Increasing yield with defoliation indoors: What's it mean? How to do it?

well I guess you could say it's research in a way. I mean from here on out it's picking up the nuances. I didn't invent this method.

i know my friend. i remember, its some other guy with 30 years of experience that did the work your guide was based on.
thats ok, no one will hold that against you :rofl:

thing is tho bro...with great power comes great responsibility ;)

you have had a record breaking growth in reputation on this site, and now you hold the title of 'the guy to go to' with regard to defoliation.

now its time to carry the torch yourself and discover something....anything that wasnt from someone else.

im not very good at this, it pretty much sounds horrible, what im trying to say is that your now the king of defoliation, not that other guy...we are looking to you for new technology on the matter.

dont be afraid to break ALL the rules your predecessor made. to be blunt i came to this on my own (mainly due to cash shortage and needing to smoke leaves, but as they say nessesity is the mother of all invention) and i only have a year of growing experience of my own.

you have managed to absorb that guys info and are in a far better position to forward this than anyone else.

im not trying to anger you, im trying to push you out of your comfort zone....lead us oh great defoliator =D

+reps my man!
you took that better than expected...was waiting for a shadowy figure coming up my driveway with a shotgun:rofl:

still it only took you 4 mins to respond...maybe your one of those whoes anger builds slowly like the tide :D

lol, you really did make me lol. I took no ill feeling from your post whatsoever. I was however, chatting with a friend in WoW and so didn't respond faster. So awfully sorry. I'll try to do better.

Hey mate,
I like your rationale for your comments, and what youre saying is right in some cases.. See, I dont grow for big buds, I grow for BIG YIELD per single plant in a small space. Whether or not the buds are 2ft or 1ft isnt important, but it does help to have some large cola's from each Primary branch that was created in order to pull over 10 oz P/plant in 15 weeks or so. As you said, my last grow had a 60-75 day flower period, I pulled her on day 59 or 61 something like that ans she was an impressive yielding plant. Sure I lost alot of bud size as I didnt defoliate as much as I perhaps could have, but the top 1/3rd of my plant was all bud, so say about a 2.5 ft deep x 4.5ft wide of buds was my main production area, like a SOG, or SCROG, most growth removed below the top canopy and top canopy gets priority..
From 4 of my 2ft buds that was all the burglars left me, They weighed over 6oz dry, and I had another 2/3rds more in bud that was stolen, So my last girl would have EASILY given me 12 oz.
This current grow is taking shape similar to my last, I hope to replicate the results maybe even better it.. I normally only do 1 plant a time, and I need as much as I can from this to make it worthwhile.. 1 or 3 oz from a plant is nothing for us, we can toke upto 6 oz in about 3.5 mnths, hence, my need for a plus 8oz yield P/Plant!! Or get my mrs to quit!!
Hmm.. I just forgot my intended comments I was thinkin of:scratchinghead: Oh well:) Bin dribbling enuf anyways! But yeah, There are many opinions and results, but each person must do whats suitable for themselves.. BE COOL GUYS!! Catch Ya's, Smokemup...

Just applied the 1st stripping to my new girls. Two each of Martian Kush and Master Kush

Before and after pic:
PC030001.JPG
PC030002.JPG
PC030003.JPG
PC030005.JPG
PC0300061.JPG
PC0300081.JPG
PC0300091.JPG

So basically what you mean is (Have i got this right bro????) you defoliate at the bottom of canopy during flowering??? I have tried this and they do seem to love tough love

I pluck top to bottom. They don't mind it.

Hey bass I am ASSuMEing that those are now being veged up for the next flowering run right? Those are in the closet in the buckets you chill w/frozen water bottles?

yes. A little behind because I had some Master Kush seeds not take. Had to replace with what I had, adding 2 Martian Kush seeds to the picture. But in the end my timing may be good allowing me to do a better cleanup, especially on the carpet, after harvest before moving these in to flower.

Back
Top Bottom