is this really true? veg cycle

wildmanweed

so iv been doing allllooooottt of reading up on just about every stage of growing marijuana. and i have read a couple of times that the min. amount of weeks for veg is 4... is this true? my plant is only 2 weeks old but is still small, and i look up pics of 4 week plants and they arent that big either, can you really start your plant on growing bud at this size? or do they mean to wait 4 weeks of veg in between harvest to flowering?

yes of course you can, you could take a seedling and place it straight into flower, but that dosent mean its the best thing to do.

no two strains will have the exact same answer on this question because all plants have different growth paterns. some strains will grow very little durring the veg cycle then when you flip over to 12/12 will stretch like monsters. then some strains will grow like wild fire durring veg and do nothing but pack on weight durring flower. it all comes down to the strain you are growing, the growin conditions in which the plant lives and the quality/ quantity of water and nutrients your feeding these plants.

the best way to get your answer to to research your specific strain for growth characteristics (not al cannabis plants in general), or just experiment with your current grow. take pics to keep track of plant and root sizes durring veg, just before flower and just after. durring flower that way in future grows you know how long to flower out this strain to get the typ of results you desire.

there are tuns of variables that dtermine plant size and over all bud production.

are you running cfl's or hid? how many watts?

are you doing any kind of plant manipulation to increase bud sites?

ect.. ect..ect..

for me and my particular set up, i like to veg for minimum of 4 weeks, usually 4.5 weeks to 8 weeks is what i like. i veg as long as i possibly can without growing a plant so large i cant contain it. and that brings into account your grow rm size, if you dont have allot of space you might have to flower early.

thank you. i will be doing lst on my plant in a circular pattern around the pot, once my plant takes up att to almost all of the pot, im going to put it into flowering, if thats 3 weeks or 10 weeks from now idk. oh and 3 26 watt daylight cfl and 1 26 watt soft white cfl

dont be too concerned with slow growth seeing how you are using cfls, not thats there is anything wrong with them, they just dont put out INTENSE light, and plants LOVE intense light, the more lumens the better. well as long as the rest of your environment can handle all that light and still maintain optimal growing conditions for your plants.

good luck with your ladys ;0

Back
Top Bottom