Jack's Classic vs. FloraNova

Thanks.

I was drowning in resources not to mention my compulsiveness. I read about 1/2" holes, 1" holes, pencil-sized holes, holes covered with chicken wire, mesh, nothing . . .

I'm half way through your adventures and appreciate you making it simple and easy.

Thanks.

I was drowning in resources not to mention my compulsiveness. I read about 1/2" holes, 1" holes, pencil-sized holes, holes covered with chicken wire, mesh, nothing . . .

I'm half way through your adventures and appreciate you making it simple and easy.

there's a hempy thread under "hydroponics," it will help you sort things out.

Hempy style is simple. What I'm trying to say is that it's friggin easy and simple! Really easy.

However, for some reason, most people want to tinker with it and "improve" it. That's fine.....and often times fun....but no improvement is needed. It works wickedly well with just a bucket and a hole. The size of the hole is important, because you don't want it to drain too fast.....and you don't want it to clog....you want the bucket to "piss" out water after a good water.

But that's over on the hempy thread.

BTW, Jack's classic would work very well in a hempy. I reckon floranova would too.

Im using Floranova....have been for quite awhile. I have no doubt that Jacks is good but Ive never used it.
I started using H&G A+B as a base and some of the other H&G additives....in 1 batch of plants....they look great and Im not even using the soil nutes.

PitViper, thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

I've noticed that so many folks chose one nute over the other on their first effort and if things went well, they developed brand loyalty. I do think I'll end up going with Jack's Classic if for no other reason, the history behind the brand. Many a folk have done well with Jack's so if I don't, I wont be able to blame the nutes.

Keep it as simple as I can. My (new) mantra.

Setting Sun, I'm like that. I like old brands that have been around and gotten better over the decades. I don't really know what I'm doing. I've read a couple of books and followed a couple forums. Jack's may not be the very best, but it certainly isn't bad and it probably wont be the reason for a bad experience.

That's why I'm trying to simplify everything. That way I can better isolate the source of any error.

DocBud, if you happen to be lurking, sorry if I torqued you off with my obsessive questioning. It's an unattractive personality trait of mine. I honestly appreciate your help and experience.

Setting Sun, I'm like that. I like old brands that have been around and gotten better over the decades. I don't really know what I'm doing. I've read a couple of books and followed a couple forums. Jack's may not be the very best, but it certainly isn't bad and it probably wont be the reason for a bad experience.

That's why I'm trying to simplify everything. That way I can better isolate the source of any error.

DocBud, if you happen to be lurking, sorry if I torqued you off with my obsessive questioning. It's an unattractive personality trait of mine. I honestly appreciate your help and experience.

Torqued me off? :lol: Not at all! I love growing, talking about growing, thinking about growing, learning about growing.....all of it.

Simple is good, bro.

environment
water
medium
food

Get those right and the plants will grow.

One thing to remember is that fertilizers designed by large corporations have more money to do more research than the new specialty stuff. I used Peter's (Jack's) for a long time when in soil. I've seen excellent results and it doesn't cost much. I'll go so far as to say that much of what is being touted by these small manufactuers will cost you. One reason is not enough N and too much P during flower.

About 10 yrs ago a friend bought me a 5 lb bag of Peters 20-20-20 (pre Jacks Classic I think) at Big Lots for like 4 or 5 bucks. I have used it for years in the veggie garden and my hydro experiments of past with peppers. Great results. Last year I used it on my outdoor grow with good results. And my last indoor grow with my bud, thats what we used for veg then Botanicare Pureblendpro for flowering. Good results again.
Hopping on the CRF band wagon this grow with 50/50 OC+/Dynamite. Looks like the plants are on steroids, lol...Have always grown bag seed. This time bought some Nirvana Northern Lights. Can't wait to toke some hightest erb for a change.

I just added some Dynamite to some outdoor LR2's I'm growing. Their growth just exploded and they look super-healthy.

I'm just about sold on using CRF's and tap water for my grows.

I honestly think I would have a hard time feeding my plants better than the Dynamite is doing.

I also used OC+ and Dynamite in my flower beds this summer, and had more and nicer flowers than any year previous.

It just seems too easy.

I was debating on OC+ or Dynamite, so I figured what the heck, 1/2 dose of each might be just right. So far so good.
Actually put half the Dyn at 2" hole level of the hempy (straight perlite on the bottom), mixed the other half with half dose of the OC+ and mixed that in the medium, then the other half dose of OC+ right below the root ball of the transplant. Figured the OC had more N to get things going. Sure did.

Has anyone come up with the perfect ratio of the Jack's Dynamic Duo?

What ratio to use during Veg?
What ratio to use during Flowering?

I've been experimenting and during veg I tried a 1/2 dose of Jack's Classic 20-20-20 breaking it down to 10-10-10 every 15 days. I've had great results for a few feedings and then on 2 of my plants the leaves throughout the plant turned a little yellow. I then jumped the dose to a full 20-20-20 every 15 days and the leaves immediately revived and turned nice and green. I've been on this regimen all through veg.
Now my plants have started flowering and am wondering whether to just use the Blossom Booster formula of 10-30-20 every 2 weeks throughout the flowering stage. For general outdoor plants and vegetables Jack's instructions recommend using the combo of 1tbs of each (20-20-20 All Purpose and 10-30-20 Blossom Booster)

This is my first grow so I am just trying to experiment and do the right thing. I've always been good with plants and never got to scientific. I always stuck to the basics and have done fine. Now I want to step it up a bit and give my Cannabis grows a bit more. I hope that someday I can have leg sized colas like Doc (haha).

Throughout my grow I have just been using my outdoor water source and have not even checked PH. All seems fine. Now I was thinking of getting a plastic garbage can and fill it with water and then PH the water to 6.5. Then I can use that as my main source for watering. When I need to add nutes I will just fill my jugs with the PH water, add the nutes, and test and PH the jugs again?

Any feedback would be appreciated...

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom