea of having a step-by-step instruction in a day-to-day/week-by-week order so I can replicate success while learning how things work during the process. What I like about Doc's system is that the science is decided by an expert and that nature, when provided the perfect soil and environment, performs the magic on it's own.

I've spent 2 months researching hydro, air, supersoil, and every nute manufacturer out there and it seemed like success was hit and miss. The biggest problem it that all you have to do is mess one thing up and an entire series of events then takes place that is difficult to isolate. There are too many variables during a 16-week period from seed to harvest that can go wrong in most of the mainstream grow systems being used. I like the fact that I can make a mistake with DocBud's and still recover with minimal fuss.

I'm really, really thankful I didn't drink the hydro koolaid. Plus...OMG!! BUD WASHING!!! WooT!! :high-five:

Exactly! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I can attest that it's really hard to screw your plants up using the kit. :thumb:

Plus, of course, it grows really good weed. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Exactly! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I can attest that it's really hard to screw your plants up using the kit. :thumb:

Plus, of course, it grows really good weed. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And what's even better? As Doc has said, this is what will be used when we are free and can grow outside in raised beds. Can you imagine what this will do with the sun as a light? I'm so stoked. I'm so sold. Natural organic gardening on steroids. Wow...just freakin wow. We can learn this indoors under a controlled environment, then...oh man.

I also like something else which is rare these days...Doc's passion for his work. And not just that, but a passion to pass it on. And to go even further, he's not trying to sucker people for cash. That's integrity right there. I'm genuinely convinced DocBud is a righteous dude.

:thumb:

Thanks Doc!

And what's even better? As Doc has said, this is what will be used when we are free and can grow outside in raised beds. Can you imagine what this will do with the sun as a light? I'm so stoked. I'm so sold. Natural organic gardening on steroids. Wow...just freakin wow. We can learn this indoors under a controlled environment, then...oh man.

I also like something else which is rare these days...Doc's passion for his work. And not just that, but a passion to pass it on. And to go even further, he's not trying to sucker people for cash. That's integrity right there. I'm genuinely convinced DocBud is a righteous dude.

:thumb:

Thanks Doc!

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your kind words.

Hey Doc, I'm off to the store to get my EWC and ProMix here in a little bit. I was curious if EWC with an actual NPK ratio of .05-.04-.05 alright? Or should i just order Wiggle Worm Castings online?

Hey Doc, I'm off to the store to get my EWC and ProMix here in a little bit. I was curious if EWC with an actual NPK ratio of .05-.04-.05 alright? Or should i just order Wiggle Worm Castings online?

You'll survive with the one above and save some money, but try to get "0" on the K whenever possible.

BTW: The lab just increased prices on a couple items so beginning April 8th, I'm going to have to raise the price of the kit to 92.00, up from 85.00.

DeStress just doubled in price but it also has a new, better formulation. Everything else remains the same. Sorry about that!

You'll survive with the one above and save some money, but try to get "0" on the K whenever possible.

BTW: The lab just increased prices on a couple items so beginning April 8th, I'm going to have to raise the price of the kit to 92.00, up from 85.00.

DeStress just doubled in price but it also has a new, better formulation. Everything else remains the same. Sorry about that!

Deal of the century!....and that includes shipping..
Kit /6. <16$/plant, plus a seed? Plus free support? :blunt:

Hey as a consumer......all we can ask for is price, delivery, and quality.......I'll take the later of the two for a couple of extra bucks.....not to mention the customer support.

Hey doc how the tube videos coming?

Hey as a consumer......all we can ask for is price, delivery, and quality.......I'll take the later of the two for a couple of extra bucks.....not to mention the customer support.

Hey doc how the tube videos coming?

They're coming. There's another person involved and he is in the process of doubling his grow, electrical, etc. They're coming, however. Promise.

On another note:

Let's try to keep all discussion here related to the specifics of High Brix gardening with my kit. Other discussions can take place on one of my other threads!

Alright, so I'm really working hard on something that's been weighing heavy on my mind lately. I'm not at all liking this mid-bloom discoloration event that happens to some people, including me. Some get it more than others, others don't seem to have the problem at all. I've had it myself, but I don't experience it as much as I used to.

So I'm working on a few ideas:

1. Two Feedings of Brix in one week around week 3.
2. Top dress with EWC and re-charge. ( I have been leaving out the EWC top-off for a while now.)
3. Top dress with Rescue soil and re-charge.

I'm not really seeing much benefit to the Epsom thing...it helps a few strains a little, but I'm trying to get beyond this little problem.

If anyone wants to try these things out and report back, I'd love to hear how it went!

They're coming. There's another person involved and he is in the process of doubling his grow, electrical, etc. They're coming, however. Promise.

On another note:

Let's try to keep all discussion here related to the specifics of High Brix gardening with my kit. Other discussions can take place on one of my other threads!

Alright, so I'm really working hard on something that's been weighing heavy on my mind lately. I'm not at all liking this mid-bloom discoloration event that happens to some people, including me. Some get it more than others, others don't seem to have the problem at all. I've had it myself, but I don't experience it as much as I used to.

2. Top dress with EWC and re-charge. ( I have been leaving out the EWC top-off for a while now.)

I'm not really seeing much benefit to the Epsom thing...it helps a few strains a little, but I'm trying to get beyond this little problem.

If anyone wants to try these things out and report back, I'd love to hear how it went!

Doc, what is your opinion with whats going on?
I will be more than willing to try anything to help.
I have 3 plants I can try one of each thing on. My slight issue is what does 3 weeks of bloom look like? My tents run 11/13. Things are different, as you of course, know. If you can post a pic as to what I can look for, a visual for me, please.

I have 3 plants I can try one of each thing on. My slight issue is what does 3 weeks of bloom look like? My tents run 11/13. Things are different, as you of course, know. If you can post a pic as to what I can look for, a visual for me, please.

anything strain specific?

Your situation is a bit different for sure. I don't usually have the problem so much, but I'm seeing it more than I'd like with folks who are using my gear and I'd like to overcome it.

There are some challenges unique to small container gardening, and this very well could be one of them.

Another idea is to postpone the Cat Drench. I wonder if it's too strong and maybe cooks the roots a bit?

Oh well, the difference between good and great is often just extra effort. We all just keep trying to improve! Maybe some LOS soil technique might come in handy, eh?

On another note:

Mine happens later than week three but always during second half of CD or right after the Cat Drenches during the huge growth explosion.

So far I have tried heavy top dress of EWC right before CD on one grow and right after CD on another. I have also had the problem on grows with 1 brix spray a week with min stress sprays and with 1 brix spray every 1.5 to 2 weeks with one or two stress sprays a week.

My plan for next time I grow an eater is to do the TD of EWC and recharge about 1 week before CD so around week 3 (I have been doing the CD around week 4 maybe I should move this up a week?) and giving them a really heavy energy feeding a couple days before the CD and another one right after. I can do the double brix spray also if you think thats better than a brix and a stress spray that week. It seems like they just go nuts and run out of energy, and the bigger the plant is compared to its container the easier it happens for me.

Im also switching to 10gal softies for my flowering plants instead of the mix of 7 and 15gal eqiv air pots for the next round.

Still not sure what I am going to run next round though. I think one of my pennies is a male based on its height and I am probably better of with the hurkle anyway. I just planted a purple malawi reg and a couple malawi x pck fem tonight. I might take a couple cuttings off the hurkle to start a new mom and run the reveg with the ace plants next run and ditch the penny altogether but im still not sure what I wanna do yet :passitleft: If I run a Hurkle next round I will deff let you know if the heavy energy before and after CD and bigger pot helps it. :thumb:

I have a feeling the Ace strains will not have the same issue. The SLH is still going strong right beside the Hurkle and is showing no signs of the issue. They have both been fed and watered pretty much exactly the same since flip.

Back
Top Bottom